Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 minute ago, big al said:

In more just thinking about the lad than us. He must be gutted and wondering what he has to do. He came on against Rangers (only because of an injury) and did really well. Did well at Elgin. Is a natural  for that position, yet can’t get off the bench. He’s 1 of our best players , simple as that.

nobody is saying he’s a world beater but he’s a good young player and deserves better.

i really hope he gets a club where they believe in him. 

Ali

I try to always be honest & I genuinely don't know why he isn't playing I know & like Harvey personally. Ultimately selection is down to the manger who has more knowledge than me & see's more of the players than I do. I am happy to speak with the manager about Harvey accepting that it is and always be his choice but see if thee are any aspect as to why he is not selting him that can be shared again sometimes there may be reasons that are between the player & Manager that are confidential.

Evening Guys managed to get the ball rolling today with BlueBrazil TV so any feedback would be greatly appreciated was meant to get an interview with a player today but had too much time restrictions so that didnt happen but i managed to get two videos , one with Gary Bollan and the press which is a good insight as i never see much of our manager explaining the game , and one with the Community Liaisons officer and the ball boys explaining how funding helped us get new kits for the ball boys , as i said any feedback will be appreciated as i am a novice in this sector , Cheers links below 

12 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Sheerin may not b e as fit as we would wish but I don't think that he is any less fit than when he was scoring all those goals. Swann does have defensive frailties but Malcolm isn't even left footed.

Unfortunately that is the issue Sheerin is no where near the fitness level he was at when was scoring regularly. To add to that when I've seen him play touch hasn't been great , not holding up the ball either and getting eased off it too easily aspects of his game that were previously big positives, I suspect understandably his confidence levels will be low.  A player I like a lot and would love him to get in shape and push for a place.

As you say Harvey yes there are defensive lapses but personally I would go with him especially when Deas is back. Yes Malcolm is right footed there was a time down south when that was a feature left footed B & vice versa & used to try it myself, but in this instance I believe with his energy Blair is far more effective in the middle.

We just lost a game 4-2, surely the issue is the defence and the protection it gets. Not who plays centre forward. I don’t think changing Sheerin for Renton will make much of a difference.

Allan has to play though. f**k knows what formation we will go with mind you. I’d like to see us go:

McGurn

Mullen Pyper Deas Swann 

Malcolm Fraser 

Cox Henvey Allan

Renton

12 minutes ago, PELE said:

Based on my opinion. He has an eye for goal. Goalscoring is a problem for us. Either we play Henvey and Allan, or give Sheerin a chance.

No issue with your thoughts on Henvey or Allan as factual evidence supports those views based on current performance. With regards to Sheerin at the risk of labouring a point and genuinely sorry to say failed to make any impression against an EOS side some weeks and last week against a Tayside Junior side  a step below EOS. Once again a great guy and I really wish he could feature & do a job however the facts are the facts.

5 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

We just lost a game 4-2, surely the issue is the defence and the protection it gets. Not who plays centre forward. I don’t think changing Sheerin for Renton will make much of a difference.

Allan has to play though. f**k knows what formation we will go with mind you. I’d like to see us go:

McGurn

Mullen Pyper Deas Swann 

Malcolm Fraser 

Cox Henvey Allan

Renton

Muzz wouldn't argue much with that side  pretty much for me our best 11, as you say sadly Sheerin would make no difference I sincerely wish he could but in current condition just not an option. On a more positive note  Connelly nearly there from injury and Sneddon knocking on the door.

14 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

No issue with your thoughts on Henvey or Allan as factual evidence supports those views based on current performance. With regards to Sheerin at the risk of labouring a point and genuinely sorry to say failed to make any impression against an EOS side some weeks and last week against a Tayside Junior side  a step below EOS. Once again a great guy and I really wish he could feature & do a job however the facts are the facts.

Its a bit nit picking but Jeanfield are now an EOS side.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its a bit nit picking but Jeanfield are now an EOS side.

No fair point Andy remis on my part  however  as such two levels away from where we compete and h doesn't  materialistically alter my point significantly unfortunately. 

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

McGurn

Mullen Pyper Deas Swann 

Malcolm Fraser 

Cox Henvey Allan

Renton

II’d go for that apart from Pyper but I don’t suppose we have anyone else.  If Deas gets injured we will be in big trouble.

I'd say the target for this season was mid table mediocrity. We are not as good as some folk on here think we are. Disappointing way we were turned over but Annan are a solid side and have been challenging for a play off spot last few seasons. I don't see what the fuss over Harvey Swann is. To me he is too inconsistent and makes silly defensive mistakes and does not work hard enough. However, he should have played LB yesterday. Pyper has been solid all season and has improved over this last season, imho. Too early to make a judgement on Jamie Todd & Luc Bollan.  

Bollan did make a mistake in not putting Malcolm in midfield, that is where he is most effective. A frustrating day but we did play well in some spells of the game. 

17 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I'd say the target for this season was mid table mediocrity. We are not as good as some folk on here think we are. Disappointing way we were turned over but Annan are a solid side and have been challenging for a play off spot last few seasons. I don't see what the fuss over Harvey Swann is. To me he is too inconsistent and makes silly defensive mistakes and does not work hard enough. However, he should have played LB yesterday. Pyper has been solid all season and has improved over this last season, imho. Too early to make a judgement on Jamie Todd & Luc Bollan.  

Bollan did make a mistake in not putting Malcolm in midfield, that is where he is most effective. A frustrating day but we did play well in some spells of the game. 

First half was pretty even and all 3 were good goals.

2nd half we were barely in it.

Agree with you about all the players you mention, with exception to Swann. How is he going to be consistent if he only gets some game time here and there?

The boy can play, too much for Bollans style. He prefers bruisers. Seems to be some myth that our pitch is so crap it’s just for big battlers. Best player on the park yesterday was their 11, a small guy with a great left foot and lots of flair. They also passed the ball better than us and deserved their win.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Didn’t have a great game but unfair to judge. In a back 5 with Bollan making his debut next to him and a new keeper. It showed!

Ali fair comment but for what I saw well off the pace, but give him time I do not however expect him to offer more than what we have in that area  happy to be proved wrong though.