Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

8 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

It is my understanding that Jimmy Scott's contract was terminated by mutual agreement, making him a  free agent & as such eligible to sign  for any club within the pyramid system?

Which is absolutely fine. But as Cove (and all other LL and HL clubs) are fighting for a place in the SPFL, they should follow the same rules as League 2 clubs. 

In that scenario, they couldn't sign Martin Scott or any other player under contract when the window closed. They have now potentially gained an advantage over Club42 who also may have wanted to sign Martin Scott. 

4 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Which is absolutely fine. But as Cove (and all other LL and HL clubs) are fighting for a place in the SPFL, they should follow the same rules as League 2 clubs. 

In that scenario, they couldn't sign Martin Scott or any other player under contract when the window closed. They have now potentially gained an advantage over Club42 who also may have wanted to sign Martin Scott. 

Apologies I may be wrong but it is my understanding if he were a free agent would have been eligible to sign for club 42 and above?

6 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Apologies I may be wrong but it is my understanding if he were a free agent would have been eligible to sign for club 42 and above?

I think the only way round that would be to sign for Club 42 as an amateur and then he could only claim expenses?

My understand is that if he signed as a professional, he wouldn't be able to play until the next registration window opened. 

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not as a pro before next window opens

Many thanks guys apologies my misconception then I whole heartedly agree that HL & LL should be governed  by exactly the same criteria to prevent any unfair advantage.

17 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not as a pro before next window opens

I believe to register a player as an amateur, you need to wait 30 days from when the player was last registered as a pro. 

So Cove have probably signed Scott as a pro. Unless the amateur rule does apply to Cove either? 

13 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

I remember Scott having an absolutely stand out performance in a pre season trial match when Fox was manager but we never signed him then. I expected more from him when he did sign for us.  Not a complete failure, but he never hit it off the way I hoped he would.

When Scott did play for us, he was played as a number 10 or as a lone front man (like against Hearts). I think one game he even played left midfield. He was rarely played in his position of central midfield which explains why we didn't see the best of him. 

It's not difficult, play players in their positions and you'll get the best out of them. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's nice to see you Blue Brazilians are clued up on the rules of player signings. Have you ever thought of advising  a certain "big" club's board....? :whistle

Maybe we should adopt Edinburgh city transfer policy and sign Bosmans from HMP

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:01, Brazilianlex said:

Maybe we should adopt Edinburgh city transfer policy and sign Bosmans from HMP

actually signed from Kelty Hearts. But maybe Kelty is an open air prison.