Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

12 minutes ago, big al said:

To be fair there must have been 8 changes I reckon from saturdays starting team.

Swann and Fraser were the only starters from the side which beat Annan. Also had 15 year old Kyle Sneddon and 18 year old Harris Kay both playing for the 1st hour.

Edited by cowdenbeath

38 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Swann and Fraser were the only starters from the side which beat Annan. Also had 15 year old Kyle Sneddon and 18 year old Harris Kay both playing for the 1st hour.

Yeah I used to play football with Harris’ dad, who was down watching along with his mum. He didn’t really seem to get into the game.

if the young right back is only 15 that explains a lot, and also fair play to him getting in the team at that age!

41 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yeah I used to play football with Harris’ dad, who was down watching along with his mum. He didn’t really seem to get into the game.

if the young right back is only 15 that explains a lot, and also fair play to him getting in the team at that age!

17 hours ago, big al said:

Kyle is better in midfield. Seems to be a common theme in this country now, moving creative players into defence simply because they don't panic under pressure as much as others.

On 11/14/2018 at 20:57, Blue Oktober said:

Muzz good idea I'll look into.

The main issue I see is the range of phone cases versus volume given the range of phones people use android, Samsung specific iPhone 5,6.7.8. including plus versions.

The beauty of the  power banks is it fits all versions  so scalable to mange quantity & price and has a  2 year warranty.

Keep the suggestions coming mate will look at them all from a feasibility point.

Again appreciated 

Going back to phone cases seen on Edinburgh City twitter that they have some deal going regarding these.

Thanks Andy had a look as I suspected its an individual purchase deal where fans order direct from the company Nostalgia Case  on  one off basis cost circa £16 per case . Not sure if Edinburgh City get a turn or not , but I'll look into it. Many thanks

22 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Thanks Andy had a look as I suspected its an individual purchase deal where fans order direct from the company Nostalgia Case  on  one off basis cost circa £16 per case . Not sure if Edinburgh City get a turn or not , but I'll look into it. Many thanks

Aye I never looked into the finer details you would think they would get a percentage.

11 hours ago, Drifter said:

Random question time. I know that Cowden fans adopted the song Una Paloma Blanca many years ago, but I was wondering if there's any words to the Cowden number and, if so, could you please enlighten me...

Oh when the sun shines on the cow shed,

and the ball goes in the net,

You will hear the Cowden boot boys, 

Going off their f*****g heads. 

Goes back to the days when there was a ramshackle tin roofed shelter at the far end of the ground and the Cowden fans weren't the Angels they are today.

I remember some years ago a group of fans wanted to raise money to resurrect the cow shed but their efforts obviously came to nothing. I remember watching us standing in the Cow shed to stay out of the rain with my old man back in the days when the likes of Billy Steele was in the team. Happy days. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dean Brett on our midfielders podcast, giving a good interview about his career and the betting.

It's called Lower League Ramblings

That podcast is not good (I don't mean Brett's appearance specifically I mean the format of it etc). Could be good but needs some work.

Who is the second guy presenting? He just felt completely unnecessary - granted I have up after 5 minutes as it was too painful.

That podcast is not good (I don't mean Brett's appearance specifically I mean the format of it etc). Could be good but needs some work.
Who is the second guy presenting? He just felt completely unnecessary - granted I have up after 5 minutes as it was too painful.

Andy Munro.

Found it strange at first but think all 3 have been very good considering it's just started by people who are not professionals. Depends what you listen to I suppose, I don't just listen to the mainstream ones so maybe more used to it.

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Andy Munro.

Found it strange at first but think all 3 have been very good considering it's just started by people who are not professionals. Depends what you listen to I suppose, I don't just listen to the mainstream ones so maybe more used to it.

I most certainly don't listen to mainstream ones. I have no real interest in football out with Scotland so only listen to ones accordingly.