Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

13 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Shite comeback. The best team in the playoffs won the playoffs kid. Get over it. Good chance you'll be in a playoff next season too. Against Kelty. Bye now!

You have to feel for Peterhead having to put up with these idiots for another season.

Sadly for you, no. I was too busy looking at our promotion pictures on Facebook last night.
Are you taking the piss? Your team has just been promoted so you celebrated by sitting on Facebook? Mate you're having a nightmare here.

Well done Clyde on promotion.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

Are you taking the piss? Your team has just been promoted so you celebrated by sitting on Facebook? Mate you're having a nightmare here.

Well done Clyde on promotion.

I'm at the wind up :lol: it was a wee dig about us going up after alot of you boys said we wouldnt! Dont take everything you read on here so seriously mate!

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

In fact, reading up on the lad, I've done him a disservice for his time at Central Park. Shame it was all downhill from there though

McDowell was a quality player. Skillful and a good finisher.

3 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Can remember watching Jim McArthur when I was a laddie. He was useful. But Duff for me.

Jim McArthur was brilliant, Steve. He made his debut for Cowden when he was about three years old (The Cowboy will know). Raymie was a star, going on forever. Duff was a legend  -  great keeper and a big character. He gave me a bear hug when we ran on to the pitch at Brechin to celebrate promotion. My ribs still haven't healed. 

7 hours ago, Drifter said:

Whilst on the subject of not so super strikers, could anyone tell me who was Cowden's number 10 between 1998 and 2000 please

(Which is a serious question!)

98/99 was worn by various players, Ally Hamilton,  Graeme Brown, Wullie Stewart and JP Burns, Toorie wore it  a couple of times. 

99/00 various players wore it in first half of the season Paul Simpson, JP,  Broonie and Murray. 2nd half of season it alternated between Broonie and Murray with Broonie wearing  it the most.

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

Raymey  Allan has to be my all time  favourite keeper and he was a great character as well. He was still coming to the occasional game a few seasons back. He had a great presence between the sticks and a massive booming shout that no player or fan could ignore. 

I remember standing behind his goal at old Bayview when I was a wee boy . We were losing to East  Fife and  he was getting a bit of needle from a few locals who were telling him that even the Cowden fans thought he was shight.  He invited them for a square go behind the stand as soon as the game finished. No way did they take him up on the offer. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

And cos I'm really bored now, and fed up with this season... I might as well start a semi-regular thread over the next few weeks, asking for your favourite player in certain positions down the years... Starting with....
Best/favourite keeper you've seen with the thankless task of guarding the Cows' net?

Raymie Alan for me. Did like Ernie McGarr when I was younger . What a lad for saving penalties he was.

Goalkeepers I can remember since I started supporting us in no particular order -

John Martin, Andy Carlin, Stephen Orr, Stephan Gollasch, Davie Hay, David McGurn, Thomas Flynn, Kyle Allison, Scott Gallacher, Jamie Sneddon, Ludo Roy, Youseff Bejaoui & Jamie Pyper.

Some talented keepers there - John Martin was a classy keeper when I was too young to actually appreciate the importance of a goalie. Davie Hay was just superb. Flynn was good also with Sneddon.

Then you've Stephen Orr who I'm sure couldn't catch a cross, Stephan Gollasch who conceded 6 in his only appearance and Jamie Pyper who went in goals away to Elgin last season other than not saving a penalty kept a clean sheet.

13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Goalkeepers I can remember since I started supporting us in no particular order -

John Martin, Andy Carlin, Stephen Orr, Stephan Gollasch, Davie Hay, David McGurn, Thomas Flynn, Kyle Allison, Scott Gallacher, Jamie Sneddon, Ludo Roy, Youseff Bejaoui & Jamie Pyper.

Some talented keepers there - John Martin was a classy keeper when I was too young to actually appreciate the importance of a goalie. Davie Hay was just superb. Flynn was good also with Sneddon.

Then you've Stephen Orr who I'm sure couldn't catch a cross, Stephan Gollasch who conceded 6 in his only appearance and Jamie Pyper who went in goals away to Elgin last season other than not saving a penalty kept a clean sheet.

In recent years, you've also had Ryan Goodfellow, Joe McGovern, Michael Andrews, Alin Roman, Grant Adam, Robbie Thomson, Seb Usai, Craig Wight, Colin Stewart, Lee Wilson and Kris Bower. There were young keepers who were bench fillers too like Shaun Hunter, Callum Speedie and Blair Penman.

I liked Joe McGovern before his injury.  I think he ended up at East Fife.

I think my favourite keeper in recent years was Thomas Flynn though. Really liked him.

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

In recent years, you've also had Ryan Goodfellow, Joe McGovern, Michael Andrews, Alin Roman, Grant Adam, Robbie Thomson, Seb Usai, Craig Wight, Colin Stewart, Lee Wilson and Kris Bower. There were young keepers who were bench fillers too like Shaun Hunter, Callum Speedie and Blair Penman.

I liked Joe McGovern before his injury.  I think he ended up at East Fife.

I think my favourite keeper in recent years was Thomas Flynn though. Really liked him.

God I had forgotten about half of them. 

Michael Andrew - according to Soccerbase he played 6 games for us in 2015/16 and conceded 19 goals :lol: 

22 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Michael Andrew - according to Soccerbase he played 6 games for us in 2015/16 and conceded 19 goals :lol: 

Off the top of my head, he conceded 7 at Dunfermline and 4 against Stenny. I think he conceded another 3 at Dunfermline in a different game before being sent off and Jamie Sneddon came on for his debut.

He was one of the worst keepers I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Off the top of my head, he conceded 7 at Dunfermline and 4 against Stenny. I think he conceded another 3 at Dunfermline in a different game before being sent off and Jamie Sneddon came on for his debut.

He was one of the worst keepers I've ever seen.

It was Berwick we got him from wasn't it?

Nice of us to return the favour by loaning them Goodfellow :lol: