Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Swann or Buchanan on the left of midfield? Its a no contest.

If we asked 1000 people it would be 997-3 for Swann. Buchanan, his dad and Bollan. I get the first 2 votes.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, big al said:

I usually don’t say much about Swann but based on the last 2 games we have played, it’s a crime Swann was an unused sub today.

I usually don’t say much about Swann but based on the last 2 games we have played, it’s a crime Swann was an unused sub today.

How can it be .....a player who plays a big  role in creating chances & winning games for cowden to then sits on the bench to watch them lose ???  Play Swann on Wednesday Gary!

44 minutes ago, HelenRS said:

How can it be .....a player who plays a big  role in creating chances & winning games for cowden to then sits on the bench to watch them lose ???  Play Swann on Wednesday Gary!

I actually get why he didn’t start today. Team won well the last game so shouldn’t be changed too much but Bollan probably prefers experience and defensive capabilities of Talbot at left back for Rangers game so needed him to get a game under his belt today.

HOWEVER, by half time it’s apparent Buchanan not having a good day at left mid so Swann should be on them or soon after half time.

Instead we get the management staring at the pitch and no reaction until it’s too late.

56 minutes ago, big al said:

I actually get why he didn’t start today. Team won well the last game so shouldn’t be changed too much but Bollan probably prefers experience and defensive capabilities of Talbot at left back for Rangers game so needed him to get a game under his belt today.

HOWEVER, by half time it’s apparent Buchanan not having a good day at left mid so Swann should be on them or soon after half time.

Instead we get the management staring at the pitch and no reaction until it’s too late.

I get previous playing experience & players capabilities plays a part in choosing your players......

maybe I’m one of only a few that hasn’t forgotten who stepped up & performed under pressure in the biggest game Cowden faced to keep them in the SPL last season & hasn’t stopped showing commitment & delivering when given the chance.  It should be a no brainier - has  swann not proved his worth in experience & capabilities??

1 hour ago, HelenRS said:

I get previous playing experience & players capabilities plays a part in choosing your players......

maybe I’m one of only a few that hasn’t forgotten who stepped up & performed under pressure in the biggest game Cowden faced to keep them in the SPL last season & hasn’t stopped showing commitment & delivering when given the chance.  It should be a no brainier - has  swann not proved his worth in experience & capabilities??

Does the S in HelenRS stand for Swann? 

8 hours ago, HelenRS said:

Of course Swann has experience and capabilities. I’m just saying Talbot has different capabilities ie more defensive minded and of course he has more experience due to a big age difference.

Not sure why you are questioning, pretty much all Cowden fans are on your side as in feel Swann is getting a raw deal. 

Of course Swann has experience and capabilities. I’m just saying Talbot has different capabilities ie more defensive minded and of course he has more experience due to a big age difference.

Not sure why you are questioning, pretty much all Cowden fans are on your side as in feel Swann is getting a raw deal. 

I like Harvey too, but he isn’t a LB. It was the same with Deas when he was played at LB, look at how he’s played since moving to his best position.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I like Harvey too, but he isn’t a LB. It was the same with Deas when he was played at LB, look at how he’s played since moving to his best position.

I disagree. Harvey is better playing at LB and driving from deep. He isn't as effectively when played at LM.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Talbot is the better defender and Harvey the better attacking player.

I agree.

If we are to give it a real go against Sevco, we need our best players in the correct positions. 

If we go out with Saturdays team, we will be trounced. We have nothing to lose, so we should go for it.