Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Why does Swann not play ? And Cowden pretty one dimensional there to scrap and fight but lacking a bit of pace maybe 

Bizarre why he does not play. Looked like he might have been snapped up during the summer, but he stayed and now doesn't even get on.

42 minutes ago, PELE said:

Bizarre why he does not play. Looked like he might have been snapped up during the summer, but he stayed and now doesn't even get on.

Looks like manager wants people to scrap etc but team looks short on pace and quality better hope Albion rovers don't get there act together 

Right, time to get this thread back to the top of the page, and try and reinject a bit of positivity if we can (whilst we still can).

So it's East Fife tomorrow in the Fizzy Pop Cup and as I'm still in my infancy following Cowden since last March, I'll be back tomorrow night for my third Central Park trip in less than six months. Having been to Hearts a few weeks ago, it was difficult to gauge where the team's at, so I'm looking forward to my return north (another 9.27am train from Warrington, via Edinburgh which will more than likely see a slightly tipsy me rocking up at Cowdenbeath Station some six or seven hours later!)... despite the last two league results.

Tomorrow will be my first midweek game under the Central Park lights (I've always preferred midweekers to a Saturday match - just something about floodlit football that still gets me!), and also my first Fife derby... so hoping the boys can raise their game from the first couple of matches for this one, and hopefully use the derby to kickstart the league campaign.

I'll probably be the only fool heading to Edinburgh but giving the festival a swerve in favour of a Cowden match and the salubrious surroundings of Central Park, and along with a positive result for The Miners, I'm just hoping I can get a programme in time before they sell out!

See you tomorrow fellas, and C'mon the Cowden!

On 11/08/2018 at 21:14, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That was just awful. Reminded me of the first half of the home playoff game against Cove.

I really felt for Sheerin, hoofball again. Still can’t defend set pieces.

Losing interest and that was the first home game!

Sounds exactly like us.

This is shaping up to be a cracker.

Can we expect a decent crowd at this game, with a good number of away fans? And is Bolan likely to play his strongest team available (if there is such a thing at the moment) or experiment a bit with this being a cup match. And likewise for the East Fife line-up?

Finally, as I've just noticed Cowden are around 9/2 for a win on one site,  despite East Fife's start to the season, some score predictions please...

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Can we expect a decent crowd at this game, with a good number of away fans? And is Bolan likely to play his strongest team available (if there is such a thing at the moment) or experiment a bit with this being a cup match. And likewise for the East Fife line-up?

Finally, as I've just noticed Cowden are around 9/2 for a win on one site,  despite East Fife's start to the season, some score predictions please...

Hi mate. 9/2 is a good price. They have started badly and haven’t beaten us in a long time.

Would hope we play a strong team, we could do with a cup run. 

Text me what pub you are in and will come in for 1 before the game. Wee jimmies or diamonds are the best 2. 

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, big al said:

Hi mate. 9/2 is a good price. They have started badly and haven’t beaten us in a long time.

Would hope we play a strong team, we could do with a cup run. 

Text me what pub you are in and will come in for 1 before the game. Wee jimmies or diamonds are the best 2. 

Just had a wee bet, hoping to cover my train costs, and aiming for Wee Jimmies to maintain the tradition of my previous two home games (and results). I'll give you a shout when I land.

Before I sign off for the night, and I'll have no internet access tomorrow after I leave in the morning... but if anyone from the club (or who is associated with the programme) reads this, I was wondering if you have any back issues of the programme knocking about as I'd like to buy a few off you to educate myself further on the Cowden cause and history of the town, area and club. I'm building up a bit of a random library of games I've attended and mags I've picked up off the internet, and I've passed a few old copies on to friends who love them just as much as me and will hopefully accompany me on future trips.

If there are a few old copies knocking about and taking up space that I could take off your hands (as I say, I'll be happy to buy a few copies and also have a few MUFC nostalgia magazines I produce as swaps), I'll be wearing a green and yellow Errea jacket with a stitched-on Cowden badge (just like the early 80s and kits off the market - cheers mam for the sewing!) so shouldn't be hard to miss... Especially as I'll also be the fella screamin, in a Mancunian accent, for Cowden to win me train fare back through my bet!

Or you'll find me in Wee Jimmies pre-match. Cheers, Dave.

7 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

The history page on the club website is really good :

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=19

Cheers pal.

After visiting for the first time earlier this year, I've had a read of that, with some good old archived bits from the sadly long-gone fanzine, along with Ron's two magnificent  books, as well as the wonderful if heartbreaking Chicago Tumbles book about the town's mining heritage and subsequent demise. But with Cowdenbeath having a bit of a, shall we say, niche market and clientele, I'm finding that the only truly fascinating pieces of history I'm now unearthing come from the club's programme. Which in itself is a wonderful testament to a proud club and something certainly to be proud of, even when your team might be crap!

Anyway, without wanting to ramble, I'm enjoying the education thus far and can't wait for it to continue through further travels

Edited by Drifter

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Game tonight. Would be good to give a couple fringe players a chance. Would start scullion and start swann.

Renton needs game time as doesnt look as sharp as he should so I would start him. 

Start with the positives: GB has massively improved the team's fitness, strength, organisation and morale.  We are no longer a side that can be bullied - some performances last season were pathetic.  Annan weren't a better team than us on Saturday - we gifted them a goal from a set piece, though, and that must be addressed. When we played the ball on the deck we looked good - the move  that  got Sherin's goal was a classic, with a superb cross from Brad Smith. In fact Smith was running past the Annan right back at will. We didn't exploit that obvious weakness though, playing more hoofball as the game went on.  We need a combination of strength and football on the deck. It's early days, but if the management team can get that sorted we won't have to endure the torture of a third relegation [play off.