Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

24 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

What was the point in recalling Cammy Muirhead, young player with plenty potential and seemed to score goals for civil service, where as now all he does is accompany young Connelly in the stands.

He wasn’t recalled - his loan period ended 

Okay well why not send him out for the rest of the season rather than have him sitting in the stands?

You need 3 elements to come together for that - player wants to go out, club wants him to go out, another club wants him and is willing to meet appropriate part of wages.

1 hour ago, cowden boy said:

Okay well why not send him out for the rest of the season rather than have him sitting in the stands?

I would have him on the bench for at least some of the remaining games and give him some game time. Another player who has potential.

You need 3 elements to come together for that - player wants to go out, club wants him to go out, another club wants him and is willing to meet appropriate part of wages.

Well after speaking to him on Saturday he was more than happy to stay at civil service as were they, so that’s 2 out your 3, last one club wants him to go out I’d imagine so what good is he in the stand? Boost the attendance by one?

41 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Well after speaking to him on Saturday he was more than happy to stay at civil service as were they, so that’s 2 out your 3, last one club wants him to go out I’d imagine so what good is he in the stand? Boost the attendance by one?

I think Cowboy is referring to CS maybe not meeting a wages requirement?

I understand your frustration though bud. Would be good to give the lad a chance after a loan spell, especially as we aren’t exactly burning it up in the forward areas. 

Edited by big al

That isn't 2 of my 3

Player wants to go out, another club wants him thats two pal, all i’m saying is he’s wasted in the stand and not playing football, he looked promising when he got game time last year and scored a few for civil service he at least deserves a place on the bench, the likes of sneddon on the bench I doubt he’ll see any game time this season.

Player wants to go out, another club wants him thats two pal, all i’m saying is he’s wasted in the stand and not playing football, he looked promising when he got game time last year and scored a few for civil service he at least deserves a place on the bench, the likes of sneddon on the bench I doubt he’ll see any game time this season.

That isn't two of the three I mentioned

Obviously we are speculating but surely, even if CS didn’t offer to pay a penny of his wages, the outlay to the club would be exactly the same as it is now with him sitting in the stand. At least if he was out playing every week it could develop the player more and thus be an asset to the club in future years?

My personal opinion is that Bollan has done his Job. Lifted a team from doldrums of bottom of the league 2 years in a row to a position where we dont have to worry about relegation. However he has been backed superbly and on paper we should be doing slightly better not massively but slightly. I dont think Donald will be happy he seems to always say we are going for promotion.. 

Bollan has a team which is not now timid or light. We are a hardworking team with battlers. A couple of seasons ago we moaned we were the opposite. Now is the time to find the balance and build towards next year.

Still a quarter of season to go so for me if Bollan could finish 6th it would be a successful season especially with the rangers cup money in bag also. Im pretty sure there would be another overhaul of players next season. If he can keep Fraser/Allan/mullen/swann/cox amongst others but tweak the forward line and wide players.

We need to realise as a team we are not good enough currently to compete with the top 2-3 teams over a season. However strike that with we shouldnt expect to go from 2 years bottom of the league to being league 2 champions or fantastic team to watch. Bollans teams will never be like that. 

I think Bollan is 7 out of 10 for the job he has done. He would get an 8 if he finishes 5th or 6th.

I still think as a club our overhaul of players during a season is too large but maybe the nature of part time football and the lower leagues.

Confident we will beat Berwick on Saturday then all will be rosy again.........

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone who was at the Elgin game must be wondering what is going on. I’m not even confident that we’ll beat Berwick.

Same here. I think it's 50/50.

Anyone who was at the Elgin game must be wondering what is going on. I’m not even confident that we’ll beat Berwick.

Why? We have lost to the Top 4 - who are better than us, lost to Rangers, beaten Berwick and Albion Rovers plus drawn v Queens Park who are useful at home. Other than Stirling Albion game nothing too surprising

Thought we were the better side first half without being great, and that their goal was offside.

The 2nd half yesterday was a tough watch. Very little football played

Didnt like the shape with 3 centre half’s and we were very wasteful passing the ball.

Enjoyed a good day out in berwick with all the lads and it would be a shame to lose that trip if they go down.