Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

After years of being a soft touch and too easily bullied a potential team containing Gilfillan, Dunlop, Marsh, Scott, Cox, Renton and Sheerin would be a joy. Just bodying players and bullying games. Let’s get behind Bollan putting together a hard as f**k team to win a square go at Cove. 

28 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

After years of being a soft touch and too easily bullied a potential team containing Gilfillan, Dunlop, Marsh, Scott, Cox, Renton and Sheerin would be a joy. Just bodying players and bullying games. Let’s get behind Bollan putting together a hard as f**k team to win a square go at Cove. 

Just need a bully of a centre mid.. anyone come to mind?

28 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Just need a bully of a centre mid.. anyone come to mind?

A certain Winter-wonderland fits the bill. Wonder if Keith ‘mad dog’ McCulloch is fit enough for a cameo from the bench? John Ward was another mad hard b*****d that I loved. 

2 hours ago, NELLY said:

You also said swann wasnt re-signing so your intel is pashhhh. I personally dont see that partnership working unless we bombard teams with a physical approach..

Haha true

though I did only say to you Swann intimated near end of last season he wouldn’t be re signing and was then dropped, which is true.

he must have now changed his mind after presumably no full time offers

As an aside, and to take the talk away from transfer rumours and signings during pre-season summer months... I was wondering, other than numerous performances in the Cowden shirt or rivals' capitulations down the years.... what's the funniest thing you've seen at the match, or going to the match? An incident that still makes you laugh to this day....

One of my own, although not funny for me at the time, was a time where a stray ball was destined for me in the stand and, thinking I'm Pele, I had visions of volleying the ball as far as I could right back on to the pitch. Unfortunately, sue to the amount of pre-match ale I'd consumed, I ended up flat on my arse, completely missing said ball, with around 4,000 people and the television cameras looking on. Thankfully in the days before youtube and to save any further embarrassment to myself, I'm not saying the game! Still makes me squirm thinking about it, but the 'mates' around me at the time found it highly amusing... especially the lad in the opposite stand who came up to me in a bar after, asking: 'Was that you?!'

A good one for Central Park was George McCluskey getting knocked out, sat into a wheel chair and red carded before getting carted off. He did pick a fight with Big Eric.

It seems a bit hazy now but still convinced it happened. Sure he was playing for Killie at the time.

5 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

A good one for Central Park was George McCluskey getting knocked out, sat into a wheel chair and red carded before getting carted off. He did pick a fight with Big Eric.

It seems a bit hazy now but still convinced it happened. Sure he was playing for Killie at the time.

Not as hazy as George felt after tangling with Big E

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not as hazy as George felt after tangling with Big E

It would never end well. Mind the lad he knocked out away to Stirling after the guy chopped him down? The boys head bounced back up off the astro.

Bowmaker attempting to take corner at central park only to kick the solid spring corner flag that we used then. The ball rolled all of 2 feet. Resulting to a broken foot and to top it off, him telling the supporters and players to f**k off for laughing. A couple of weeks later we played Hearts in league cup at Tynecastle, he decided to watch the match with the supporters in the enclosure complete with crutches only to be greeted with the chorus of " bow bow shitey bow". Still makes me smile.

3 minutes ago, cowden0 said:

Bowmaker attempting to take corner at central park only to kick the solid spring corner flag that we used then. The ball rolled all of 2 feet. Resulting to a broken foot and to top it off, him telling the supporters and players to f**k off for laughing. A couple of weeks later we played Hearts in league cup at Tynecastle, he decided to watch the match with the supporters in the enclosure complete with crutches only to be greeted with the chorus of " bow bow shitey bow". Still makes me smile.

Also remembered for 96th winner to spoil Livi's official opening

57 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Your right.

Always remember when we had a large space where the new stand is now, after the fire. We had Billy "Buzz" Lamont in goals and he was having a mare. A black cab drove into the ground up to where the new stand is now, in full view of everyone in the terracing and somebody (think it was Stuart Juner) shouted at the top of their voice, "Taxi for Lamont".

9 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

If GB is happy to have Sheerin and Renton then I’d welcome that. We’ll wait and see then.

I would definitely sign Sheerin. He might not be fast, but he reads the game perfectly. He might not have been as effective in the latter games, but he was isolated and chasing hopeless causes most of the time. I think him and Renton could hit it off as a partnership.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

What was the story with the late Stuart Juner and Pascal Bruno?

Can vaguely remember Stuart shouted something like give us a wave and it cost us a goal emoji38.png

Here we are - from the text of a book called Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil:

One incident stands out. Levein persuaded his friend, Pasquale Bruno, the ex-Juventus, Torino, Fiorentina and Hearts star, to make a cameo appearance for the Blue Brazil in a match at Central Park against Ross County. The tanned Italian superstar strolled elegantly around the Fife Maracana. Then, with Cowden 2-0 ahead, Stuart Juner, a legendary Cowden terracing wit, shouted: “Hey Pasquale, where have you been all my life?” Bruno looked up and grinned - and completely missed the ball, allowing the Ross County striker to run straight through and score. The Blue Brazil ended up losing 3-2.

If it's in Black Diamonds, it must be true...:whistle  or aproximately true.

I must say the late lamented Stuart Juner was best terracing wit I've ever heard.