Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

I speculated that Elgin fans bricked the windows in retaliation for Bollan outranking the referee and calling the game off despite the pitch only needing 10 mins work to make it playable (as one home fan quoted me in the club this afternoon)

5 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

I speculated that Elgin fans bricked the windows in retaliation for Bollan outranking the referee and calling the game off despite the pitch only needing 10 mins work to make it playable (as one home fan quoted me in the club this afternoon)

Looking at the picture of the pitch on the Northern Scot website it looks like Brighton beach:lol:

Good call by myself not going eventually went over to the Civil Service Strollers game which they won 9-0 against Wigton & Bladnoch with Cammy scoring.

There can be no reason why this game cannot be played during the international break. Gravelgate is now history and some common sense is called for. I’m sure it would suit both clubs to get this game on ASAP. There is a perfectly easy solution. Play the game on the 8th of September.

50 minutes ago, onecowden said:

There can be no reason why this game cannot be played during the international break. Gravelgate is now history and some common sense is called for. I’m sure it would suit both clubs to get this game on ASAP. There is a perfectly easy solution. Play the game on the 8th of September.

I'd rather wait until Sheerin is back from international duty. 

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

According to a friend who is involved with a junior club, he can’t understand how gravel is present on the pitch.  Apparently proper pitch grade sand has no gravel in it but is quite expensive. Elgin cutting corners on pitch preparation ?

The fact that Elgin thought it was OK to play on top of that stuff should be the most worrying thing.

36 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Hampden next week guys. Wear your slippers, enjoy a pint and put this misery behind you.

Are you even trying to take our misery away from us? This is an outrage! Next thing is you'll be putting gravel on the Hampden pitch.

On my last visit to Central Park I had a look around the club shop hoping to buy a woolly hat for the impending cold days ahead, but the chap in the shop said there wasn't any available.

So, with the fact I've designed a number of hats in the past, I've knocked a couple of sketches together for possible future bobbles and was wondering if they'd be of interest to fans/the club/100 Club? A friend in Poland produces them and they are far superior in quality (and essentially thickness) to anything we find over here.

One hat is a nod to the Blue Brazil nickname whilst the other is a tribute to the 1969-70 promotion winning team and kit. Let me know what you think...

Cowden 1970 Miners hat promotion.jpg

cowden blue brazil hat.jpg

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Drifter fast becoming one of my favourite posters on here.  Love the blue and white hat.  

Can just see the look of embarrassment on my wives face when we go shopping and I pull that out my pocket!

Quality as ever, Drifter. Great to catch up with you at Central Park (despite the defeat)

Stuart, how many wives do you have?

15 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Quality as ever, Drifter. Great to catch up with you at Central Park (despite the defeat)

Stuart, how many wives do you have?

And you Ron,  it was a pleasure to finally meet you, and your son... though you're definitely getting part of the blame for my recently discovered Mad Cowden Disease!