Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

Don't think if I could tolerate half a day on the Megabus, there and back pal, before spending an evening within breathing distance of that lot lot... so train via Edinburgh it is... and another game to be squeezed in on the Saturday before heading back. Thinking Bo'ness against Dundonald Bluebell (I think), unless anyone has any better grounds or games I can head to the day after Cowden's cup shock?!

You will still be partying come Saturday afternoon, after we smash the Sevco.

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Thanks Andy, a mate from Eyemouth recommended Bo'Ness if I'm in the vicinity. He proposed watching 'the Moof' there, but as Cowden are laying at home around the same time, there's no way I'd be over the water for that whist the Blue Brazil are strutting their stuff. My other match would be Hibs-Elgin (going full circle on first Cowden match on the watch back from watching the Hibees and seeing Cowden finally win against 'the Cobblers'). And I noticed Hearts of Beath are at home, along with  a Fife derby with Raith and Dundermline in the Cup,  but considering the bag I'll be carrying will be mostly filled with Cowden related contents that's probably not the best plan,,,, so I reckon a trek into Bo'Ness and a classic old ground might be the one to keep me out of pubs fora couple of hours/shake off the previous day's hangover!

I can't see anyone at the game being caring to much about that matey, it'll be a cracking atmosphere, get yourself along. 

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

I know there's a game to be played before the post-Christmas clash, but as I'm bored, it's that time of year, and it's gone a bit quiet on here lately... Question time....

What's your best and worst memories from Boxing Day games played down the years?

I really enjoyed our 2-0 win over Stenny at Ochilview in 2011. Greg Stewart and Lewis Coult with the goals. 

The weather was awful that day. 

17 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I really enjoyed our 2-0 win over Stenny at Ochilview in 2011. Greg Stewart and Lewis Coult with the goals. 

The weather was awful that day. 

Coult celebrating by standing on the wall on the terracing was brilliant.

That game was only the 2nd time we've won a match on Boxing Day so imagine it'll be a popular answer here. Our only other win a 2-1 win over Berwick in 1989!

30 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Coult was an utter nutjob who was adored by the supporters. Perhaps we seen the best of him - he wasn't the most gifted player but fit in well at us, plus he never gave any less than 100%.

How could you not love him?  I normally do a Cowden advent calendar on here but forgot about it totally this year!  This can be day 1....

Day 2 - Greg Stewart with the only goal of the game as we defeated Partick at Firhill

Spoiler

Day 3 - An absolute trouncing of Airdrie

Spoiler

Day 4 - Not a win but the last minute goal from Hemmings will never be forgotten by those who were there!

Spoiler

Day 5 - Chopper & Hemmings score braces 

Spoiler

Edited by The Minertaur

Day 6 - Colin Nish scores a hat trick as we defeat Raith Rovers at Starks Park!

Spoiler

Day 7 - A comfortable win over Dundee at Dens Park. 

Spoiler

Day 8 - play off win over Ayr with an early early early goal

Spoiler

My Dads first game after his heart attack and induced coma.  He's told to be calm and basically just sit and watch the match.  10 seconds in and Greg Stewart has us ahead and he's running about like a numpty down the front of the stand :lol: You can hear me repeatedly shouting "YES YES YES" when he scores as it had been a rather emotional week!

Day 9 - We can all agree that this is one of the best moments we've had supporting Cowden.  3-0 down with 13 minutes to go.....win 4-3!

Spoiler

Day 10 - a thrilling 3-2 win over Airdrie

Spoiler

8 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Coult celebrating by standing on the wall on the terracing was brilliant.

That game was only the 2nd time we've won a match on Boxing Day so imagine it'll be a popular answer here. Our only other win a 2-1 win over Berwick in 1989!

I thought we won 1-0 at Stenny  many moons ago with Roddy Grant scoring our winner?

Any word on cup tickets CC?

Edit to add some fantastic games Minetaur

Edited by vince sinclair

...Now if Santa exists then I think he lives in Fife as the spirit of Christmas is well and truly alive in your town because, in the past couple of weeks, I've received a couple of surprise parcels sent from Cowdenbeath (though old Kris K must be catching up with the times as he's using the postal service to ease his workload)...

Anyway, after the Albion Rovers away game a couple of people on here were thanking me for the support I'd given your team over the last nine or 10 months. My response being that I don't need thanking as it's cracking day out in good company, but I was after a few old tops if possible, and especially a match worn one from my first season, last season.

A couple of fans got back to me and just a few days later, thanks to the wonderful Cowden TID on here, I received a couple of replica tops (including a stunning red n white retro one), along with the as-always much-needed jacket and hat. A superb gesture and so very much appreciated towards the end of a crap year.

Then Blue Oktober off this forum also got in touch and said he's see what he could do with regards a top. Having had a word with the kitman, this morning I was awoken by the postie with another parcel and a return address of Central Park on it.

Like a kid at Christmas, I wondered what special surprise would be inside the packaging and upon opening it and seeing a blue shirt, then the Cowden badge and Uhlsport logo, along with the league patches on the sleeves and a number 14 on the back, Christmas had definitely arrived early as I held that much sought-after shirt from last season.... and the memories of first Elgin game I attended on that freezing March afternoon, and then Cove on a gloriously sunny day in Fife at the end of the season came flooding back. And not only did the parcel contain that now cherished top, I also received a copy of Ron''s Helicopter Dreams, a few old programmes dating back to 1970.... and a packet of Haribo Cola Bottles!

Wow! What a club, what fantastic people you have involved at Cowdenbeath and may I say on here a huge thank you to Cowden TID, Blue Oktober, the Coos kitman and whoever sent out today's superb surprise for making me believe once more that, even if Santa doesn't exist, there's some bloody good people out there.

And such gestures can only reaffirm the fact that you've probably got a fan for life now (so thanks also for that future suffering, and the good times, I'm yet to await!)

Have a great Christmas everyone, thanks to Minertaur also for sharing those videos as it's kept me occupied today now my work for the year is done, and I can't wait to get back up for the Cup game next month and hopefully meet many more great Cowden people.

18 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Interesting to see rangers have announced a friendly against helsinki on the Sunday after they play us on the Friday. Will they play a weak team on the friday hopefully

No, they will play a strong team, us!