Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

6 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:
  1. Pyper is under rated IMO & been arguing for months that he should start with Deas always saw this as our best CB pairing, I agree regards Jordan Allan real potential there.

Never been a Pyper fan, he almost cost us a goal last night with a ridiculous pass back. We'll find out how good he is when Deas is missing.

Very much hope I'm wrong. We do still need another CB though.

Lennox is an absolute crock though who is constantly injured. If we were to miss McGurn for a while I’d have no confidence in Lennox being able to stay fit to replace him. I guess if our wage contribution is small it’s no big deal but didn’t exactly feel like a priory area. Not sure what the keeper gets out of it either. 

15 hours ago, StevieLes II said:

Really frustrating. Before the game started I had one twat in front saying to his mate "What about the Livi fans throwing flares after we scored our second." He didn't say much after being told 'WE' were playing Clyde on Saturday.

Then, to hear at least a dozen of them celebrate the first in the last two rows of the stand was a right kick in the teeth. Yet I wasn't entitled to a ticket due to some f**k up with my 100 club membership.

Whilst I agree mostly with how the board dealt with it, (there was no way to please everyone so this isn't a dig at them) surly there had to be a better way to deal with the hospitality guys. If your gonna sell it to them, simply put them in the old stand. Not difficult.

Any Cowden fans giving tickets to known h.u.n.s need to have a word with themselves. They were the real issue.

The last two rows were reserved for hospitality folk guess quite a few of them must have been Rangers supporters not ideal but I can only think they were for access to the upstairs lounge at half time. 

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

The last two rows were reserved for hospitality folk guess quite a few of them must have been Rangers supporters not ideal but I can only think they were for access to the upstairs lounge at half time. 

Andy that exactly why we had 63 in hospitality with  lounge access via the tunnel & listed with appropriate passes to ease access & stewarding.

On 29/01/2019 at 18:22, Drifter said:

Right chaps, as Sevco boss Slippy G once infamously said, "We go again"... and this time tomorrow, I hope to be sat in the Junction having enjoyed a few drinks, after meeting Blind Paul in Dunfermline en-route, and not to be greeted with the same news as a week Friday on arrival in Fife's Chicago! And hopefully see more of you than I did last time. I'm packing the layers, hat, gloves, scarf in anticipaction for the Baltic conditions and all set for another 8.30am departure.

See you again tomorrow, and... C'mon Cowden!

Was good to see you last night Drifter

Edited by ScottieG

59 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Andy that exactly why we had 63 in hospitality with  lounge access via the tunnel & listed with appropriate passes to ease access & stewarding.

We all know that mate but why couldn’t they be in the old stand with their passes to get in?

im not going to lie I was pretty pissed off with this. I get the reasons for the segregation arrangement. It’s not helping our relationship with the locals that many couldn’t get a ticket for the game but that’s the way it had to be. I know several Cowden fans who only come to the odd game when they can that couldnt get one.

however, to then see all these away fans in our stand was infuriating.

This was a match with 4,000 fans not 400.  There was a sizeable police presence and 3/4 safety officers in situ plus a police match commander.  Hospitality was in the main stand and the only access to the hospitality was via the side door near the pie stall/toilets behind that stand.  There was no access for hospitality guests via the tunnel area.  There is a clear segregation demarcation line between old and new stands - no-one from old stand area could cross into new stand area either from the front or rear of the stands.  You cant have people moving between these strictly defined sections.  We have no hospitality facilities in the old stand area.  It is not all easy to amend these sections for many important reasons. 

Happy with how the ticketing worked - I have not seen a proposal which would work better given the comments here about a small proportion of Rangers fans in the new stand.  Old Stand and new stand for 'Cowdenbeath' fans - then you would have even greater mixing of both sets of fans.  Again it also shows that there are potential benefits for fans who get involved in the schemes that gave some priority or buy a season ticket.

The police and stewards are in charge of monitoring the segregation and in my experience take a sensible and pragmatic approach to this.  A bit of tolerance is sensible - zero tolerance isn't workable and would certainly increase security costs if it was tried.  By the same token no fans should be standing in the stand nor in the back row - that can lead on to effect the club's safety certificate, capacity and security costs. 

I didn't disagree with the set up before the game atall, and you make a lot of valid points. However having heard the cheers and seen the scarves, a bigger proportion of that would have been worth allowing any part time Cowden supporter access to a ticket. I'd say it's done more harm than good to the apathy shown towards the club from the town.

To see many absolutely unfamiliar faces in the new stand, knowing full well there have been a lot of people who missed out that have the club at heart was particularly scunnering.

Almost as if a home tie against the Old Firm isn’t as glamourous as it may seem. Hopefully we don’t have to play them at Central Park for a long time. Take the odd away tie.

Fans actively cheering their team on whole situation on the opposition End should be removed the game, no exceptions. The problem here appears to be the hospitality issue. 

This was a match with 4,000 fans not 400.  There was a sizeable police presence and 3/4 safety officers in situ plus a police match commander.  Hospitality was in the main stand and the only access to the hospitality was via the side door near the pie stall/toilets behind that stand.  There was no access for hospitality guests via the tunnel area.  There is a clear segregation demarcation line between old and new stands - no-one from old stand area could cross into new stand area either from the front or rear of the stands.  You cant have people moving between these strictly defined sections.  We have no hospitality facilities in the old stand area.  It is not all easy to amend these sections for many important reasons. 
Happy with how the ticketing worked - I have not seen a proposal which would work better given the comments here about a small proportion of Rangers fans in the new stand.  Old Stand and new stand for 'Cowdenbeath' fans - then you would have even greater mixing of both sets of fans.  Again it also shows that there are potential benefits for fans who get involved in the schemes that gave some priority or buy a season ticket.
The police and stewards are in charge of monitoring the segregation and in my experience take a sensible and pragmatic approach to this.  A bit of tolerance is sensible - zero tolerance isn't workable and would certainly increase security costs if it was tried.  By the same token no fans should be standing in the stand nor in the back row - that can lead on to effect the club's safety certificate, capacity and security costs. 

