Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

13 hours ago, big al said:

Out in edinburgh yesterday, bumped into Kris Renton, had a quick drink with him. Good lad.

then later bumped into Chris Kane and had a chat. Leaving East Fife, would be a good centre half for us!

Read Luc Bollan released by Dundee Utd, no idea if he would return to us but would be a good signing.

BTW im no even lying I total forgot we bumped into Chris - we were all mortal though so its all good. You offered £200 a week to him did you no.? take a zero aff.....

Big rents a great lad.

Would take bollan - raw and young and will learn and get better kind of signing cowden used to make and improve players.

14 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

John Wright a class act  & a brilliant guy  off the park too.

Johno works in Henderson’s timber in Kirkcaldy. I see him quite often. Great guy. 

Played football with him for a few years and very talented player.

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Johno works in Henderson’s timber in Kirkcaldy. I see him quite often. Great guy. 

Played football with him for a few years and very talented player.

One of my favourite players back in the day I am sure he was hampered  a series of back injuries towards the end of his time at Cowden. Pass on my best wishes a genuinely really decent bloke.

36 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

One of my favourite players back in the day I am sure he was hampered  a series of back injuries towards the end of his time at Cowden. Pass on my best wishes a genuinely really decent bloke.

Will do Alan

11 hours ago, NELLY said:

BTW im no even lying I total forgot we bumped into Chris - we were all mortal though so its all good. You offered £200 a week to him did you no.? take a zero aff.....

Big rents a great lad.

Would take bollan - raw and young and will learn and get better kind of signing cowden used to make and improve players.

A top bloke and a gem to interview

Edited by Blue Oktober
missed link

Today's Scotsman

Cowdenbeath manager Gary Bollan is convinced Blue Brazil striker Jordan Allan can earn a full-time deal at Hibs.

The 20-year-old has joined the Easter Road club for training after hitting nine goals during a six-month stint and Bollan reckons Allan has enough in his locker to secure a contract.

Allan played for Airdrie aged only 14 years and 189 days old, the youngest player to represent a first team in Britain, prior to a spell with Wolves.

Bollan said: “Jordan has a great pedigree having been in the Wolves Academy for so long and I am sure that he would prosper in a 
Premiership first-team environment.”

Question: If Jordan signs for Hibs, will Cowden be due any bawbees?

26 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Today's Scotsman

Cowdenbeath manager Gary Bollan is convinced Blue Brazil striker Jordan Allan can earn a full-time deal at Hibs.

The 20-year-old has joined the Easter Road club for training after hitting nine goals during a six-month stint and Bollan reckons Allan has enough in his locker to secure a contract.

Allan played for Airdrie aged only 14 years and 189 days old, the youngest player to represent a first team in Britain, prior to a spell with Wolves.

Bollan said: “Jordan has a great pedigree having been in the Wolves Academy for so long and I am sure that he would prosper in a 
Premiership first-team environment.”

Question: If Jordan signs for Hibs, will Cowden be due any bawbees?

I would doubt we would be due anything but better than hard cash we would maybe get him back on loan for a spell,

A small fee as he’s under 23 and we have offered him a new contract.

Best scenario for us is to get him back on loan, however I would imagine they would want him loaned to a team in higher division as he’s already had a spell in league 2.

The irony of Bollan praising him though, why did you leave him on the bench so many times if he’s so good?

23 minutes ago, big al said:

Best scenario for us is to get him back on loan, however I would imagine they would want him loaned to a team in higher division as he’s already had a spell in league 2.

The irony of Bollan praising him though, why did you leave him on the bench so many times if he’s so good?

He was only with us 6 months doubt it would be much.

Heckingbottom did make a big deal about sending players on loan to clubs that suit the player and will guarantee them to play in the right way etc so that may go in our favour as he isn’t all about just sending them on loan to the highest placed club.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Exactly. We looked so much better when it was Allan and Cox upfront near the end of the season.

Exactly. We looked so much better when it was Allan and Cox upfront near the end of the season.

Because he was helping him rebuild his confidence and match awareness over time without just throwing him in at the deep end after 4 years at Wolves without being given a 1st team chance and unsuccessful trials at various clubs.

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Because he was helping him rebuild his confidence and match awareness over time without just throwing him in at the deep end after 4 years at Wolves without being given a 1st team chance and unsuccessful trials at various clubs.

Which he needs to continue for at least the first half of next season. Fingers crossed.

Edited by PELE

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I’m struggling with that 1 to be fair. Jordyn was brilliant up at Elgin then sat on the bench for weeks soon after.

Think he would have been better off staying with us till at least January if bollan gave him first team time which he deserved  . Get himself a bit more sharper then move up !!!! Still you can't blame him for wanting to play in the highest level but maybe jump to far to fast ( just a personal thought ) I wish him well

I’m struggling with that 1 to be fair. Jordyn was brilliant up at Elgin then sat on the bench for weeks soon after.

Jordan played the next game, was used strategically from the bench v Rangers, then started 4 of the next 5 (and came on as sub in the other), then in next 7 games he started 3 and came on as sub in 3. He scored no goals in the 11 games he played after the Rangers match (7 where he was in the starting line up). Then he scored hat trick v Edinburgh when he started and was regular thereafter once he had the fillip from his threesome. The manager knew his potential and encouraged him.