Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Superb result and with Hearts doing their best implosion impression already, I never believed I'd be going to Tynecastle on Tuesday thinking Cowden would still have plenty to play for in this group. Well done boys, my confidence for the season ahead is rising by the week. I'm even looking at the other groups now and trying to work out where the top four second-placed teams can progress from... and even thinking a point in Edinburgh on Tuesday could see Cowden sneak through.

#COWDEN-BELIEF

I thought the cowdenbeath programme was one of the best for it's content. Is it just a little one now?
Only change recently is a switch to a full colour print. Best programme in the league still

3 hours ago, onecowden said:

Arrived at 14.30 to ensure I could purchase a programme before the inevitable sell out of said publication. Wrong. The last one was sold when I was buying my 50-50 draw tickets. Hardly a soul in the ground at that time. Not a moan- observation

Sorry about that. We cut the print run down last season when crowds were falling but since we are hopefully having an upturn in  fortunes we have been selling out far too early we will have to sit down and review the print run. 

Hopefully we will be sorted out in time for the next game with Annan as I hate seeing people miss out on a programme.

Edited by cowdenbeath

3 hours ago, onecowden said:

Arrived at 14.30 to ensure I could purchase a programme before the inevitable sell out of said publication. Wrong. The last one was sold when I was buying my 50-50 draw tickets. Hardly a soul in the ground at that time. Not a moan- observation

Can I echo this. Last 2 home games I have arrived to no programmes left. Surely we can get a few more printed. I spoke with Andy and he says it happens all the time. 

Great programme that it is by the way!

Another good result and reasonable performance. I felt we were the better side over the 90 although Cove are always a danger upfront. Would like to add Pyper and Mullen, 2 players I never praise and haven’t been that keen on, are both looking fit and playing well. Bollan is doing something right anyway.

personally would would have put Muirhead on for Sheerin last 20 and Miller on for Cox or Buchanan. Some boys looked like they were feeling the heat and these boys need game time too. 

Great result though.

happy on a Saturday night, could get used to this!

Sorry about that. We cut the print run down last season when crowds were falling but since we are hopefully having an upturn in  fortunes we have been selling out far too early we will have to sit down and review the print run. 
Hopefully we will be sorted out in time for the next game with Annan as I hate seeing people miss out on a programme.

Thanks for the reply. I probably will sign up for the digital edition. I can’t make every game so it’s the answer for me. Let’s all hope for a change in fortune this season, good fighting performance today. Clean sheet and a win. Happy Saturday

Just now, onecowden said:

Thanks for the reply. I probably will sign up for the digital edition. I can’t make every game so it’s the answer for me. Let’s all hope for a change in fortune this season, good fighting performance today. Clean sheet and a win. Happy Saturday

The digital one would be handy if you couldn't make all the games right enough and arn't too fussed about collecting the paper edition. As I say we'll hopefully get things sorted.

Left it late today but good to get a win who would have thought we would be heading to Tynecastle with an outside chance of going through:lol:

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that there were more unsavoury scenes as you broke Cove's little hearts again today.

I have nothing against them. In fact I've never seen them play, but after how well they took the last defeat it's glorious to see them broken by a late goal.

3 hours ago, cowden boy said:

Nothing better than watching a cove meltdown, excellent from the lads today digged deep right to the end

Duty meant having to watch Whitehill getting wellied in a psf at Tranent. So after witnessing Cowden v Cove episode 1, what happened this time?

That was pleasing and amusing in equal measures.

Cove really do seem petulant at times and have an attitude like they expect to roll everyone over including the officials. Whenever any decision doesnt go their way the toys are out and they seem full of dirty tricks.

Cowden defo best team today but you can see enough in Cove that if they were in League 2 they would do not too bad.

Nobody can say the playoffs were a fluke now.

Well that was a cracking day at Central Park. A thoroughly deserved victory based on the 2nd half performance. Cove were average at best but still created a couple of chances. The save by McGurn right on half time was crucial.

Second half we were better and kept getting balls into the box but our final pass was off. Delighted for Cox to get the goal also. A very calm finish.

Cove after that? [emoji38] Megginson is my new favourite player for his outburst at the end of the match. My Twitter has exploded because of it! Phone battery nearly died from the notifications!

11 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Well that was a cracking day at Central Park. A thoroughly deserved victory based on the 2nd half performance. Cove were average at best but still created a couple of chances. The save by McGurn right on half time was crucial.

Second half we were better and kept getting balls into the box but our final pass was off. Delighted for Cox to get the goal also. A very calm finish.

Cove after that? emoji38.png Megginson is my new favourite player for his outburst at the end of the match. My Twitter has exploded because of it! Phone battery nearly died from the notifications!

Cove are a horrible outfit. McManus isn’t the full shillin, taken off near the end as he would have been sent off just like he was in the playoff. Won’t be sorry if I never see that lot again.

Cowden are to Cove Rangers what Hibs are to The Rangers; having the ability to induce a full scale meltdown through boardroom, to management, to players, to fans just by your mere existence and audacity to be better than them at football is a real talent.

Great stuff.

What exactly happened at the end? I had to leave after the goal.
Megginson ran off the pitch and down tunnel shouting 'shite club' at the Cowden fans. That was it basically other than a small disagreement between a Cove director (I think) and a Cowden fan who shouted back at Megginson.

2 hours ago, wulliemc said:

That was pleasing and amusing in equal measures.

Cove really do seem petulant at times and have an attitude like they expect to roll everyone over including the officials. Whenever any decision doesnt go their way the toys are out and they seem full of dirty tricks.

Cowden defo best team today but you can see enough in Cove that if they were in League 2 they would do not too bad.

Nobody can say the playoffs were a fluke now.

A team with a name that begins with C and ends with e and has a superiority complex. 

You'd never get that in the SPFL.... :whistle