Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:25, Blue Oktober said:

Anticipated to leave during the break  due to study commitments in an agreement that suits all parties details to follow …….

In other news another expected to come in ……………;-/

Welcome Matt Henvey rated young striker from Dundee scored against us pre season

2 hours ago, big al said:

Renton, Allan, Sheerin, Scott, Skelly and now this lad.

i take it Skelly going back to Montrose ? 

And sure Jordyn Allan was signed til January, does this mean he isn’t staying?

Josh Skelly has gone back

Jordan Allan's current deal expires next week

18 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Josh Skelly has gone back

Jordan Allan's current deal expires next week

Thanks. Didn’t rate Skelly enough to keep.

Is Allan’s deal likely to be extended or does this new signing signal that he’s moving on?

26 minutes ago, big al said:

& himThanks. Didn’t rate Skelly enough to keep.

Is Allan’s deal likely to be extended or does this new signing signal that he’s moving on?

In terms of Allan that is about  a  conversation between GB  & him ,my gut  feel is GB will try to retain him but lets wait & see. Th e signing of Henvey will not effect where we go with Allan IMHO as not mutually excusive.

Edited by Blue Oktober
spelling

Keep the young lad Allan if possible. Great energy and done more than enough to show he is worth getting signed up. Great worker for the team as well. More quality on the ball than say cox 2.

Skelly away back. Muirhead will likely remain out on loan with current club or a new club. Martin Scott for me can move on - done ok and good experience however we already have 2 strikers with very little mobility a 3rd is just a no go. Connelly should go out on loan once he is actually ok to play football. Obviously a really serious injury so have to be careful with him and where he goes if he does go out on loan. 

A feeling we may let go Joe go out on loan or away permanent.... which is sad for me as I love his style of play and when he had a run of games he was great e.g 5 goals 5 games for us before the shoulder injury. He aint a sub type player he has to start games and when on it he can be a really good league 2 striker. Great lad and tough as nails as well.

Gary Fraser defo starting to show he is better than when first with us. Match sharpness defo getting him there. 

Deas signed up means we have a great centre half pairing now with talbot and mullen. Solid back 5 with mcgurn. Swann doesnt get ahead of talbot for me but perhaps one place forward. I actually prefer him at left back coming on to the game with space rather than left mid where is more likely to be pressed and have little room to do what he does best.

anyhow squad is good in terms of numbers. Quality wise we aint a top 3 team but more than capable of pushing on for 4th but sadly cant see it. Will stick with my original prediction at start of season 6th place.

21 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Just seen a picture of your Jordyn Sheerin...can someone explain that signing ...is he good??

Sheerin is a good player. He may carry a bit timber, but it actually helps his game, as he can bustle his way through a defence. He is no slouch either, he can move when he needs to and he can finish.

He would start every game if I was the boss.

Should add, I hope he plays against Rangers. He will give their defence plenty of grief.

Edited by PELE

I would give the Sheerin, Allan and Henvey a go up at Elgin on Saturday, assuming Henvey is not cup tied.

Getting ahead of myself. I would play them all on Saturday with a view to them playing against Rangers.

Edited by PELE

38 minutes ago, PELE said:

I would give the Sheerin, Allan and Henvey a go up at Elgin on Saturday, assuming Henvey is not cup tied.

Getting ahead of myself. I would play them all on Saturday with a view to them playing against Rangers.

Dundee haven't played in the cup yet so Henvey will be ok.