Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Awee side note - judging by the amount of cheers for the first goal and the amount of Rangers scarves in the home end - the ticketing situation did not work. We've ended up annoying quite a few regular supporters that didn't fall in to any category. Away supporters for big games like that are always going to find a way to get in - perhaps having both stands from now on is the better option.

Awee side note - judging by the amount of cheers for the first goal and the amount of Rangers scarves in the home end - the ticketing situation did not work. We've ended up annoying quite a few regular supporters that didn't fall in to any category. Away supporters for big games like that are always going to find a way to get in - perhaps having both stands from now on is the better option.

Really frustrating. Before the game started I had one twat in front saying to his mate "What about the Livi fans throwing flares after we scored our second." He didn't say much after being told 'WE' were playing Clyde on Saturday.

Then, to hear at least a dozen of them celebrate the first in the last two rows of the stand was a right kick in the teeth. Yet I wasn't entitled to a ticket due to some f**k up with my 100 club membership.

Whilst I agree mostly with how the board dealt with it, (there was no way to please everyone so this isn't a dig at them) surly there had to be a better way to deal with the hospitality guys. If your gonna sell it to them, simply put them in the old stand. Not difficult.

Any Cowden fans giving tickets to known h.u.n.s need to have a word with themselves. They were the real issue.

Four of the Orcs sitting behind me. One of them spouting the usual totally delusional guff.

You will always get a few 'sneaking' into the home end, no matter what you do.

Surprising that there were five empty seats just down from where I was.

12 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

Yes Tranent offered a fee for him but he didn’t want to go back there. 

He is a tough tackling Gary Bollan type.

Why did Berwick release him if he is half decent?

12 minutes ago, StevieLes II said:

Really frustrating. Before the game started I had one twat in front saying to his mate "What about the Livi fans throwing flares after we scored our second." He didn't say much after being told 'WE' were playing Clyde on Saturday.

Then, to hear at least a dozen of them celebrate the first in the last two rows of the stand was a right kick in the teeth. Yet I wasn't entitled to a ticket due to some f**k up with my 100 club membership.

Whilst I agree mostly with how the board dealt with it, (there was no way to please everyone so this isn't a dig at them) surly there had to be a better way to deal with the hospitality guys. If your gonna sell it to them, simply put them in the old stand. Not difficult.

Any Cowden fans giving tickets to known h.u.n.s need to have a word with themselves. They were the real issue.

I think you will find secondary redistribution probably the biggest contributor i.e. Cowden fans selling to Rangers fans mates etc. Appreciate & acknowledge  the frustrations but if at the end of the day we have circa  a dozen Rangers fans in there looking at the whole exercise and all the various considerations pretty successful. Also no significant  police or stewarding incidents. Logistically weeks of planning & work  with a huge contribution from fans & volunteers to which we are extremely grateful, and operationally successful. Just a pity we didn't quite get the result   we wanted on the park.

39 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Appreciate galling at a segregated game to have away fans celebrate amongst you.  That said any system was never going to be 100% perfect and impossible to control secondary on tickets.

End of the day best option & one that satisfied the police & as I understand no reported significant incidents.

In terms of giving both stands to "Cowdenbeath Supporters" I cant quite grasp the logic. Taking round numbers we can count on average 300 "Cowdenbeath Supporters" for a typical league game. Both stands when yo deduct Director Boxes first aid contingency provision seats for players sent off , turnstile operators and other match staff etc you are looking at circa1525 seats to fill. So on say a given norm where are the extra 1225 "Cowdenbeath Supporters" coming from? I appreciate and understand the disappointment of some "Cowdenbeath Supporters" who didn't qualify for tickets via the criteria set or were able to get one from some one to know who did & could sell them one however I cannot believe that 1200  "Cowdenbeath Supporters  themselves in that position  & have seen no evidence to support that argument I would be surprised if that number was more that 50. Bear in mins there were of the order of 500 tickets made available for "Cowdenbeath Supporters" a 66% increase on a regular home support.

32 minutes ago, PELE said:

Four of the Orcs sitting behind me. One of them spouting the usual totally delusional guff.

Seats had to be reserved in the event players sent off also some people who bought tickets didn't turn up it happens. Attendance 4116 licenced capacity 4309 a gap of 193 before you add in home & away directors first aid, staff/volunteers official visitors FA/Sponsors & contingency build all that in and a pretty full stadium.

6 hours ago, PELE said:

There was quite a few standing up he back who didn’t take their seats including myself.

6 hours ago, StevieLes II said:

Spot on mate.

there were 30-40 in the one area that must have been hospitality. Why were they not put in the old stand?

I think you will find secondary redistribution probably the biggest contributor i.e. Cowden fans selling to Rangers fans mates etc.

Exactly what I said in the last sentence.

