Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

I have most of the tops we have worn since the mid eighties. Much as I like Brasil, I didn't really like the yellow and green tops we had.

The three things I have always hoped we would do strip wise are bring out a version of the seventies striped top, have a white top and have a smart Adidas top. Whatever is revealed next week, I hope it is not a blue top with red on it. Red, white and blue doesn't look right for us.

9 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

a2b4c132afd9b7100d05eb83e9dda37c.jpg

Some crazy shirt designs back in the 90's. Personally would like to see us going back to the Brazil colours for the away kit again. As mentioned above 98/00 was my fav also, modeled below.

staylorvcowden.jpg

I wore my 97-98 Paulas Benara blue/white striped shirt to the cove match, wouldn't mind seeing us back in stripes again either, prob a long shot.

Absolutely love this kit. Both the home and away were great.

Still got the home and away 1991-1993 kit kicking about, f**k playing 90 minutes in it though - melting.

8 hours ago, Drifter said:

And some based on their Jago templates (oh the joys of photoshop!)

Errea Jago 1st.jpg

Not a fan of flashes etc on strips but this doesn't look too bad. We have had a few in recent seasons and they look very create your own strip in Fifa/American soccer. The Uhlsport strips have been bogging with last season the best of a bad bunch.

Not a fan of Jago, for how nonsensical those diagonal lines across the body appear.

Looking at the historicalkits site, Cowden had the famous Umbro and Admiral trim down the sleeves from '77 to '81. Erreà copied that style for Norwich in 17/18, might be cool in blue and white (Canaries' colour scheme makes this decent as a Cowden away top);

5b1a342db22b4_norwich_city_17_18_errea_home_kit_g1.thumb.jpg.c400c74b1277eafefd5c1d40edfcbb75.jpg

3 hours ago, cowden0 said:

I still have 1970 home top and my favourite silky blue bukta shirt from 1978 ish.  Would have loved to have had the silky red away shirt, but alas.

Is that the legendary striped top from 1970?

2 hours ago, PELE said:

Is that the legendary striped top from 1970?

Aye that's it in photo given. Too big for me in 1970 but much too wee for me now. Cotton tops were great. 

Have to confess I've been waiting for us to go back to a pinstripe.  Loved it in the 70's when I first saw Cowden and it's about due back. Tell ye what, if we cannae have pinstripes give the job to Drifter.  This one for home:

5b185b12ea429_cowden18-19.jpg.20de29adf51be340b5a5e2d98a0b36a8.jpg

And this one fer away:

Errea Jago 3rd.jpg

In fact, it would be entirely consistent with 'Honour the past etc' to go for a retro pinstripe ! Dad,  CC have a word with Errea !

Drifter, you genius, get on photo shop & do us a pinstripe ! 

Edited by ronaldincoo

I think it's candy stripes rather than pinstripes that Cowden wore in the 70's, the squad pic of 1970 shows them to be way too thick to be of the latter persuasion.

Brighton wore this in 2010/2011, Erreà-supplied. Maybe a nice middle ground between pinstripes and actual stripes?

IMG_7163.JPG

Edited by DutchBorderer

1 minute ago, DutchBorderer said:

I think it's candy stripes rather than pinstripes that Cowden wore in the 70's, the squad pic of 1970 shows them to be way too thick to be of the latter persuasion.

Brighton wore this in 2010/2011, Erreà-supplied. Maybe a nice middle ground between pinstripes and actual stripes?

IMG_7163.JPG

Noooooo ! Thin pinstripes.