Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

20 hours ago, PELE said:

Yeah. It's more than decent, but it's not a humongous amount.

My guess is we could make about £70 - £80k (TV money, our share of gate after costs, appearance money, etc). Not anything like what it would be if it was an away game.

It would be great if we could get that once every season.

Play for the draw n replay !!!

As much as I expect us to be turned over comprehensively against Rangers, the big thing we have in our favour is that we'll be set up exactly like we play in league games. It'll be a deep, 5 at the back without the ball formation and look to counter. It won't be an alien system, albeit the opposition will be vastly sharper and better than what we're used to. A 0-0 or 1-1 is the best I think we can hope for.

As much as I expect us to be turned over comprehensively against Rangers, the big thing we have in our favour is that we'll be set up exactly like we play in league games. It'll be a deep, 5 at the back without the ball formation and look to counter. It won't be an alien system, albeit the opposition will be vastly sharper and better than what we're used to. A 0-0 or 1-1 is the best I think we can hope for.

We’ve built up a bit of confidence. It’s a long time since we had any. I just want to get this game over with the confidence still intact. I expect to lose, hopefully not hammered.

2 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

I dreamt last night that the result is going to be 1-1. You heard it here first. Although. 6 bottles of Kenyan beer may have something to do with it. Oh btw in the dream Cowden scored first !

20/1 on Allan and 40/1 on Swann to score first. Prices changed slightly this afternoon. Deas now out to 150/1. 

I hope we don't resort to lumping the ball to Renton.

I would have Swann running at their defence.

Renton looked useful, again, in the highlights v Elgin. His sheer hard work creates things for us - he has to start to stop their defenders seeing too much of the ball without pressure. Although let’s me honest - we won’t see a lot of the ball. We have to make the game as shite as possible. Stuffy and in their face.

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Renton looked useful, again, in the highlights v Elgin. His sheer hard work creates things for us - he has to start to stop their defenders seeing too much of the ball without pressure. Although let’s me honest - we won’t see a lot of the ball. We have to make the game as shite as possible. Stuffy and in their face.

Hopefully we are all fit and can raise our game. No silly sendings off. Fingers crossed the cold weather doesn't scupper the game.

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Renton has a decent game v Elgin, especially first half.

as you say, we have to ruin the game as a spectacle to have any chance of the draw.

Great effort from everyone who turned up today to lay don the covers with half the pitch covered, the other half to be covered after training tonight, so anyone available  to help tonight would be equally appreciated

Also  assistance likely needed Friday to lift covers a much easier task exact time will be determined by weather but likely around mid day to let the groundsman prepare the pitch.

With Premiersports, is it possible to book just one game, or does one have to sign up for a season? Their website is a bit unclear.

You can pay monthly and cancel at anytime (5 days before payment date to stop the money being taken off) They are offering first month free so I reckon you can get the game for free if you so wish. £9.99 a month if you don’t cancel. It’s certainly worth a phone call

1 minute ago, onecowden said:

You can pay monthly and cancel at anytime (5 days before payment date to stop the money being taken off) They are offering first month free so I reckon you can get the game for free if you so wish. £9.99 a month if you don’t cancel. It’s certainly worth a phone call

I think it's only free if you have Sky or watch it online? It's not free with Virgin or BT.

25 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

I assume Cowden must be in quite the financial position at the moment? The TV money for Friday's game will surely be dwarfed by the endless revenue generated by Cowdenbeats®, surely?

More points than your mob, and that’s all that matters.

On 1/13/2019 at 14:55, CowdenLoyal said:

Every time Markus got the ball it was exciting. He was a total cut above anyone else in the 3rd division.

Greg definitely did it against better opposition though. Without doubt improved a lot with full time training too. I remember his first time in a Cowden shirt as a sub in the 2-1 game at Dunfermline. He barely looked like he could run. What a turnaround.

If that's the game I'm thinking off Mark McKenzie looked absolutely superb, he tired in the second half but he was outstanding in the first. 

Thing it was a big striker who scored for Cowdenbeath. Cowdenbeath fans were in the North East and ended up taking close to a thousand. 

If that's the game I'm thinking off Mark McKenzie looked absolutely superb, he tired in the second half but he was outstanding in the first. 

Thing it was a big striker who scored for Cowdenbeath. Cowdenbeath fans were in the North East and ended up taking close to a thousand. 
John Dempster was our goalscorer. Obviously Pars had better players but the fitness was the telling factor between the two sides that day.