Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Just now, Muzza81 said:

As far as I’m aware he was never in Cowdenbeath so how would he even know?

I'm not sure if he was there but he was due to be one of the BBC pundits covering the game for the radio so he could very well have been there at the time as most of the media people were there when I got in.

What happens when the cup game is postponed next week? Does it just keep getting postponed? Or, is there some strange rule about moving it to another ground with undersoil heating or a plastic pitch.

By the time it is played, we will be in the semi final!

33 minutes ago, PELE said:

What happens when the cup game is postponed next week? Does it just keep getting postponed? Or, is there some strange rule about moving it to another ground with undersoil heating or a plastic pitch.

Weather forecast certainly doesn't look good.

Postponement clubs try again the next Monday (or alternatively Tuesday if both clubs prefer), then if that date match is off it is Wednesday. Repeat in succeeding weeks unless SFA Board advises a venue change is required. Draw on a Monday/Tuesday replay is Wednesday

Oh yeah, as a part time club we just love paying for the team to travel to Elgin by coach, go for a meal and all for f**k all. And then, we get the privilege of doing it all again.

Of course, it was our fault aswell.
Another intelligent comment. The roasters are out tonight.

Yeah, like what happened to us a couple of seasons ago, team and fans all in Cowdenbeath then game called off... remember that one eh?!

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That was an act of God, I was there too. Not the act of a fruitcake.

You'll have enjoyed the drive back north then in glorious sunshine. I seem to recall a few Cowden fans discussing the circumstances at the time. Any truth in the story that Cowdenbeath held a training session on the park that afternoon?

Part time clubs rely on volunteers that have the best of intentions though things don't always go to plan - an 'act of God' perhaps like the hottest, driest summer since '76 did the Borough Briggs pitch no favours.  Fruitcake's is a bit harsh...

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

6 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes a weather based postponement - which is not unusual and happens every season in similar circumstances to some clubs.

Point taken - didn't help when we headed down for the rescheduled game on a Tuesday evening only for the kick off to be delayed due to players being delayed crossing the Forth. No access to the ground, stuck outside in the car park and hearing rumours that the Cowden officials wanted it called off. Guess these things happen...

28 minutes ago, Spaceface said:

Point taken - didn't help when we headed down for the rescheduled game on a Tuesday evening only for the kick off to be delayed due to players being delayed crossing the Forth. No access to the ground, stuck outside in the car park and hearing rumours that the Cowden officials wanted it called off. Guess these things happen...

No we didn't want it called off - but we needed to have enough players to make a team.  Referee just set a kick off time once we had 11 fit players present (and a sub goalie) at a point where not all our first choice players had arrived and were still en-route.  We had to put in team lines where some players were not present and not certain to arrive - .  One never made it.  I had to phone players in their cars and in some cases help with directions as they were driving on unfamiliar roads.  Some of them had little or no warm up time. 

2 hours ago, Spaceface said:

You'll have enjoyed the drive back north then in glorious sunshine. I seem to recall a few Cowden fans discussing the circumstances at the time. Any truth in the story that Cowdenbeath held a training session on the park that afternoon?

Part time clubs rely on volunteers that have the best of intentions though things don't always go to plan - an 'act of God' perhaps like the hottest, driest summer since '76 did the Borough Briggs pitch no favours.  Fruitcake's is a bit harsh...

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5818.JPG

Yes the Cowden players trained after the downpour, swimming!

Who in their right mind would put pebbles on a football pitch?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7100149/fans-fury-as-elgin-citys-scottish-league-two-clash-with-cowdenbeath-cancelled-because-small-area-of-pitch-deemed-too-dry-by-referee/

I think I've just got over the disappointment of last week's game being postponed after setting off at 8.30am and being greeted by the Junction Bar landlord as soon as we got to Cowden at around 5 with the opening words "You do know the game's off don't you?!" I thought he was taking the mick, until my mate bounces into the bar and exclaims, Fkinell, it's off!

Anyway, we made the most of it and enjoyed a great night in the Junction with Scotty, Steve and the lads from West Bromwich who'd travelled further than us before heading home the next day... and now I have to face the disappointment of probably not being able to get back up for the rearranged game for one reason or another. Grrr

Edited by Drifter

3 hours ago, Drifter said:

I think I've just got over the disappointment of last week's game being postponed after setting off at 8.30am and being greeted by the Junction Bar landlord as soon as we got to Cowden at around 5 with the opening words "You do know the game's off don't you?!" I thought he was taking the mick, until my mate bounces into the bar and exclaims, Fkinell, it's off!

Anyway, we made the most of it and enjoyed a great night in the Junction with Scotty, Steve and the lads from West Bromwich who'd travelled further than us before heading home the next day... and now I have to face the disappointment of probably not being able to get back up for the rearranged game for one reason or another. Grrr

Kilmarnock  in the next round would be a bit nearer for you, worst case you could watch it live on Premier Sports;)

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

The cup match is unlikely to be played soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it drags into March!

If Sevco were involved in getting the match postponed, they will regret it. The pitch was fine and they could have a fixture backlog, IF they can beat us.