Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

12 hours ago, NELLY said:

Keep the young lad Allan if possible.

I thought Allan looked good on Saturday. The squad is looking really solid now. GB has been well backed by the board - with this squad we should be looking to put together a run that could take us close to challenging for a play-off place. Is that realistic? I'd like to see a fit Jordyn Sheerin in the side, but the word on the street is that he's carrying too much weight to be a first team pick - a pity, because on his day he's a real handful up top.

44 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

I thought Allan looked good on Saturday. The squad is looking really solid now. GB has been well backed by the board - with this squad we should be looking to put together a run that could take us close to challenging for a play-off place. Is that realistic? I'd like to see a fit Jordyn Sheerin in the side, but the word on the street is that he's carrying too much weight to be a first team pick - a pity, because on his day he's a real handful up top.

Sheerin can score. Sure, he should be fitter, but I think the extra weight helps his game. He is like the old Morton player, Andy Ritchie.

I Jordyn Sheerin in the side, but the word on the street is that he's carrying too much weight to be a first team pick

I was actually embarrassed for the club when he came off the bench at Forthbank a few weeks ago. The guy had an over hang and is making a mockery of football at this level by being in such shape

Andy Munro mentioned him in the Lower League Ramblings podcast before Christmas, saying he is known for hoovering up all the crap of the day, picking him up with bags worth of Greggs for the car journey to games.

I’m actually surprised that Bollan, The Cowdenbeath board and supporters aren’t putting the pressure on him to shed a few pounds, how can you be playing to your maximum when you are blown out your hoop 4 minutes after coming off the bench with 10 minutes to go?

I agree with the criticism of Sheerin.

i like a bit of individualism in football, not everyone has to be a perfect physical running machine,  BUT Sheerin does a burst then he’s blowing out his erse. It’s just not good enough, it’s not as if he’s exceptionally talented on the ball (think the wee creative player at Stranraer recently who was quality bit unfit) and his hold up play is just ok. He struggles against the better centre half’s in the league. It’s a shame as there’s a forward player in there.

45 minutes ago, big al said:

I agree with the criticism of Sheerin.

i like a bit of individualism in football, not everyone has to be a perfect physical running machine,  BUT Sheerin does a burst then he’s blowing out his erse. It’s just not good enough, it’s not as if he’s exceptionally talented on the ball (think the wee creative player at Stranraer recently who was quality bit unfit) and his hold up play is just ok. He struggles against the better centre half’s in the league. It’s a shame as there’s a forward player in there.

Sumo, Peter Lamont was never in great shape but still scored shed load of goals but then wee Bucks did all his running as well as his own !

Football has changed now, even in the last few years there’s been an explosion in sports science/nutrition and general fitness levels of footballers. I like Sheerin and don’t doubt his size is something that he uses to his advantage but not to the detriment of his mobility. Renton works hard and occupies defenders allowing Cox and Allan a bit more space. 

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Sumo, Peter Lamont was never in great shape but still scored shed load of goals but then wee Bucks did all his running as well as his own !

Sumo wasn't the fastest (I said fastest), but he was strong. I can still picture him getting his moobs out at Stenny years ago after some requests from the travelling support in the 'terracing'.

Bucks was like a Peter Beardsley type player (better looking of course).

48 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Football has changed now, even in the last few years there’s been an explosion in sports science/nutrition and general fitness levels of footballers. I like Sheerin and don’t doubt his size is something that he uses to his advantage but not to the detriment of his mobility. Renton works hard and occupies defenders allowing Cox and Allan a bit more space. 

I just wish Renton would be more effective at corners and free kicks. He should be using his size to terrorise defences. 

I like DC (had to watch how I typed that there), but he is not a front man for me. He should be playing behind the strikers. Allan looks the part. Have to wait and see how Henvey fairs, but sounds promising.

With the Club providing hospitality for the Rangers game on the 18th, I'm curious if there would be any demand for some form of hospitality package on an regular basis.

I’ve not seen anything about Hospitality for the Rangers game. Are there places left?

11 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Thanks for the reply. Disappointed I’ve missed out on this. I didn’t see it advertised anywhere.

I don't know myself what the advertising strategy was I guess my question remains beyond this game is there a demand for matchday hospitality on a more regular basis ?

If I’m honest I didn’t realise there wasn’t Alan, I haven’t really looked at that section of the website. Hospitality at lower league grounds is a great day out and you can always attract some random fans - I’ve been to Arbroath, Stenny and Montrose as well as Cowden. It’s definitely worth looking into - as long as the club wouldn’t lose money if there were no (or not enough) takers some weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

If I’m honest I didn’t realise there wasn’t Alan, I haven’t really looked at that section of the website. Hospitality at lower league grounds is a great day out and you can always attract some random fans - I’ve been to Arbroath, Stenny and Montrose as well as Cowden. It’s definitely worth looking into - as long as the club wouldn’t lose money if there were no (or not enough) takers some weeks. 

Cheers Muzz appreciate that mate and tend to agree similar experience. I'm speaking with a couple of people  who wasn't to help the club a7 working up some options, as you say no point on going down that road if no demand & end up costing the club.

18 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

I don't know myself what the advertising strategy was I guess my question remains beyond this game is there a demand for matchday hospitality on a more regular basis ?

i have been at hospitality once a season for a few seasons, but not last , with mostly the boys I go to the games with. Always a good day and I’m sure we would happily do it again each season. I thought it wasn’t an option at the moment to be honest.

my gut says the club  unlikely to get numbers every home game but surely could  for a few. 

7 minutes ago, big al said:
30 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

i have been at hospitality once a season for a few seasons, but not last , with mostly the boys I go to the games with. Always a good day and I’m sure we would happily do it again each season. I thought it wasn’t an option at the moment to be honest.

my gut says the club  unlikely to get numbers every home game but surely could  for a few. 

Thanks Ali appreciated mate have you now swapped the ray of Tenerife for the rain of Cowdenbeath ? if so hop you had a great time. My own view is certain games, I am trying to look at something a little different too to include player/management/board / local business engagement & a few other extras. At this point conversations & ideas on paper so feedback really appreciated.

Yeah I got a message from a friend of mine who is a rangers fan but in hospitality - bit gutted that I didnt see anything about hospitality - not sure if it was opened up to businesses prior to public knowledge I may be wrong so not starting a convo in regards to having a go at board or people who run it.

In regards to sheerin I notice he has joined a gym and doing early morning work every day now. Maybe been told by bollan??