Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Just now, big al said:

How can someone get sent off over a corner kick decision though?

thats totally crazy

That's what I send Al he was silly to react and give the ref abuse for it. It was a non event in the grand scale of things should have just moved on with it and got on with the game.

Edinburgh City deserved to win. We didn't turn up first half. Second half was better, more urgency but City always had things in hand. Their experienced pros played the inept ref like a fiddle. Falling in  a crumpled heap or a cry of Hey brought a free kick and sometimes a card. It was all they could do keep a straight face. Keeper caught out a bit for first goal otherwise fine but why drop McGurn? Hope Sheerin gets . a run out on Tuesday, Renton could probably do with a rest, Buchanan too.Anything we get up there will be a bonus so why not shuffle the pack.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I was standing on the balcony looking down on the pitch and it was a corner for us. Off course it was silly of Davie to go running after the ref and get himself off but he was right about the corner.

Bit early to say what its going to be like next season Pele as no one knows what sort of squad either us or Berwick will have.

I spotted you up there, like Lord Muck. Was it like the old Carlsberg advert where you go out onto the balcony for the game? It will be interesting to see any highlights. Looked from where I was that the defender knocked it off Cox.

10 hours ago, PELE said:

I spotted you up there, like Lord Muck. Was it like the old Carlsberg advert where you go out onto the balcony for the game? It will be interesting to see any highlights. Looked from where I was that the defender knocked it off Cox.

Its just where they send folk reporting on the game. I don't normally like standing behind a goal but its quite good from there with the height.. As you say will be interesting to see the highlights although the camera will have a different view from both of us.

13 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Edinburgh City deserved to win. We didn't turn up first half. Second half was better, more urgency but City always had things in hand. Their experienced pros played the inept ref like a fiddle. Falling in  a crumpled heap or a cry of Hey brought a free kick and sometimes a card. It was all they could do keep a straight face. Keeper caught out a bit for first goal otherwise fine but why drop McGurn? Hope Sheerin gets . a run out on Tuesday, Renton could probably do with a rest, Buchanan too.Anything we get up there will be a bonus so why not shuffle the pack.

City players were doing the same ar CP falling over and screaming which is a shame, they are good enough without that.

Cowden should be putting out their strongest team against Peterhead though, they could well get something from the game.

Just play like we did against Elgin!

40 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

City players were doing the same ar CP falling over and screaming which is a shame, they are good enough without that.

Cowden should be putting out their strongest team against Peterhead though, they could well get something from the game.

Just play like we did against Elgin!

I would shuffle the pack and don’t worry about the result.

time to play smart. Much rather have Peterhead win the league than anyone else, too much budget for us looking ahead to next season and it’s a pain and costly to travel there.

Our main priority has to be building for next season. Assuming we are sticking with Bollan we need to look to identify what players we want to keep, and try and get them signed on, and what ones we are going to move on. The target next season has to be the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Bollan has done the job  he was brought in to do which was to stop the rot on the park. It appears to be the case, however, that he is not the man to take Cowden forward. Discuss.

I think that’s a bit harsh.

we finished bottom of the league for two seasons in a row and he has managed to persuade players to sign for us and get us to mid table. 4th would have been a magnificent result this season. We are two or three players short of a top 4 team.

he needs another season for me to bring in better players now that we are once again a proper team and see how we go. Target next year should be promotion play off.

42 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think that’s a bit harsh.

we finished bottom of the league for two seasons in a row and he has managed to persuade players to sign for us and get us to mid table. 4th would have been a magnificent result this season. We are two or three players short of a top 4 team.

he needs another season for me to bring in better players now that we are once again a proper team and see how we go. Target next year should be promotion play off.

I think that's  very harsh   - keyboard warrior stuff at its worst^_^

Bollan has  got us back to a respectable level in a short space of time.

Bollan has done well. If he can build on what we have we can push on. However, it would not take much for us to slip the other way again. Risky bringing someone else in.

There is no chance of anyone else coming in. Bollan must get the chance to kick on.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its just where they send folk reporting on the game. I don't normally like standing behind a goal but its quite good from there with the height.. As you say will be interesting to see the highlights although the camera will have a different view from both of us.

I hope  your prawn sandwich was aff, ya corporate freeloader! ;)

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Hope that wasn't you with the loud haler in with the young team:lol:

Normally you Blue Brazil guys are quite vocal but I couldn't hear anything thanks to those wee fuds exuberant youths.

As I said yesterday to a pal "They always go on about attracting more kids to the football. Bugger that. What we need is to attract more grumpy old men to the football!" 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Normally you Blue Brazil guys are quite vocal but I couldn't hear anything thanks to those wee fuds exuberant youths.

As I said yesterday to a pal "They always go on about attracting more kids to the football. Bugger that. What we need is to attract more grumpy old men to the football!" 

As I mentioned last night on the now deleted thread (probably caused by Clyde fans going on about Thomson) theirfunny with some of their songs but feck knows how the guy gets away with swearing over the loud speaker:lol:

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Nah had to make do with a mince pie it was nice though Spartans do a good pie:P There may have been prawn sandwiches on the go but I didn't see any:lol:

Yeah. The mince pies have some gravy in them. Way better than the usual mince pie.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:33, PELE said:

If Cox put as much effort into the game as he did chasing after the ref and giving him abuse, the result might have been better. It wasn't a corner. The defender knocked it off Cox.

Usual guff from us. I can't for the life of me understand why we persist with Renton up front. He offers nothing. He gets the ball plenty of times and loses it and stands about waving his arms like a spoilt kid. Sheerin looked more dangerous in the handful of minutes he was on. Should be Allan and Henvey starting up front, with Sheerin coming on before it's too late.

With the exception of a few players, we look just like we did a few seasons ago. We will be battling with Berwick to avoid the drop next season.

Interesting post.

My initial thoughts were that it was not a corner however reliable sources closers that myself advise it was. I therefore understand David's frustration but on reflection as an honest pro will probably agree could have dealt with this in a better manner. In term of David's effort my observation is he give 100% and then some a reason why Bollan persuaded him to sign early on in his reign to set a never  say die approach. David has picked up bookings as always plays on the edge committing everything however I cannot recall a straight red against him, nor do I know what he did or didn't say to the ref however as said I am sure he will reflect. Not a player on performance over the course that should be castigated , I also consider the abuse he takes on  the park and as well from opposing fans. All considered a player I am delighted to have him he has his faults yes as a pariah no.

Kris Renton that will be that same Kris Renton who's aimless  running about earns us the penalty albeit a soft award IMHO  and Fraser has to do better . Then in  second half circa 53 minutes outs Cox in with a header to force the EC Keeper to make the first save.

As far as Sheerin goes in his 8 minutes he looked lively and if this is a sign of corner turned I for one would be delighted.

Edited by Blue Oktober