Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Loving all the comments on here. The club did all they could to get the game on and it looks like a shite decision if it is just the one corner area that has called it off.

Nothing more the club could have done and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

Not criticising, but it always seems to be a few patches in the corner that are the issue. Maybe could have left some cover over these areas for longer.

Other than that, set a few of those tyres on fire. Job done.

Some pretty damning photos doing the rounds. Can someone who was actually there confirm that the pitch was absolutely fine, but that one corner was hard? If so, was it solid or very much playable?

Are we likely to say goodbye to the tv money or will it still be shown on the 30th?

Just now, Cowden loyal brethern said:

If it had been a league 2 game bet it would have went ahead !!!!

Think it would have been postponed earlier if it was. Always seems to be a few small patches of the pitch that are the problem.

9 minutes ago, PELE said:

Think it would have been postponed earlier if it was. Always seems to be a few small patches of the pitch that are the problem.

It looks such a small area too. Been in Perth all afternoon, walked across the North Inch. The ground was soft, no frozen bits that I could see.

Edited by Aberdeen Cowden
Typo

5 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It looks such a small area too. Been in Perth all afternoon, walked across the North Inch. The ground was soft, no frozen bits that I could see.

Pitch does look a lot better than I thought it would.

3 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I've been on the pitch 2 areas far corner High Street end & a strip parallel to 1he side of the 18 yard box where the payers warm up & grass thinner. The groundman cut the whole pitch  after the covers up and worked on the corner at the high street end. The strip at Chapel Street firm but softening under the weather conditions and benefiting from  falling sleet and rising temperature. With players warming up the firm areas would have  loosened unfortunately the referee did not give a further time option in my opinion had he done so the game would be getting ready for kick of now.

Quite a blow given all the efforts from everyone involved with the club with fans putting in a terrific shift I feel for those fans and those who made long journeys for a special occasion. A lot of energy  & input expended disappointing to see a referee make such an apparently arbitrary  decision.

Loving all the comments on here. The club did all they could to get the game on and it looks like a shite decision if it is just the one corner area that has called it off.

Nothing more the club could have done and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.
Remember when I warned you about this hours previous? The only reason you thick c***s are buying this is because you think there was no dialogue previously. My source (a Cowden board member, which should be obvious for anyone with common sense and proven by just how right I got this) tells me that it wasn't as much a discussion between the two clubs and the referee but the clubs and Premier Sports. As soon as it was agreed to host the game midweek on TV, the game was postponed.
What? You've literally just confirmed your idiocy.
Remember when I got it right and you got it absolutely wrong?
Some pretty damning photos doing the rounds. Can someone who was actually there confirm that the pitch was absolutely fine, but that one corner was hard? If so, was it solid or very much playable?

Are we likely to say goodbye to the tv money or will it still be shown on the 30th?
This sums up Cowdenbeath FC. Where you should be talking about the next chance, you're talking about the next windfall. You've been relegated two seasons in a row, and then topped that by finishing bottom of Scotland's worst league twice in a row. Think about the TV money all you want, all it does is show you up for the fucking pathetic smalltime club that you are. Just die FFS.
If it had been a league 2 game bet it would have went ahead !!!!
Hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahhahaga
Given the physical effort over a sustained period from so many people & the financial expenditure especially to and who have travelled, including Director Neil Fente from Singapore I would tend to disagree.
HahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahahjahahahahahahahahhahahahahahBUTWHATABOUTTHEPHYSICALEFFORThahahahahhaahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhah