Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Can we all stop this optimism before Saturdays match? It doesn't sit easy with me seeing Cowden fans confident before playing the bottom of the league team :lol: 

I'm also hoping to maintain an unbeaten record watching Cowden in the league away from home on Saturday, or even concede a goal for that matter. Don't think many will be able to say that who watch the team on the road! Albeit I've only done two league aways so far. Think I should get the match ball if I can make it three on the spin!

10 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

Anyone at this game ?IMG_8032.jpg

7 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

No it wis Aff!

If I remember correctly, the weather was ok, just wet, but not soaking. I was gutted when it was off.

As well as chatting with the managers following Tuesday night's match, I also managed to grab a word with two of your best performers, IMO, from the Queen's Park match, post-match, too. 

I spoke with: 

Robbie Deas

Jason Talbot

That was the first time I've saw Robbie play and I thought he was absolutely excellent. Solid as a rock and a mature performance for his age and experience. 

I know all about Jason and what qualities he possesses. Has he been as good as expected since joining? I'm still surprised a League One side didn't come in for him, but, that's to your gain. 

2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

As well as chatting with the managers following Tuesday night's match, I also managed to grab a word with two of your best performers, IMO, from the Queen's Park match, post-match, too. 

I spoke with: 

Robbie Deas

Jason Talbot

That was the first time I've saw Robbie play and I thought he was absolutely excellent. Solid as a rock and a mature performance for his age and experience. 

I know all about Jason and what qualities he possesses. Has he been as good as expected since joining? I'm still surprised a League One side didn't come in for him, but, that's to your gain. 

Enjoyed listening to those. Deas seems to be a very level headed young man. Glad to hear he wants to tie something up with Cowden, if possible, after the new year.

Edited by ronaldincoo

3 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I spoke with: 

Robbie Deas

Jason Talbot

If Deas wants to stay on for the season that’s brilliant news.

Jason Talbot was strangely on the bench for a while but now Bollan is finely getting a more balanced team on the pitch he can be a good player for us. 

Not much wrong with our back 4 and keeper anyway.

Had a good chat with Robbie on the bus back from Annan very grounded young man  who is absolutely loving his time at Cowdenbeath.  he is a player we will likely try and video interview @Cowden_T.I.D. If something is possible for the rest of the season to retain him IMHO a real boost fingers crossed.

25 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Had a good chat with Robbie on the bus back from Annan very grounded young man  who is absolutely loving his time at Cowdenbeath.  he is a player we will likely try and video interview @Cowden_T.I.D. If something is possible for the rest of the season to retain him IMHO a real boost fingers crossed.

Cowden should "break the bank" to keep Deas. Apart from the time Bollan played him at LB he's been brilliant and the main reason why we've picked up so many points recently.

Best CH since Chopper was at his best.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden should "break the bank" to keep Deas. Apart from the time Bollan played him at LB he's been brilliant and the main reason why we've picked up so many points recently.

Thanks AC I don't think it will be about breaking the bank but know what you mean & in terms of calibre agree.

20 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That is high praise indeed.

Although the level of football might not be up to tiki taka standards just yet, I've got to think back to pre-season when I asked the question on here what Cowden fans' hopes were for the season. The unanimous response seemed to be a relatively boring season mid-table security, without any fear of the relegation play-off once again.

Now looking at the table 15 games in, with the recent run of form, and being just a win away from the play-off places and with a positive goal difference, I think it's safe to say that this season's been so far so good. Especially when you look back to where the side was sitting in the table at this stage over the past two seasons, and being 14 points clear of bottom spot already (instead of 14 points off second-bottom!) then there's certainly room for some hushed confidence at Central Park these days.

The goalkeeper and defence is now looking solid, it was pleasing to see that after going a goal behind to Clyde yesterday that heads didn't drop and a second-half equaliser followed instead of a late collapse, and there does seem to be a general idea of how to approach games now, from what I've seen in recent weeks. Just a couple of new additions and fine tuning over the new year period - along with a hopefully resurgent Jordyn Shherin - if the team finishes in a similar position to where they are now, it's got to be seen as a successful season. And I don't see any reason why they can't remain around the periphery of the play-offs and even if they fall short, it can surely only act as a catalyst to an even better season next time around.

Keep the faith, Cowden, and keep beleiiving!