Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Good to see someone looking out for David , yes he can have a bad day , but he always plays for the shirt and plays with passion , sometimes to his detriment  , however no matter what whether good or bad , he will give 100% and just so you know there is no bigger critic about his performance than Dsvid himself , so for all of you who continually  slate him week in week out  , give him a break 

Edited by Morag

2 hours ago, Morag said:

Good to see someone looking out for David , yes he can have a bad day , but he always plays for the shirt and plays with passion , sometimes to his detriment  , however no matter what whether good or bad , he will give 100% and just so you know there is no bigger critic about his performance than Dsvid himself , so for all of you who continually  slate him week in week out  , give him a break 

Not sure who continually slates him week in week out, maybe opposition fans but that is par for the course. David is reasonably well though of at Cowdenbeath and I certainly haven't heard any criticism of him at any game I have been at.

You are clearly a friend or relation of David's, and that is fine, but this is a fans forum and if people want to criticise player's performances here then I think that is absolutely the best forum for it. As long as it is on field criticisms and has some rationale I would rather fans spoke about it on here than shouted during games.

I am sure David supports a football team and speaks about players performances in that team.

There are no issues at all, from what I can see, and this seems to be a complete overreaction. The last thing we need is any sort of fractions.

21 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There was a comment re Davie - if he put as much effort into the game as he did chasing after the referee ... - that was unfair he gives absolutely 100% every time and I know on many occasions he has done so when he was carrying an injury

Exactly "a comment", an isolated comment. It seems quite harsh but it is hardly a sustained period of stick towards David.

I wish we had another 10 David Cox. He plays on the edge and sometimes doesn’t have a good game but always gives 100% and never ever hides.  I think most fans feel the same and negative comments are few in my experience but I also think he is a player that takes bad comments to heart especially after defeats which speaks volumes for his commitment. We need more bad losers !

Wont question david cox commitment or effort that is in abundance. I question his being sent off for something that is pub league standard. Over a corner as well is just stupid. Whether he is right or wrong. He let himself and his team mates down not that we would have got anything from game with 11 most likely anyway but defo not when down to 10.

Move on from it and learn end of. 

2 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Any man who is willing to have a square go with Christian Nade is ok in my book.

It might amuse you to know that the ref suggested that the Raith Rovers manager substitute Nade before he was sent off in a pre-season friendly against City because he wasn't appreciative of the attentions of the Cowden legend that is Joe Mbu  :lol:

58 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

The City camera man missed the "corner" when Cox was sent off! I'm like DC though still say it was a corner:lol:

We must have dropped that particular magic lantern slide.. quite fragile they are you know!

5c74724ee4f5f_magiclantern.jpg.b9d1bc4a9a70e48c851cb4d80dfc4ff4.jpg

On 25/02/2019 at 13:14, Muzza81 said:

Exactly "a comment", an isolated comment. It seems quite harsh but it is hardly a sustained period of stick towards David.

Just a comment out of frustration because of another silly red card. To be taken with a pinch of salt. Our discipline is terrible this season and we are not a dirty team either.

I would be more than happy if all the team put in the effort that Cox and Allan put in. Not saying others don't put in effort before anyone bites.

Cox will get a breather now and come back raring to go (I hope he doesn't have to trail to Peterhead tonight though).

In other news well done  @Cowden_T.I.D  another  great video on Blue Brazil TV with @Cowden Cowboy putting on a virtuoso performance on the pitch . Good watch please like & subscribe free to subtribe &  you will  get updates straight away well done again guys :thumsup2

If you want to take part every Thursday Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre 12pm

Hello again fellas.

I'm heading back up for the Berwick match and what well be my eighth Cowden game of the season (and ninth trip if you include the postponed Sevco Cup clash). 

It might be my last Cowden match of the campaign, unless I can make one of the final two fixtures which is sadly looking unlikely with train prices at the moment, so I'm hoping to have another memorable day and was just wondering if many are planning to travel down for it?

I know there was a bit of talk pre-Sevco that a few would be making the trip, and it would be great to meet up with as many of you as possible once more for a few pre and post-match beers.

Blind Paul, who travelled with me to the rearranged cup game, is also travelling so the Cowden Reds will thankfully number more than just me, and I'm made up he's already caught the Cowden bug and making an instant return.

It will also mark almost a year since my first game and, well, I didn't imagine I'd be approaching almost a dozen games already... but what a  ride it's been so far! I almost feel like a proper fan now!

Edited by Drifter

Hello again fellas.
I'm heading back up for the Berwick match and what well be my eighth Cowden game of the season (and ninth trip if you include the postponed Sevco Cup clash). 
It might be my last Cowden match of the campaign, unless I can make one of the final two fixtures which is sadly looking unlikely with train prices at the moment, so I'm hoping to have another memorable day and was just wondering if many are planning to travel down for it?
I know there was a bit of talk pre-Sevco that a few would be making the trip, and it would be great to meet up with as many of you as possible once more for a few pre and post-match beers.
Blind Paul, who travelled with me to the rearranged cup game, is also travelling so the Cowden Reds will thankfully number more than just me, and I'm made up he's already caught the Cowden bug and making an instant return.
It will also mark almost a year since my first game and, well, I didn't imagine I'd be approaching almost a dozen games already... but what a  ride it's been so far! I almost feel like a proper fan now!

A good 30+ plus travelling down on the train in the morning and staying overnight