Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Cowdenbeath well worth their win today, although this was a match for which meaningless end of season fare and mid table mediocrity was coined, and it lived down to both descriptions. I suspect Cowden will be happier with the result than the performance.

Bring on the close. season  when supporters of all clubs can dream of success to come before cold reality sets in again.

Water break must be off the cuff and while there’s probably no real need for it it’s good to see referees showing a bit of humility and common sense in a role that can be very tough.

On another note, and I may just tripping (maybe been mentioned and I’ve missed it) but Cox is right footed, no? Fair fucks to smash that free kick in with his swinger. Not only is he hard as f**k but he’s two footed. Get him signed up.

12 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Water break must be off the cuff and while there’s probably no real need for it it’s good to see referees showing a bit of humility and common sense in a role that can be very tough.

On another note, and I may just tripping (maybe been mentioned and I’ve missed it) but Cox is right footed, no? Fair fucks to smash that free kick in with his swinger. Not only is he hard as f**k but he’s two footed. Get him signed up.

Interesting. Without taking anything away from the strike, I thought the fact the shot went round the wall suggested our keeper might not have set the wall up properly.

May well have been expecting a right footed shot though and Cox has just outsmarted him. Thought Cox was outstanding on Saturday, and would happily have him at Forthbank.

Interesting. Without taking anything away from the strike, I thought the fact the shot went round the wall suggested our keeper might not have set the wall up properly.
May well have been expecting a right footed shot though and Cox has just outsmarted him. Thought Cox was outstanding on Saturday, and would happily have him at Forthbank.

Stirling would have been expecting a right footed shot by Fraser Mullen but it was really too close to the area to get the ball up and down. A flatter trajectory was required and Cox took them by surprise as they likely lined up for a Mullen right footer which left some space for a left foot drive.

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Stirling would have been expecting a right footed shot by Fraser Mullen but it was really too close to the area to get the ball up and down. A flatter trajectory was required and Cox took them by surprise as they likely lined up for a Mullen right footer which left some space for a left foot drive.

Cheers, good to know there are intelligent footballers in League 2 even if it was us who suffered on this occasion.

Cox was excellent on saturday as was Jordan Allan. For such a small lad he has superb body strength and is so quick off 10 yards. Would love him to stay as he is only going to get better.

Kyle Miller was my motm on saturday did a lot of dirty work and unnoticed covering and shielding. A captains performance which I cant say he does too often to be honest.

Good win and good little run.

Another lad who has impressed is Bollans lad - Luc. He reminds me of Darren Mcgregor and John Armstrong in the way he plays he is super raw but again will only get better. I think Dundee utd best interest to give us him for another season.. Sad to say the lad Todd we got from berwick is poor and seen him a few times and not impressed at all.

mone the cowden

10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I see Craig Easton has been in the dugout for the last couple of matches.  Would be an excellent replacement for Mark Fotheringham if we could afford it (which I strongly doubt!).

He is probably watching Bollan, Luc that is. Maybe DU are going to use us as a feeder team.

12 hours ago, NELLY said:

Cox was excellent on saturday as was Jordan Allan. For such a small lad he has superb body strength and is so quick off 10 yards. Would love him to stay as he is only going to get better.

Kyle Miller was my motm on saturday did a lot of dirty work and unnoticed covering and shielding. A captains performance which I cant say he does too often to be honest.

Good win and good little run.

Another lad who has impressed is Bollans lad - Luc. He reminds me of Darren Mcgregor and John Armstrong in the way he plays he is super raw but again will only get better. I think Dundee utd best interest to give us him for another season.. Sad to say the lad Todd we got from berwick is poor and seen him a few times and not impressed at all.

mone the cowden

Bollan does look like he could be a decent player, just a bit rusty and inexperienced at times. I think Todd looks ok. He has some dodgy moments, but he looked like he needed game time to get his fitness back.

Anyone any thoughts on the water break? Is that mandated or off the cuff on Saturday? Why only first half? Never seen it before in my puff

First time I have seen it in Scotland but I’m lead to believe if the temperature is over 20 degrees, water breaks are at the discretion of the referee.

What I also like to see was, just before the water break was called, we had a corner and Cox shouted over to the Cowden dugout for a bottle. Once he’d had a drink he turned to Kyle Banner who was marking him and said “get that doon yi” and then shouted over to the Cowden bench again for another bottle for Lee Hamilton. I thought that was showed a bit of class and it was great to see. Players....and even more so like Cox, are rarely praised for the good things they do on the pitch.

On 23/04/2019 at 22:00, BB_Bino said:

First time I have seen it in Scotland but I’m lead to believe if the temperature is over 20 degrees, water breaks are at the discretion of the referee.

What I also like to see was, just before the water break was called, we had a corner and Cox shouted over to the Cowden dugout for a bottle. Once he’d had a drink he turned to Kyle Banner who was marking him and said “get that doon yi” and then shouted over to the Cowden bench again for another bottle for Lee Hamilton. I thought that was showed a bit of class and it was great to see. Players....and even more so like Cox, are rarely praised for the good things they do on the pitch.

Agree with that, good post.