Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

10 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Now with a fair chunk of the season gone , which players would you guys like to see us part ways with and what do you think we need to bring in ?

Ignoring the fact that there probably is no money for signings....

I'm relatively happy with the squad as it is.  McGurn in goals is grand. Defence has great options at left back (Talbot/Swann), right back (Mullen/Pyper) and centre back (Pyper/Deas/Marsh).  Midfield has majorly improved since Gary Fraser came in.  Up front we've more strikers than most sides in the country!

The one player where there is no place for?  No it's not Robbie Buchanan (for once!) but Martin Scott.  Offers nothing to the team.

If we had to sign somebody? Possibly a right back to cover for Mullen but I don't think that we need anymore signings.  The team we have is good enough to push for 4th.

17 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Now with a fair chunk of the season gone , which players would you guys like to see us part ways with and what do you think we need to bring in ?

Overall please with the way the squad has evolved, my thoughts would be  to allow Jimmy Scott & Ryan Goodfellow to find other clubs. Bring in another keeper as back up & maybe las a longer term replacement for McGurn. I would also loan out Sheerin say to LL team  to game time, improve fitness & rebuild his confidence.

It must be totally down to the lack of professionalism from Sheerin and I can't disagree. He's still an asset to us though. Definitely wouldn't be against loaning him out (Kelty?) with the option to recall at any time.

Martin Scott, like others have said, can find a new club. Another who can be proud of his efforts any time he's played but he doesn't really add anything.

Are we allowed any more loans?

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I would agree with Scott and Goodfellow and maybe also Buchanan. Sheerin should be playing, starting tomorrow. No way does he need to go out on loan. He barely gets a look in now.

Firstly I am a big fan of Sheerin like him immensely  as a paler and a person, that said I am not blinded by sentiment he  does not in any way resemble the player that started the season with us scoring at will, in terms of size , pace , touch & confidence. He will not start tomorrow nor should he as at present will offer nothing.

The best option is that he works hard gets regular game time elsewhere and gets himself back in shape, and retirs to Cowdenbeath as the player we know he can be. As has been said I think he can be an asset, but a lot of work to be done & I hope he can do it.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

I would agree with Scott and Goodfellow and maybe also Buchanan. Sheerin should be playing, starting tomorrow. No way does he need to go out on loan. He barely gets a look in now.

Yes, but not Buchanan. Sheerin and Renton don’t hit it off, either one but not both, although I’d keep them.

We’ll need a replacement for Deas (won’ t be easy) Cover for Mullen who can also fill in at CH,if Mullen is injured ( or suspended!)Pyper can’t play there. Still have nightmares thinking about some of the performances Pyper and Rumsby had last season.

McGurn won’t last forever, but I haven’t seen a better keeper. He still needs a back up though.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

It must be totally down to the lack of professionalism from Sheerin and I can't disagree. He's still an asset to us though. Definitely wouldn't be against loaning him out (Kelty?) with the option to recall at any time.

Martin Scott, like others have said, can find a new club. Another who can be proud of his efforts any time he's played but he doesn't really add anything.

Are we allowed any more loans?

I wouldn't accuse Sheerin of being unprofessional as I don't know the full back story there may be issues or aspects that I am unaware of. What I do no is that on current form he has nothing to bring to the party & I  think loan spell may get him back in shape and let him regain his mojo.

31 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I wouldn't accuse Sheerin of being unprofessional as I don't know the full back story there may be issues or aspects that I am unaware of. What I do no is that on current form he has nothing to bring to the party & I  think loan spell may get him back in shape and let him regain his mojo.

He has barely kicked a ball for us since early November. Only a handful of late substitute appearances. He can't score if he doesn't get much game time.

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

He has barely kicked a ball for us since early November. Only a handful of late substitute appearances. He can't score if he doesn't get much game time.

There is a reason he hasn't played as I have already stated  whi9ch is in the simplest sense at the moment not good enough, played full match against Burntisland Shipyard 16/11/2018 an EOS  & miles off the pace an EOS league side no disrespect to the Shippy.  The manager has tried to bring him on late in games where opposition side may be fading , and when he's done so no impact. As I've said I'm a fan of him but at a the same time a pragmatist with a clear focus on the team objective.

1 hour ago, big al said:

If there’s any Cowden fans looking for tickets for the rangers game, give me a shout. 

In fact chief... can you hold em until tomorrow night... it's still 90% certain I won't make it so if anyone wants to get at the top of the list on standby... I've just been offered a glimmer of hope for making it... and my companion really would make you smile if it's a goer.

By the way. Do you know who Scotty is on here... or one of the lads from West Brom? 

7 minutes ago, Drifter said:

In fact chief... can you hold em until tomorrow night... it's still 90% certain I won't make it so if anyone wants to get at the top of the list on standby... I've just been offered a glimmer of hope for making it... and my companion really would make you smile if it's a goer.

By the way. Do you know who Scotty is on here... or one of the lads from West Brom? 

If its wee Scott your taking about @Cowden316

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

The weather this Wednesday is supposed to be worse than it was on the Friday when the game was postponed. So far, the weather forecast has been spot on. It is supposed to be warmer from today until Sunday and it has been so far, but the freeze is expected to return for all of next week, including some snow.

ALI, KEEP MY NAME ON THOSE TICKETS TA PAL!!

I'm risking financial ruin to get up for this rearranged game, along with me much-travelled and equally drunken made Blind Paul who despite the fact I'll be acting as his guide, he'll no doubt he guiding me home by the end of another very long day or two on the lash without hopefully the latest recruit of the Cowden Reds! 

Now get them heaters working... please!

Edited by Drifter

1 minute ago, PELE said:

The weather this Wednesday is supposed to be worse than it was on the Friday when the game was postponed. So far, the weather forecast has been spot on. It is supposed to be warmer from today until Sunday and it has been so far, but the freeze is expected to return for all of next week, including some snow.

Oh, frigginell... don't say that... I'll be camping in Burntisland at this rate

So before I book... what extra efforts are being made to assure the same issues don't possibly arise again, and is there any official line on the likelihood/chances of the game being on or off?

9 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Oh, frigginell... don't say that... I'll be camping in Burntisland at this rate

So before I book... what extra efforts are being made to assure the same issues don't possibly arise again, and is there any official line on the likelihood/chances of the game being on or off?

Cowdenbeath v Rangers William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round
Wednesday 30 January at Central Park @ 7.45pm

Cowdenbeath FC have been actively involved in discussions this week with both the SFA and Rangers as we sought to devise a plan to best ensure Wednesday's rearranged match can go ahead as scheduled. All three parties were represented at Central Park today and agreed that the pitch was indeed now fully playable. Forecast weather conditions going in to tomorrow will also continue to benefit the pitch. Thereafter some colder weather is forecast in the run up to the game and that means that frost protection measures certainly need to be undertaken. To that end, with the hands on assistance and guidance of the SFA, Cowdenbeath FC and Rangers FC agreed to jointly fund a pitch protection system to be installed and utilised at Central Park this weekend. A cover system is now being brought in to fully protect the pitch. A heating system will then be deployed to introduce warm air underneath these covers which will continuously incubate the pitch plus also increase soil temperature and tolerance even after cover removal a few hours before kick off.

Grateful thanks go to the SFA and Rangers for working closely with us on this initiative for the benefit of all parties.