Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

2 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

squad1970.jpg

How cool does that kit look? 

That’s pretty much the Cowdenbeath team that I saw defeat Clach 3-0 in the Scottish Cup in Inverness season 70-71. Dickson was the outstanding player on the day; a classy inside forward as they were in those days

3 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

I take it you are wide awake since it is pretty much 24 hours of daylight up there this time of year ! Get on with the last part of the Trilogy....

Tentatively entitled " Parachute payments - and how to avoid them".

19 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

In fact, it would be entirely consistent with 'Honour the past etc' to go for a retro pinstripe ! Dad,  CC have a word with Errea !

Drifter, you genius, get on photo shop & do us a pinstripe ! 

It will be too late now as I believe that clubs had to submit their designs to the SPFL/SFA last week.

17 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

I prefer this strip: The Miners

Forwardline.JPG

P.S. We'll take any descendants of the dude at the top left. Looks like the type of psycho that would be a good fit for the type of side that GB is putting together for a shot (in the literal sense) that we are putting together for the title.

If we ever have a re-issue of the legendary 70 top, it has to be an exact replica, in cotton as well. Not some poor plastic copy. I always check the Toffs website from time to time in the vain hope that they will make one.

Edited by PELE

At FC United, we've just changed from O'Neills to Errea and submit our own shirt designs. Perhaps Cowden could consider this for next season if a templated shirt is produced this time around, and I'm sure the designers in Italy would be happy to knock something up for 2019-20...

That’s pretty much the Cowdenbeath team that I saw defeat Clach 3-0 in the Scottish Cup in Inverness season 70-71. Dickson was the outstanding player on the day; a classy inside forward as they were in those days

I wasn’t at that game but I do remember the tie. We had a good team and John Dickson was a big part of it. Fondly remembered.

Drifter doing God's work once more, I see.

It takes technical suppliers, even big 'uns like Erreà, quite some time and machinery to produce bespoke kits - as seen with Grimsby, who won't be getting theirs for a while due to the Italians' time being eaten up by Iceland - although they are quite happy to knock out exclusive designs for just about any team. Below is a shirt they designed specifically for Jadran Dekani, a Slovenian amateur club from a 300 man town that was promoted to the Slovenian second tier for 2017/2018.

The thing is, I believe Cowden are signed with Football Nation rather than Erreà themselves; I'm not sure if FN ordered the strips well in advance, but if they didn't, expect standard teamwear such as the Eiger shirt Drifter kindly hacked together for our viewing pleasure. If it sells well, though, I don't see why FN and Erreà wouldn't want to trot out a bespoke design for 2019/2020.

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2017/09/09/nk-jadran-dekani-20172018-home-shirt/

21329658_1872595936089778_366069012_o.thumb.jpg.d9fb4c530e2948b106ae6c0b89189866.jpg