People stand at the back of the stand every home game from what I can see.

29 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

CC you've pretty much covered my own thoughts here.

Yes as  Cowden fan it galls me to see Rangers fan celebrate in a Cowden area that is a given equally I take some  satisfaction in their contrite silence second half as their team given something to think about.

We were operating on circa 98% of licensesnced capacity having to update  police on a regular basis  up to and including KO also with Fife  Council carrying out a spot inspection some 4 hours ahead of KO. Moving around 10 volunteers/staff from Chapel Street designated  Rangers area to Cowden allocated new stand time consuming. To try do that with 63 hospitality guests 4 times simply not workable.

In terms of the "Cowden Fans who only come to the odd game" the I'm really sorry for them genuinely but nobody has been able to quantify how many people fall into that group my guestimate would be 20/30 people max. Sorry you  simply cannot build a robust  secure plan  to operate Central Park given all its quirks at a capacity of 4100 around 20/30 people who may or may not turn up.

I was actually surprised that the police allowed fok  to stand up the back.If everyone had been made to sit they wouldn't have been anywhere near the hospitality  and  it would have been less pf an issue. I was sitting 2 rows in front of them and didn't have a problem.

Edited by cowdenbeath

4 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
49 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

People stand at the back of the stand every home game from what I can see.

Yes because of a pragmatic and tolerant approach as highlighted

32 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I didn't disagree with the set up before the game atall, and you make a lot of valid points. However having heard the cheers and seen the scarves, a bigger proportion of that would have been worth allowing any part time Cowden supporter access to a ticket. I'd say it's done more harm than good to the apathy shown towards the club from the town.

To see many absolutely unfamiliar faces in the new stand, knowing full well there have been a lot of people who missed out that have the club at heart was particularly scunnering.

Well given home fans usually number 250 and we had 450 no surprise there were some less familiar faces!

27 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Again as Cowden fan  I feel your angst to have Rangers fans celebrate amongst you, I didn't get the chance to witness as only got a seat second half, at which point  their embarrassing silence was in contrast amusing. 

When we talk about "Part Time Cowden Fans " we get into  muddy waters for me and back into the issue you raise initially at your first post as for me who are they wanting to see Cowdenbeath something they can do nearly any game work/personal commitments/finances permitting  sit stand where ever they want, lets face it team playing well why wouldn't you & entry less  45% in terms of cost.

Or do they want to see Rangers/neutral? either way you cannot build a business or create a credible plan for an attendance of 4100 on what in all likelihood  some 20/30 people not likely to visit Central Park again anytime soon

Bear in mind too please that directors/volunteers at the club put in 100s and 100s of hours of work on this over about a month.  For most of the time I have been working more or less every day of the week for the club and so have some others.   A huge range of complex challenges had to be tackled - many of which will not at all be apparent (there's a programme article idea!) - I haven't seen anyone come up with an alternative arrangement for segregation that would work better than that utilised - in terms of permissions, logistics, security and economics

55 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Again as Cowden fan  I feel your angst to have Rangers fans celebrate amongst you, I didn't get the chance to witness as only got a seat second half, at which point  their embarrassing silence was in contrast amusing. 

When we talk about "Part Time Cowden Fans " we get into  muddy waters for me and back into the issue you raise initially at your first post as for me who are they wanting to see Cowdenbeath something they can do nearly any game work/personal commitments/finances permitting  sit stand where ever they want, lets face it team playing well why wouldn't you & entry less  45% in terms of cost.

Or do they want to see Rangers/neutral? either way you cannot build a business or create a credible plan for an attendance of 4100 on what in all likelihood  some 20/30 people not likely to visit Central Park again anytime soon

I get your points mate, sometimes there is no right answer.

however, I still don’t understand why the rangers hospitality fans weren’t in the old stand.

anyway, like you, I enjoyed the 2nd half.

55 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Bear in mind too please that directors/volunteers at the club put in 100s and 100s of hours of work on this over about a month.  For most of the time I have been working more or less every day of the week for the club and so have some others.   A huge range of complex challenges had to be tackled - many of which will not at all be apparent (there's a programme article idea!) - I haven't seen anyone come up with an alternative arrangement for segregation that would work better than that utilised - in terms of permissions, logistics, security and economics

I bet you are all glad the tie is out the way!

Its a real shame we couldn’t have had the old stand but that’s life, the stadium is always going to cause challenges.

its just sad there weren’t more locals and maybe a bit of atmosphere at the game, but that’s a long, never ending debate.

34 minutes ago, big al said:

I get your points mate, sometimes there is no right answer.

however, I still don’t understand why the rangers hospitality fans weren’t in the old stand.

anyway, like you, I enjoyed the 2nd half.

No bother mate re hospitality as I've already said about stewarding control  & also bear in mind  we have to go with Police/Stewarding guidance.

Bigger picture would love to  & need to build local engagement vital beyond a one off game