Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The “unplayable” Central Park at 7.30 pm tonight.

146E05CD-6D2D-4B20-B7C4-1578C3034ACA.thumb.jpeg.d05fbc95a6e2016baa199a576bde00be.jpeg

Fuckin SFA are a joke but no doubt directed by Rangers who have a glamour friendly on Sunday where they can parade Defoe and Davis

That picture proves absolutely nothing about how playable the pitch is. 

2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Given the physical effort over a sustained period from so many people & the financial expenditure especially to and who have travelled, including Director Neil Fente from Singapore I would tend to disagree.

You can’t do much if the weather is against you but to put stones on a pitch isn’t the brightest thing to do. It cost me plenty tonight (so far) I can accept that but not what happened at Elgin.

It seems fair to point out that other clubs than Cowdenbeath have had last minute postponements in the last 12 months when fans made the effort to travel...

binos1.thumb.jpg.928ed4943c6fb652631338fd0ff2596f.jpg

No criticism of the mighty Stirling Albion is made as they made sterling (stirling?) efforts to get the game on that night and the Binos board were good to us once the game went off- it was the referee that made the decision. 

I suspect it's a feature of modern (boo!) football that match officials are more prepared to put off a match these days than before- in the old days the Cowden v Rangers match may well have gone ahead with a frozen-ish pitch possibly being a leveller between the two teams.  The point has been made by some City fans I know that it's strange referees never put off games in the summer when pitches are dry and bone hard compared to in the winter- I would imagine every team in this League has had a player injured at some point in the past in a pre-season friendly on a rock hard bone dry pitch. 

The Berwick lad is good at winding people up. Please don’t try and ride on his coattails.
Could you at least acknowledge that he's also good at getting it spot on?
No, it doesn’t. I was at the ground 3 times this week helping out(including today), and I think you will find all my messages had a hint of doubt in them. It was very cold here, especially last night and our park is good for drainage but sits in a cold spot so no surprise for me it was called off.
meanwhile, you have been sitting in your bed sit, salivating over your keyboard at your big chance to show the pie and bovril world what a big, important man you are in world football. 
Well done, enjoy your moment. You must be so proud.
Good morning! You feeling any better yet, Al? I'm still enjoying the moment in pride. What a big, important man I am.

FAO BTU

I'd be more concerned about some of your squad laughing at your gaffer's inability to set up a decent training session. Also heard there was a fight between the Penicuik lads and some of the others this week at training.

The other week it was the directors and fans fighting now it's the players. Your club is in a bit of a state at the minute. 

Edited by CowdenPhil

58 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Could you at least acknowledge that he's also good at getting it spot on?Good morning! You feeling any better yet, Al? I'm still enjoying the moment in pride. What a big, important man I am.

The game being off doesn’t affect me at all. I just feel sorry for the board and all the hard work they had put in, along with others.

i also feel extremely disappointed for people like my mate Dave, who posts on here as Drifter. The 2 of them travelled by train  from Manchester for last nights game at great cost, and unlikely to make the rescheduled date. 

Its called perspective. 

If you support such a tinpot club then I guess you just accept things like this happening, but for most others like fans of Clyde and Berwick who do not accept - nay, revel in - mediocrity, this sort of stuff just wouldn't fly. That's why the pyramid is so critical for Scottish football, so that we can fill the senior leagues with clubs who actually wish to either contribute something meaningful in terms of competition or at the very least adhere to basic professional standards and be capable of getting their most important games on. Unfortunately, Cowdenbeath simply do not fit into either category.

If you support such a tinpot club then I guess you just accept things like this happening, but for most others like fans of Clyde and Berwick who do not accept - nay, revel in - mediocrity, this sort of stuff just wouldn't fly. That's why the pyramid is so critical for Scottish football, so that we can fill the senior leagues with clubs who actually wish to either contribute something meaningful in terms of competition or at the very least adhere to basic professional standards and be capable of getting their most important games on. Unfortunately, Cowdenbeath simply do not fit into either category.

Yawn

54 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Oops, missed with that one

52 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yawn

Is that the toil from putting down and lifting those pitch covers for literally no reason finally taking its toll? Hopefully you can get a wee sleep today.

8 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

I have always questioned Clyde's basic professional standards when they used to pick up shite players Robert Sawyers from Glasgae Pub football and especially when they gave Bazza Ferguson's the managers job, 

Let's just remember that Club 42 have managed to screw themselves out of at least £20k because they didn't have the professionalism (or knowledge?) required to defrost a fraction of their pitch, or at the very least cover it sufficiently.

Let's just remember that Club 42 have managed to screw themselves out of at least £20k because they didn't have the professionalism (or knowledge?) required to defrost a fraction of their pitch, or at the very least cover it sufficiently.

Figures out of thin air
The rest is hot air so we will book you for the rearranged game for defrost duty?

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Is that the toil from putting down and lifting those pitch covers for literally no reason finally taking its toll? Hopefully you can get a wee sleep today.

Clearly still hurting. Just think, if you had won, it would have been you playing Rangers yesterday:lol::lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Nope, still missing, need to improve your finishing

Let's not forget the basic professional standards of Clyde FC  which has seen them spunk out over 200k on players and managers to spend 8 seasons at the arse end of Scottish football.

Whilst Cowdenbeath have enjoyed winning championships and playing at a much higher level. 

No wonder these supporters of pub teams get their knickers in a twist over a frozen pitch when they've had shite to put up with. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Clearly still hurting. Just think, if you had won, it would have been you playing Rangers yesterday:lol::lol::lol:

Mercifully, my club doesn't live just for the odd plum tie against Rangers, so as much as losing any game of association football to Club 42 is an utter disgrace, I couldn't really care less. 

1 minute ago, CowdenPhil said:

Let's not forget the basic professional standards of Clyde FC  which has seen them spunk out over 200k on players and managers to spend 8 seasons at the arse end of Scottish football.

Whilst Cowdenbeath have enjoyed winning championships and playing at a much higher level. 

No wonder these supporters of pub teams get their knickers in a twist over a frozen pitch when they've had shite to put up with. 

A few seasons of your largely pointless history being spent at a higher level is obviously - and justifiably - a source of great pride for yourself and other Cowdenbeath fans, but it's not really relevant any more when you're now firmly established as Club 42. If you think Clyde have spent anywhere near £1.6m on players and staff in the last 8 years then it's clear to see why you might think this level of idiocy is forgivable.