Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

8 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I would like a hospitality day as well. Hopefully the club can get this going. Great Draw. Well happy.

8 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I would like a hospitality day as well. Hopefully the club can get this going. Great Draw. Well happy.

Look at page 56 of the updated Black Diamonds...

20 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

1949. just picked up book to see what you meant by this. 

At Ibrox as well.

Anyone know if at all last time Cowdenbeath beat Rangers at Central Park? 

Edited by Cowden316

1 minute ago, Cowden316 said:

At Ibrox as well.

Off the top of my head I think it was 1927 but I would have to check. Due a win against them^_^

Not a tie I would get over excited about as I can't really be arsed about the Old Firm but a good one financially for the club. 

21 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Indeed to replicate the achievements chronicled in the "good book" would be both welcome & miraculous & probably wouldn't do the core sponsors business  a lot of good if many of the local disciples were to follow their faith via a cash speculation  ^_^

15 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

He had another really good save near the end. If Brora had had a decent striker they would have won with goals to spare. Big support to come all that way too.

Suppose it shows the difference between L2 and the HL Brora have scored 77 goals in the league and cup this season so their strikers are decent at that level.

29 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Well done Cowden with win today , braw payday in the bank to look forward to and you just never know !!! can remember being at central over 35 yr ago watching you against Rangers think it was 2- 0 gers place was heaving 

Remember that 1984 Skol Cup held out for 65 minutes lost 3-1. Drew 0-0 on their last visit.

5bf9ccff52188_BryanG.thumb.jpg.0c21e11bc22d42d46db93af1525a063b.jpg

56 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There wasn't much in the game - Didn't really feel that Brora would score as defence was solid. We don't really leak goals and we now win games that we would once have lost - good progress

Are you sober this evening, Cowboy? 

The team has improved on the park, and the team spirit is evident for all to see.  This is not a side that capitulates easily. There's a   big payday ahead. Imaginative stuff is happening  behind the scenes - and the players will be busting a gut to play against Rangers. Even if we lose, we win. That's quite a turnaround by any standards. After what we've endured in recent times, we should enjoy this while way may. Donald will enjoy this - and he deserves it.  And remember Mr Gilfillan with his crutches -  exhibiting the spirit of Cowden

Donald F.jpg

3 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

At Ibrox as well.

Last time rangers were at Central was my 40 th birthday. I had booked out the hospitality suite and we held them to a 0-0 draw.

i got a programme signed by Donald and was presented a strip by Donald with my name and number 40 on back and signed by the whole team that day.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

He had another really good save near the end. If Brora had had a decent striker they would have won with goals to spare. Big support to come all that way too.

McGurn will always be a legend at Stark's, McKinnon never should have let him go!!

Really pleased for you guys drawing Rangers, should fill the coffers nicely.

Onwards and upwards, guys!!

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Off the top of my head I think it was 1927 but I would have to check. Due a win against them^_^

Not a tie I would get over excited about as I can't really be arsed about the Old Firm but a good one financially for the club. 

you b*****ds annoyed them then because the next season they scudded the newly formed Edinburgh City at Ibrox about 11-0 or something! :lol: