Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

A bit annoying that we rarely build up any excitement by announcing signings on Twitter like you see other clubs do. You can really get people interested by tweeting a new signing will be announced at X time. Instead we get it from third parties. 

28 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

A bit annoying that we rarely build up any excitement by announcing signings on Twitter like you see other clubs do. You can really get people interested by tweeting a new signing will be announced at X time. Instead we get it from third parties. 

Edinburgh City done it well. club never put things out officially until things are signed and sealed Muzz but as you say the twitter teaser thing creates interest.

26 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Whether we like it or not, any modern football club in the era of social media has to have a media strategy. Relying on public meetings in Cowdenbeath, thereby excluding quite a number of fans who don't live in the immediate neighbourhood, simply won't do any more. If we're serious about engagement with fans, modern means of communication have to be employed. Social media can be used to gain a lot of free publicity for the club. Short interviews with management and players can be done on a mobile phone and uploaded immediately via Twitter. And, yes, announcing that new signings are imminent can build up a head of steam. Look at the amount of excitement generated by Drifter's excellent strip designs. We had people from different parts of Scotland joining in. Opinions by fans of different clubs were helpful as well. Donald has clearly been converted to the idea of the club having a strategy for the digital age; we now need a bit of action on the matter.

7 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Whether we like it or not, any modern football club in the era of social media has to have a media strategy. Relying on public meetings in Cowdenbeath, thereby excluding quite a number of fans who don't live in the immediate neighbourhood, simply won't do any more. If we're serious about engagement with fans, modern means of communication have to be employed. Social media can be used to gain a lot of free publicity for the club. Short interviews with management and players can be done on a mobile phone and uploaded immediately via Twitter. And, yes, announcing that new signings are imminent can build up a head of steam. Look at the amount of excitement generated by Drifter's excellent strip designs. We had people from different parts of Scotland joining in. Opinions by fans of different clubs were helpful as well. Donald has clearly been converted to the idea of the club having a strategy for the digital age; we now need a bit of action on the matter.

At recent meetings DF did mention the importance of social media and people looking for things on their phone from the way he was talking its like he has plans in place for the club in this respect.

24 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Whether we like it or not, any modern football club in the era of social media has to have a media strategy. Relying on public meetings in Cowdenbeath, thereby excluding quite a number of fans who don't live in the immediate neighbourhood, simply won't do any more. If we're serious about engagement with fans, modern means of communication have to be employed. Social media can be used to gain a lot of free publicity for the club. Short interviews with management and players can be done on a mobile phone and uploaded immediately via Twitter. And, yes, announcing that new signings are imminent can build up a head of steam. Look at the amount of excitement geenerated by Drifter's excellent strip designs. We had people from different parts of Scotland joining in. Opinions by fans of different clubs were helpful as well. Donald has clearly been converted to the idea of the club having a strategy for the digital age; we now need a bit of action on the matter.

Ron

You have very valid points in regards to the importance of digital communications for maximum fan engagement. Following a gathering recently at the club some of the points you mention regarding interviews are being explored. The key is to attract a willing volunteer to undertake such activity one who is comfortable carrying out an interview using equipment and one who can has strong interviewing techniques too.

I personally would have no issue in carrying out any interviews etc for fans as long as somebody can take the load in terms of uploading editing footage etc 

Edited by Cowden316

Ron
You have very valid points in regards to the importance of digital communications for maximum fan engagement. Following a gathering recently at the club some of the points you mention regarding interviews are being explored. The key is to attract a willing volunteer to undertake such activity one who is comfortable carrying out an interview using equipment and one who can has strong interviewing techniques too.
I personally would have no issue in carrying out any interviews etc for fans as long as somebody can take the load in terms of uploading editing footage etc 
Wish I lived closer to home as I'd absolutely love to get involved.

Real shame we lost Ross Cunningham a few years back.

21 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Ron

That sounds like a good offer, Scott. Anybody out there who could help with the uploading, etc? Any toddler wanting to make some pocket money?? (That's a joke, by the way, but we may be looking at a teenage generation. Could Beath High School setup a  communications project in association with the club? There are young people out there who are very tech savvy and could make a name for themselves - look at how Ross Cunningham developed his skills brilliantly and has made a good career for himself. We've got to think "out of the box" and create a communications model that can excite young people.  Are there colleges in Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline that could set up a communications module in co-operation with the club? We've got to get out of the rather tired public meeting/perpetual relegation battles mindset and excite people about the club. While I'm banging on about it, we need a hard look at our recruitment of players/managers model - could we get some of our fans - maybe some who've done a bit of coaching - to look out for players in local juvenile'/junior/amateur leagues who are beginning to make a name for themselves - after all, someone spotted Greig Stewart in the amateurs. This would be an engagement with the fans with a potential to excite people.

41 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

That sounds like a good offer, Scott. Anybody out there who could help with the uploading, etc? Any toddler wanting to make some pocket money?? (That's a joke, by the way, but we may be looking at a teenage generation. Could Beath High School setup a  communications project in association with the club? There are young people out there who are very tech savvy and could make a name for themselves - look at how Ross Cunningham developed his skills brilliantly and has made a good career for himself. We've got to think "out of the box" and create a communications model that can excite young people.  Are there colleges in Cowdenbeath or Dunfermline that could set up a communications module in co-operation with the club? We've got to get out of the rather tired public meeting/perpetual relegation battles mindset and excite people about the club. While I'm banging on about it, we need a hard look at our recruitment of players/managers model - could we get some of our fans - maybe some who've done a bit of coaching - to look out for players in local juvenile'/junior/amateur leagues who are beginning to make a name for themselves - after all, someone spotted Greig Stewart in the amateurs. This would be an engagement with the fans with a potential to excite people.

We must be both on the same page Ron as these are the points I raised recently around the High School, colleges etc so hopefully we can tap into these areas giving some talented local youngster from the local community to showcase their skills.

I'm in the process of restructuring the 100 club committee to try and achieve driving new ideas with more people taking ownership of them by getting a group of volunteers to help carry out additional fundraising initiatives on top of what is already raised from the 100 club. 4 names so far one taking on a treasury role which will free me up greatly as the cash side can take up a bit of time overall I. E collecting money paying it in and will allow me to hopefully carry out other tasks as the chair.  Very positive and diverse individuals who all have the club at heart which should be of benefit going to forward.

Key going forward this season is maximum publicity to enhance engagement for the club, continued positive relations between fans and the board with a good level of dialogue. Interactions between players and fans whether that be selected local players nipping into functions where fans are drinking post match, A full list of volunteering duties available advertised to the community, really engage and build key relationships with a wide range of stakeholders who can help shape and influence taking Cowdenbeath forward and finally a renewed vision of what the club/ Donald wishes to achieve in the short to medium term by rejuvenating a real sense of purpose of what we are trying to achieve as a club/community. 

If Malcolm signs its a positive signing in that he can play a number of positions. I actually thought he did ok at right back for us. Left back he is poor. Middle of the park he is ok. I personally think he went wayyy down hill and his ability on the ball is really poor. A player who can get better though.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

If Malcolm signs its a positive signing in that he can play a number of positions. I actually thought he did ok at right back for us. Left back he is poor. Middle of the park he is ok. I personally think he went wayyy down hill and his ability on the ball is really poor. A player who can get better though.

Chuffed to bits about Malcolm resigning. With better players in the team I’m sure he will be a huge asset. The goal he scored against Stirling was class.