The hospitality boy's did make up the majority I would suggest though. Old Stand should have been the only area they were allocated.

Credit to the players last night. Done the jersey proud. We looked in awe of rangers players in first 20 minutes. From there on our shape and pressing and work rate were exceptional.

I actually watched the whole game again on tv when I got in. (SAD i know) what I can say is that Rangers should have had a penalty. We should never have got ours. Officials were so poor.

If i were the club and looking to invest some of the money we have made I would sign Jordan Allan on a 18 month or 2 year deal if its possible. You could potentially make money on this kid.

Also watching it back you notice how quick and better Jamie Pyper is. He was superb alongside deas last night. Swann did well also.

A lot of positives from last night and we are no longer a laughing stock team and also aint any pushovers which has been the case for last 2-3 years. Credit to Bollan for this.

1. 17 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Credit to the players last night. Done the jersey proud. We looked in awe of rangers players in first 20 minutes. From there on our shape and pressing and work rate were exceptional.

I actually watched the whole game again on tv when I got in. (SAD i know) what I can say is that Rangers should have had a penalty. We should never have got ours. Officials were so poor.

If i were the club and looking to invest some of the money we have made I would sign Jordan Allan on a 18 month or 2 year deal if its possible. You could potentially make money on this kid.

Also watching it back you notice how quick and better Jamie Pyper is. He was superb alongside deas last night. Swann did well also.

A lot of positives from last night and we are no longer a laughing stock team and also aint any pushovers which has been the case for last 2-3 years. Credit to Bollan for this.

Pyper is under rated IMO & been arguing for months that he should start with Deas always saw this as our best CB pairing, I agree regards Jordan Allan real potential there.

We had the same nonsense at Hampden a few years back. To be fair to stewards their job is to control, not agitate, and if everyone leaves with nothing more fierce than a bit of indignation they've done their job.

Looks to me like your club has won on 3 levels. A decent show on the park which is great for morale amongst the players. A sense of community due to all the effort put in around the club. An extra quarter of a season's income in the bank from one fixture. A guid nicht oot!

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

15 minutes ago, NELLY said:

I would agree with Steven Gerrard's statement that Cowden played for 90 minutes but Rangers played for 45.  GB's plan was obviously to contain Rangers in the  early stages in order to avoid a  humiliating slaughter that might have dented the players' confidence for what is the most important thing - the league challenge. Just think: how much did the Rangers team on the park and on the subs' bench cost? The answer is in the millions. How much did the Cowden team and bench cost? We lost our first goal when Jason Talbot, one of our best players, was off the pitch after a barge by Lafferty. We were far from disgraced, and in the second half, especially when the subs came on,  we took the game to Rangers. If that rebound ball that just crept past the post had gone in, making the score 3-2, who knows what would have happened? 

The players can take confidence from that second half performance. After some truly dire seasons, we have a team capable of mounting a decent challenge at the business end of the table.  Makes a change - a big change.

Re David Marsh: we just don't know the circumstances. No manager would sacrifice one of his best players just before a huge game on a whim.

1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

Re David Marsh: we just don't know the circumstances. No manager would sacrifice one of his best players just before a huge game on a whim.

You really need to start asking questions. Perhaps start with the assistant manager!

28 minutes ago, Elric said:

You really need to start asking questions. Perhaps start with the assistant manager!

A coach or manager falling out with a player shock horror it never happens. Whatever happened right or wrong these things happen. 

19 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Strange signing. 

I would agree with Steven Gerrard's statement that Cowden played for 90 minutes but Rangers played for 45.  GB's plan was obviously to contain Rangers in the  early stages in order to avoid a  humiliating slaughter that might have dented the players' confidence for what is the most important thing - the league challenge..  Just think: how much did the Rangers team on the park and on the subs' bench cost? The answer is in the millions. How much did the Cowden team and bench cost? We lost our first goal when Jason Talbot, one of our best players, was off the pitch after a barge by Lafferty. We were far from disgraced, and int the second half, especially when the subs came on,  we took the game to Rangers. If that rebound ball that just crept past the post had gone in, making the score 3-2, who knows what would have happened?  The players can take confidence from that second half performance. After some truly dire seasons, we have a team capable of mounting a decent challenge at the business end of the table.  

18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Strange signing. 

6 hours ago, NELLY said:

21 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Strange signing. 

The manager clearly doesn't have confidence in the sub keeper. My guess is that this signing is a statement of intent - going all out for a top four place. We have a terrific keeper in Davie McGurn, but if Davie is injured, we're in trouble. Not only is he a great shot-stopper,  he's an experienced leader on the park. He  marshals the defence, who in turn have confidence in him. Having  a good substitute keeper could be the difference between gaining a top-four place and narrowly failing.