Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Well done to the cowden lads on saturday. Showed great fitness and in the 2nd half started to play to our strengths much better. Defensively really sound. Talbot looks class and mullen is really growing into a very good right back. Malcolm was superb. Badly lacking another central midfielder. 

The effort from the players was great to see and seems they react well when fans get behind them close to the pitch. Central must be a nightmare for that. We stood up to the physical presence of raith really well and in marsh we have a no nonsense defender who takes ball and man. (muzz will love him)

Well done to bollan and staff. Organised and a threat great to see. One thing is for sure this season we will NOT be bottom of the league. 

Very impressed with Cowden on Saturday, we were certainly up for it. At half time I thought the Rovers would have a go and, being the full time time team, their “superior fitness” would come into play. It was the reverse and the score flattered them. 

No failures for Cowden and two of our best players were missing!

How do you stop Sheerin? He was immense.

If anyone wants a laugh have a look at Smith’s pre and post match interviews on the Rovers site.

12 hours ago, NELLY said:

Well done to the cowden lads on saturday. Showed great fitness and in the 2nd half started to play to our strengths much better. Defensively really sound. Talbot looks class and mullen is really growing into a very good right back. Malcolm was superb. Badly lacking another central midfielder

Well done to bollan and staff. Organised and a threat great to see. One thing is for sure this season we will NOT be bottom of the league. 

We haven't dipped into the loan market yet, I note. 

1 minute ago, ronaldincoo said:

We haven't dipped into the loan market yet, I note. 

You never get loans this early normally, clubs further up the chain wait to see who they can bring in before the end of the window before loaning guys out.

Played well in spells. First time I’ve seen us this season and a marked improvement on last season. Knocked the ball about well at times and had more of a threat going forward. Thought Brad looked lively when we played well first half hour and we need him to fulfil more of his potential.

A big factor for me is that Blair Malcolm is being deployed in centre midfield, he has to play there. It was infuriating me last season when he was stuck on the left as he’s wasted there.

Some start to the season for Jordyn Sheerin, long may it continue.