Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Every time Markus got the ball it was exciting. He was a total cut above anyone else in the 3rd division.

Greg definitely did it against better opposition though. Without doubt improved a lot with full time training too. I remember his first time in a Cowden shirt as a sub in the 2-1 game at Dunfermline. He barely looked like he could run. What a turnaround.

Genuine questions

What do you think will happen to the monies from the cup match?

Will it be used to secure the club's future as much as possible? Does your club carry much debt?

Will it be used for to fund a few seasons in the League one sunshine? The Albion Rovers model.

Have your board commented on their intentions?

13 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Genuine questions

What do you think will happen to the monies from the cup match?

Will it be used to secure the club's future as much as possible? Does your club carry much debt?

Will it be used for to fund a few seasons in the League one sunshine? The Albion Rovers model.

Have your board commented on their intentions?

Is it really THAT much money once you deduct costs and Rangers have their half?

It's absolutely a welcome boost and much needed income but I don't think we should be getting carried away.

I think once the extra costs are deducted, we get about 60% of the balance and our share of the TV money. Also, the SFA hand out more money per round now, in return for lower TV money. It is a big boost financially, but not silly money. Our ground only holds just over 4k now. 

I think once the extra costs are deducted, we get about 60% of the balance and our share of the TV money. Also, the SFA hand out more money per round now, in return for lower TV money. It is a big boost financially, but not silly money. Our ground only holds just over 4k now. 
It's still decent money at our level.

15 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
2 hours ago, PELE said:

It’s not that much really. Tv money is only about 32 grand now. We don’t have a big capacity and half the ticket money goes to them. It takes the pressure off in the short term, and maybe allows an extra signing or 2 either now or in the summer, but not really anything more than that. 

Remember the directors put money in to fund signings so hopefully it means they can stop doing that.

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:
3 hours ago, PELE said:

Yeah. It's more than decent, but it's not a humongous amount.

My guess is we could make about £70 - £80k (TV money, our share of gate after costs, appearance money, etc). Not anything like what it would be if it was an away game.

It would be great if we could get that once every season.

13 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. It's more than decent, but it's not a humongous amount.

My guess is we could make about £70 - £80k (TV money, our share of gate after costs, appearance money, etc). Not anything like what it would be if it was an away game.

It would be great if we could get that once every season.

Think it’s about 70,  but it’s maybe not as clear as that. For example , at least some of the 20k(if not most ) for getting into this round would have been included in the original budget.

players possibly get a bonus for this game?

Our home game v Albion will now be rescheduled for this tie to be played. If it’s midweek there may be a smaller crowd than a Saturday. 100 less crowd loses us over a grand.

VAT on the gate receipts? (Don’t think there is on the tv money though.

just some examples.

Edited by big al