Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

9 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Start with the positives: GB has massively improved the team's fitness, strength, organisation and morale.  We are no longer a side that can be bullied - some performances last season were pathetic.  Annan weren't a better team than us on Saturday - we gifted them a goal from a set piece, though, and that must be addressed. When we played the ball on the deck we looked good - the move  that  got Sherin's goal was a classic, with a superb cross from Brad Smith. In fact Smith was running past the Annan right back at will. We didn't exploit that obvious weakness though, playing more hoofball as the game went on.  We need a combination of strength and football on the deck. It's early days, but if the management team can get that sorted we won't have to endure the torture of a third relegation [play off.

I thought Annan were much better than us first half. After they scored their second they went back into their defensive shell which they’ve done before at CP. Smith was very good at times playing against two defenders but still coming away with the ball. Unfortunately he couldn’t find anyone with the final pass  apart from Sheerin when he scored and again with a header than just missed. 

If only we could play like we did against the Rovers every week.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I thought Annan were much better than us first half. After they scored their second they went back into their defensive shell which they’ve done before at CP. Smith was very good at times playing against two defenders but still coming away with the ball. Unfortunately he couldn’t find anyone with the final pass  apart from Sheerin when he scored and again with a header than just missed. 

If only we could play like we did against the Rovers every week.

I like Smith, he has obvious talents. However still not enough end product. Set up the goal well on saturday, but has to do this regularly.

Didn't want to jinx it, but they were due  a win against us.

See most of the glorious premier league colts teams are out at the first time of asking yet again. Only Motherwell winning against non colts opposition, beating Lowland League East Stirlingshire.

We are very close to being in huge trouble.  Saturday is a must win. This may sound daft but should we lose, the confidence will be even worse and where will the wins come from?

we are a hard watch. As Lawro said to me tonight, nowhere near enough constructive football gets played. 

I’m glad I’m at a wedding on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, PELE said:

Didn't want to jinx it, but they were due  a win against us.

See most of the glorious premier league colts teams are out at the first time of asking yet again. Only Motherwell winning against non colts opposition, beating Lowland League East Stirlingshire.

No really Accies skelped Clyde 4-1 lol

5 minutes ago, big al said:

We are very close to being in huge trouble.  Saturday is a must win. This may sound daft but should we lose, the confidence will be even worse and where will the wins come from?

we are a hard watch. As Lawro said to me tonight, nowhere near enough constructive football gets played. 

I’m glad I’m at a wedding on Saturday.

Where did the lad Reilly go who was with Cowden last year ?

Just now, gogsy said:

He played a few preseason games for Kelty, right back mainly and looked a decent player every time he played. Surprised I haven't seen news of him signing for anyone.

Was usually further up top with Cowden although think he was a fullback but agree always looked good player 

After such a positive league Cup campaign, I am now left feeling a bit deflated which going by the last few games and past 3 seasons looks like another serious case of dejavu. 

This evenings game should have been wrapped up at half time if Cox had put his clean through on goal chance in the net. 

For the second half it looked like we would see the  game out until an absolute howler from our keeper which for him would have been a confidence killer and then unfortunately we lost another two goals from a corner. 

The team and Bollan must arrest and nip this in the bud very quickly of giving away such cheap goals as it takes away the fantastic work rate and effort from the likes of Sheerin. 

We can't afford to give away such silly goals and must look to convert our chances otherwise we will be looking at the wrong end of the table this season again. 

Vital 3 points this Saturday and Gary and the team will know that. Nothing less and will give the team a confidence boost and something to build on but there are definitely some areas to improve on. Still though if this team can settle and not giveaway silly goals then they are capable of doing a good job over the course of the season. 

I would be asking Ben reilly back to give us that bit of pace 

With all that being said the league campaign is our priority and I'm sure Bollan can with the team learn some valuable lessons from tonights game and our dissapointing start to the league whilst working hard to get the team to winning ways for the season ahead. 

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Where did the lad Reilly go who was with Cowden last year ?

Still don't know why we let him go. He wasn't given a decent chance. He was rapid and caused all sorts of problems when on. Not a defender though. He was better attacking and we played him further forward.  Too many decent front players get pushed into defensive roles.

Edited by PELE

57 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

After such a positive league Cup campaign, I am now left feeling a bit deflated which going by the last few games and past 3 seasons looks like another serious case of dejavu. 

This evenings game should have been wrapped up at half time if Cox had put his clean through on goal chance in the net. 

For the second half it looked like we would see the  game out until an absolute howler from our keeper which for him would have been a confidence killer and then unfortunately we lost another two goals from a corner. 

The team and Bollan must arrest and nip this in the bud very quickly of giving away such cheap goals as it takes away the fantastic work rate and effort from the likes of Sheerin. 

We can't afford to give away such silly goals and must look to convert our chances otherwise we will be looking at the wrong end of the table this season again. 

Vital 3 points this Saturday and Gary and the team will know that. Nothing less and will give the team a confidence boost and something to build on but there are definitely some areas to improve on. Still though if this team can settle and not giveaway silly goals then they are capable of doing a good job over the course of the season. 

I would be asking Ben reilly back to give us that bit of pace 

With all that being said the league campaign is our priority and I'm sure Bollan can with the team learn some valuable lessons from tonights game and our dissapointing start to the league whilst working hard to get the team to winning ways for the season ahead. 

Cox is far too wasteful. He should be on the bench.

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

No really Accies skelped Clyde 4-1 lol

I haven’t seen their line up but last year Clyde played their under 20s in this competition while the first team trained at the same time.

Amazed the ‘solution’ to our problems is more players that played last year. Al is spot on when he said how big Saturday is. 

Utterly delighted with how Jordyn has started the season.  Can't actually remember the last time we had 1 player score basically all of our goals. Heck the only goal not scored by him this season was Cox v Cove when he scored the rebound from Sheerin's shot! 

As per usual with us though we've got very little in midfield.  

Sheerin has been the bright spot in what has been so far a poor opening 3 games. The league cup campaign inspired confidence which is draining sadly. Our inability to defend well is costing us.I cant fault the players effort they buzzed about last night and put in a shift and have done so all season so far. First half I thought we were excellent to be honest and if a goalkeeping error hadnt occurred when it did  I still think we would have won the game. The balance and confidence drained from us from that 1 mistake.

We have good legs in the middle of the pitch but little ability to dictate the pace of we want the game to go. Harvey swann had a shocker unfortunately - scott looked good when he came on.

Gonna be contraversial and say get gilfillan and pyper back together at heart of defence. Even though marsh has done ok the last 2 games he hasnt defended good enough. Scullion was a red card and did well last night apart from that.  Pyper gives us pace at the back that the other centre halfs dont give us and its essential.

Massive game Saturday in terms of getting a good positive result. ALL about the result and not the performance id settle for us being crap for 90 minutes instead of good for 45 mins/60 mins.

Another defeat would see confidence drop even further. I am confident the players can turn it around.

So some improvement but still in Xmas gift goals!!! Sheerin reminds me of  John gemmell up front back to opponents goal laying of ball!! Robbie Buchanan gets in some good positions but never seems to accomplish much???  Keeper dire !!! . Need some confidence  Blair better in middle than in defence long season ?????? Hope not Mon the beath

Well Drifter, that 9/2 looked good for a while still we pressed the self destruct button.Sheerin is going to get fed up knocking his pan in every week, only to see goals being gifted at the other end. Hopefully a full strength side will get us back on the rails I wonder if Scott might be worth a try in midfield.