Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Our strongest team to me right now is this.

Mcgurn

talbot/gillfilan/pyper/mullen

malcolm/miller/smith/buchanan

scott and sheerin

cox and renton big parts to play from the bench. We badly need another central midfield player. Marsh even though he is captain wouldnt make my team right now. Its between him and gilly for the position beside pyper.

For the first 45 minutes on Tuesday night I thought Cowden played some superb football, using both flanks and Sheerin looked like an unstoppable beat rampaging around the area. A joy to behold. But then it seems you've been struck by the same curse as my club FC United this season in the fact you can't turn up for more than one half of football. The capitulation in the second half was subsequently a bit difficult to take knowing how well Cowden performed in the first 45 and you certainly need some work doing on defending set pieces! It was just so frustrating seeing what the side was capable of in the first period compared to what followed (and the fact it cost me my train fare in potential winnings!)

A few positives for me, though, from my first game under the Central Park lights, including adding another programme to the collection, enjoying a good chat with Andy the editor, doing the Club 100 draw (number 43 - I think - you can get us a pint next time!), meeting Ron and Stephen Ferguson for the first time, seeing some now familiar faces and having a quick chat and my first taste of the Central Park meat pie and lentil soup, which I thought for football ground scran were very nice indeed. Will definitely be giving myself heartburn again in future for the privilege of a Cowden meat pie!

So that's me for another month of matches, hoping to return on my birthday in mid-September for the Peterhead game with a few others this time, and hoping things can improve on the pitch before my next match. Play like you did for the first 45 against East Fife for the entire match on Saturday, and kick on from there.

C'MON THE COWDEN!

7 hours ago, NELLY said:

Our strongest team to me right now is this.

Mcgurn

talbot/gillfilan/pyper/mullen

malcolm/miller/smith/buchanan

scott and sheerin

cox and renton big parts to play from the bench. We badly need another central midfield player. Marsh even though he is captain wouldnt make my team right now. Its between him and gilly for the position beside pyper.

Hope Pyper keeps his hands in his pockets if he’s playing on Saturday. I’d play Gilfillan though and just hope Talbot is fit.

Haven’t seen Scott do much but we do need at least one more midfielder maybe two.

This has to be sorted out soon. At least we’ve still got Sheerin and he’s always likely to score.

I've attached a few pictures from Tuesday's game. I was thinking recently that there's not enough colour on these pages and, possibly, to help keep those of us who can't make it to as many games as we'd like in the loop, could fans attending future games maybe post some pics from the match to help give us absent followers a sense of what it's like being at the ground. Just a thought and would be nice to build up  library of fan pictures over a season...

IMG-20180814-02976.jpg

IMG-20180814-02977.jpg

IMG-20180814-02978.jpg

Edited by Drifter

35 minutes ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Just seen this player shirt on ebay from 91-93. Anyone remember who the regular no.6 was in those 2 seasons?

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

Ah you bugger, I've put a bid in on that beauty and was hoping it would escape people's attention on here!