Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

I'm hoping to see some highlights of the game, having enjoyed a 15min video from Kelty recently, so if anyone could put a link up if you find anything, that'd be great. Cheers

Raith normally put highlights up.

4 hours ago, Drifter said:

Thanks  a lot Al, if you could that would be great, and I'd happily buy you a pint for your efforts as I'll no doubt be in one of the watering holes near the ground a few hours before kick-off!

Once the ticket details are announced, will speak again Drifter.

16 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Raith would be a different proposition with Wedderburn Milne and Vaughan in the team but that wasn't our problem.  A deserved victory, Marsh and Talbot look really good additions to the squad.

Hmmmm. Not sure what difference they'd have made given we would have still launched  long high aimless balls at every opportunity. 

Cowden thoroughly deserved to win today - stronger, sharper and hungrier all over the park. Your number 8 with the ponytail bossed the midfield from start to finish. 

Two horrendous mistakes from Benedictus, but all credit to Sheerin for forcing the errors and for the clinical finishing. 

I thought if we lost today it might at least be because we'd witnessed a McGurn masterclass, but he can't have had many easier afternoons. 

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Credit where it's due, he had a good game, he gives hope to Mark Yardley mini me's the length and breadth of the country.

He reminds me of the legendary Andy Ritchie!

29 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Credit where it's due, he had a good game, he gives hope to Mark Yardley mini me's the length and breadth of the country.

Funny you should mention Yards 30 years ago this summer we signed a tall skinny beanpole striker from an juvenile side West Lothian College - his name Mark Yardley. Its a myth that he was always overweight only in his later years towards the end at St Mirren and at Albion Rovers.

Good guy who still has a soft spot for the Cowden,  bump into him a lot as he works for Opta doing the stats at games.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Funny you should mention Yards 30 years ago this summer we signed a tall skinny beanpole striker from an juvenile side West Lothian College - his name Mark Yardley. Its a myth that he was always overweight only in his later years towards the end at St Mirren and at Albion Rovers.

Good guy who still has a soft spot for the Cowden,  bump into him a lot as he works for Opta doing the stats at games.

Mark Yardley used to respond to criticism by fans about his girth by running backwards, imitating the beeps of a bin lorry. Class act, and a natural goalscorer.

1 minute ago, Kierkegaard said:

Mark Yardley used to respond to criticism by fans about his girth by running backwards, imitating the beeps of a bin lorry. Class act, and a natural goalscorer.

Mark is a class act as I said see him when he's covering games. Still speaks fondly of his time with us and St Mirren.

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Heard wee Ben Reilly that played upfront for us was playing right back for Kelty and had a good game.

He did last night v Pars reserves I was at the game done ok men against boys mind you. Yer mate Hubby scored a cracking free kick.