Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

13 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Be good 4 the coffers as Clyde would travel well

If they were in with a real shout at the title, they might brings a good two or three hundred more fans. Depends on the penultimate points. Although, not great watching other teams win the title at Central. Sure it's happened a fair bit over the years.

13 hours ago, PELE said:

If they were in with a real shout at the title, they might brings a good two or three hundred more fans. Depends on the penultimate points. Although, not great watching other teams win the title at Central. Sure it's happened a fair bit over the years.

Back in 2004 Stirling Albion came to Central on the last day and won 5-0 but it was only good enough for automatic promotion behind Stranraer.

Gretna won the league at Central Park back in March 2005 - Steve Tosh scoring the winning goal with an overhead kick.

Fairly sure somebody won the league at Central Park in 2006 but for the life of me I just can't remember who.....

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Queens Park 99/00 I think won the title at oor bit too.

Remember the tannoy warning Queen’s fans to refrain from going on the pitch after the game. Not sure anyone could be arsed even trying it!

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Back in 2004 Stirling Albion came to Central on the last day and won 5-0 but it was only good enough for automatic promotion behind Stranraer.

Gretna won the league at Central Park back in March 2005 - Steve Tosh scoring the winning goal with an overhead kick.

Fairly sure somebody won the league at Central Park in 2006 but for the life of me I just can't remember who.....

I thought there were a few more, but maybe the others were just officially champions, as it was the last game.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Remember the tannoy warning Queen’s fans to refrain from going on the pitch after the game. Not sure anyone could be arsed even trying it!

I did but didn't get too far up that bloody fence :lol: like that scene from the Great Escape when wee Angus Lennie goes nuts when they find one of the tunnels ( but without the machine guns obviously)   

32 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I did but didn't get too far up that bloody fence :lol: like that scene from the Great Escape when wee Angus Lennie goes nuts when they find one of the tunnels ( but without the machine guns obviously)   

I mean, if I had my own way... was Frankie Carroll playing that day?

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

I mean, if I had my own way... was Frankie Carroll playing that day?

ha ha

Aye he came on as a sub and scored twice 

We'd already won promotion 2 weeks earlier at Shire ( three teams got promoted that season due to league reconstruction)  We just needed a draw. Berwick had to win and hope we lost. We were shite first half and with about half an hour of the game to go we were 1 down and Berwick were 2-1 up. Step forward your keeper Ross Godfrey who let a sclaffed shot from Danny Ferry  through his hands and over his head. Scenes! Only one winner after that. Fantastic day. Cowdenbeath were a class act that day as well off the park

Levein was your manager back then, wasn't he? 

Edited by Mick1867

16 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

A lot of POTY chat from other teams, who would Cowden fans list as their four nominees? McGurn, Deas, Allan, Cox? 

Deas and Cox certainly.  God knows who else though.  Mullen seems to have become a solid right back.

Jordyn Sheerin is the obvious answer though....

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Must just be me that's seen McGurn have bad games!  I've made 4 or 5 games and he was at fault for a goal at Peterhead and was sent off conceding a penalty away to Elgin!

It is you. We wouldn’t be in this league if it wasn’t for McGurn. Yes, he makes mistakes, as he did for the Rovers ( still a better keeper than what they have now) but if he didn’t he’d be playing at a higher level.