Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

As it's a bit like the day before Christmas, and after looking at most of the Errea templates the club can go for, I'm guessing tomorrow morning I'll be running downstairs and unwrapping this design (based on Pele's first wish).... Which, with the anniversary shirts in waiting, is a classic look for what will hopefully be a memorable season for the right reasons...

By the way, I know the home top will be unveiled tomorrow, but does anyone know when the away shirt will be released, and the jackets etc?

cowden errea guess.jpg

It is usually quite a while after this that the away top and training gear etc are released. However, it has been fairly quick after the home top release in recent years.

15 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I'll happily take Sheerin. Extremely hard worker and good at what he does - if we can get him a bit trimmer and that extra burst of pace he'll be invaluable to us.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I think the extra bit weight helps his game. He is also a lot faster than people think.

Its a signing which shows our intent next season. No more being bullied and more soft touches. Renton and sheerin up top can work if its played the right way. This little and large scenario doesnt always work. The 2 forwards we have if fit can do a good job against average defences in league 2.

Sheerin looks a good lad and good for the morale and even though he tailed off after an excellent start he did help us retain our league 2 spot. He clearly likes it at the club and I like lads that come in wanting to play for us and choose us over other clubs. Good signing.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Its a signing which shows our intent next season. No more being bullied and more soft touches. Renton and sheerin up top can work if its played the right way. This little and large scenario doesnt always work. The 2 forwards we have if fit can do a good job against average defences in league 2.

Sheerin looks a good lad and good for the morale and even though he tailed off after an excellent start he did help us retain our league 2 spot. He clearly likes it at the club and I like lads that come in wanting to play for us and choose us over other clubs. Good signing.

Mainly agree pal but he played week in week out and didn’t get anywhere near fit enough to play 90. He’s only influencing short spells of games and fucked the rest of the time.

57 minutes ago, big al said:

Mainly agree pal but he played week in week out and didn’t get anywhere near fit enough to play 90. He’s only influencing short spells of games and fucked the rest of the time.

Surely he’ll be fit enough by the start of the season. If he can play like he did against Stirling (for 20mins) for a full game, he’ll be a huge asset.

1 hour ago, big al said:

As far as I understand Jordan didn't really have a pre-season last year due to injury.  This season he should hopefully be able to last closer to 90! 

From the games I have seen at Kelty, he is simply not as good as Dalziel and Cargill, I would describe him as 1 in 3 type striker in that for every 3 chances he got he missed 2.

And Douglas has huge potential so it was the correct decision to offload him as would also command a decent wage.

1 minute ago, Cyril said:

From the games I have seen at Kelty, he is simply not as good as Dalziel and Cargill, I would describe him as 1 in 3 type striker in that for every 3 chances he got he missed 2.

And Douglas has huge potential so it was the correct decision to offload him as would also command a decent wage.

Sheerin came to us and made a bit of a difference, there’s no way Dalziel would have.

Just now, big al said:

Sheerin came to us and made a bit of a difference, there’s no way Dalziel would have.

I'm  looking at it from a Kelty perspective, Dalziel has been a brilliant player for them, really prolific, for whatever reason Sheerin didn't show this.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

As far as I understand Jordan didn't really have a pre-season last year due to injury.  This season he should hopefully be able to last closer to 90! 

I believe David Cox was struggling fitness wise last season as well. Should be goals in him at League 2 level.