Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Thought we were the better side first half without being great, and that their goal was offside.

The 2nd half yesterday was a tough watch. Very little football played

Didnt like the shape with 3 centre half’s and we were very wasteful passing the ball.

Enjoyed a good day out in berwick with all the lads and it would be a shame to lose that trip if they go down.

You can still have a day out there if they go down.

Hasn’t been the player he was with Dundee or Cowden! That’s a surprise, hope he gets it.

He was on fire at Kilmarnock - then McInnes takes him again and once more plays him in a set up that doesn't really work for Greg same as Birmingham did. Dundee and Killie set up to benefit from Greg's play and the players Scotland have would also dovetail better with Greg

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

He was on fire at Kilmarnock - then McInnes takes him again and once more plays him in a set up that doesn't really work for Greg same as Birmingham did. Dundee and Killie set up to benefit from Greg's play and the players Scotland have would also dovetail better with Greg

Iv been to a couple of Aberdeen games recently and it would help him if Cosgrove has more pace and movement beyond the centre half’s. Saying that he’s still doing quite well, probably better than his first time there.

I agree with this. I was surprised when he went back there. McInnes tactics don’t suit.

7 hours ago, big al said:

Didnt like the shape with 3 centre half’s and we were very wasteful passing the ball.

When I saw the line up, I assumed that we were going 3-5-2 but we went went a back four and had Deas playing left back.

Deas doesn't look comfortable there at all and it shows. He's our best defender, possibly our best player so why are we forcing him out to left back to accommodate Todd (who isn't great) and the manager's son? Play your best players in their best positions.

12 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

When I saw the line up, I assumed that we were going 3-5-2 but we went went a back four and had Deas playing left back.

Deas doesn't look comfortable there at all and it shows. He's our best defender, possibly our best player so why are we forcing him out to left back to accommodate Todd (who isn't great) and the manager's son? Play your best players in their best positions.

In fairness to Deas I thought he was excellent on Saturday and got forward really well.  I'd rather he was at centre half but he did well.

13 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

When Deas arrived he started at LB but wasn’t that impressive. As soon as he went to CH our results improved. Left back continues to be a problem position, hopefully  Talbot returns soon.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

In fairness to Deas I thought he was excellent on Saturday and got forward really well.  I'd rather he was at centre half but he did well.

He was fine but looked like a CB playing at LB. He got caught out a few times as his positioning wasn't great but that's to be expecting when playing in an unfamiliar position. 

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

When Deas arrived he started at LB but wasn’t that impressive. As soon as he went to CH our results improved. Left back continues to be a problem position, hopefully  Talbot returns soon.

Talbot won't play again this season so may have played his last game for us. 

4 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He was fine but looked like a CB playing at LB. He got caught out a few times as his positioning wasn't great but that's to be expecting when playing in an unfamiliar position. 

Talbot won't play again this season so may have played his last game for us. 

Well, every right winger we play against is going to be very good!

12 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Jimmy Scott has joined Cove Rangers

Which shouldn't be allowed. They are now part of the pyramid system and should be governed by the same rules as League 2 to stop any advantage when it comes Play Offs etc. 

Not that it helped them last season. They couldn't stop Sheerin taking out their keeper for the winner. So sweet. 

3 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Which shouldn't be allowed. They are now part of the pyramid system and should be governed by the same rules as League 2 to stop any advantage when it comes Play Offs etc. 

Not that it helped them last season. They couldn't stop Sheerin taking out their keeper for the winner. So sweet. 

Woukd agree with that HL and LL should come under the window like L2.

13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Another reason why I hope Cove lose the play offs emoji38.png

It is my understanding that Jimmy Scott's contract was terminated by mutual agreement, making him a  free agent & as such eligible to sign  for any club within the pyramid system?