• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Airdrie1977

Airdrieonians 2018/19. The Second Coming of the New Era

51 minutes ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Think they only had 9 between them?  

McIntosh and Vitoria.  

I was suggesting they carry a goal threat even as backups.     McIntosh got 10 last season (5 as a starter and 5 as a sub), Vitoria got 9 (i think).

I'd expect 15-20 from Duffy and around 10 from Carrick.   If we can get 15-20 from Vitoria, McIntosh and Russell from bench/spot starts then we'd be in a good position.

Look at the squad now;

Gallacher

(Hutton)

O'Neill Crighton Robertson McDonald

( Leighton Cairns Ross Edwards)

Stewart Millar Gallagher Conroy

(Truesdale McIntosh Fitzy?)

Carrick Duffy

(Russell Thomson McIntosh Victoria)

There are persistent rumours about Page from East Fife that aren't helped by him handing in a transfer request lately. 

If they sign Page he O'Neill might not start.   Personally I really like him, I think he's better than most here think. 

Page didn't put in a request he was PUT on the transfer list by the manger!!!
And anyway, even though the Club wouldn't be hard to deal with he is still under contract so you would have to pay for the privilege of signing him!!!
I know you guys are splashing the cash with regards to wages, signing on fees and future bonuses but I don't see anything about you being willing to pay transfer fees, wouldn't that rock your budget a bit???

2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Page didn't put in a request he was PUT on the transfer list by the manger!!!
And anyway, even though the Club wouldn't be hard to deal with he is still under contract so you would have to pay for the privilege of signing him!!!
I know you guys are splashing the cash with regards to wages, signing on fees and future bonuses but I don't see anything about you being willing to pay transfer fees, wouldn't that rock your budget a bit???

At this stage I have no idea and its merely rumoured.

I wouldn't have thought we'd have enough for a transfer fee.

I know the image is that we're splashing cash, but in essence we are actually just implementing a properly structured budget that we hope will result in promotion.   You have no idea how bereft we were last season with the mass loanee situation.   

At this stage I have no idea and its merely rumoured.
I wouldn't have thought we'd have enough for a transfer fee.
I know the image is that we're splashing cash, but in essence we are actually just implementing a properly structured budget that we hope will result in promotion.   You have no idea how bereft we were last season with the mass loanee situation.   

Not saying you're spending millions but if you look at the numbers you have recruited so far, which is more than us, Arbroath, Raith, Brechin and Dumbarton (some would say your closest rivals next season) combined, it's pretty fair to say you ARE indeed splashing whatever amount of cash you have!!!
To have what is basically an entirely new team signed before June is impressive going!!!
So do you think that that's it, are you just going to go for unsettling the players of your rivals during the course of the season or are there more players to come on the Excelsior Gravy Train???

13 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Not saying you're spending millions but if you look at the numbers you have recruited so far, which is more than us, Arbroath, Raith, Brechin and Dumbarton (some would say your closest rivals next season) combined, it's pretty fair to say you ARE indeed splashing whatever amount of cash you have!!!
To have what is basically an entirely new team signed before June is impressive going!!!
So do you think that that's it, are you just going to go for unsettling the players of your rivals during the course of the season or are there more players to come on the Excelsior Gravy Train???

Penny Cars Gravy Train if you don’t mind.

Penny Cars Gravy Train if you don’t mind.

Excelsior/Penny Cars is a bit like Jenners/Poundstretcher in comparable terms don't you think???

I was trying to big it up a bit for you!!!

14 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Excelsior/Penny Cars is a bit like Jenners/Poundstretcher in comparable terms don't you think???

I was trying to big it up a bit for you!!!

Taxi for King Kebab! 

Dont worry, I know a good taxi company. 

Taxi for King Kebab! 

Dont worry, I know a good taxi company. 

Is it this one???
IMG_3586.jpg

44 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

We moved quickly as we are now a well run, progressive organisation, with enthusiastic people in charge. 

If we have unsettled Page it must have been done through the proper channels or we'd have been reported.  If indeed it has happened.

There is no gravy train.  Just a small but enthusiastic support who have got control of their club and everyone is saying "what can I do for my club" rather than the typical "what can my club do for me".

Its a good position to be in and something others may strive for.   

We moved quickly as we are now a well run, progressive organisation, with enthusiastic people in charge. 
If we have unsettled Page it must have been done through the proper channels or we'd have been reported.  If indeed it has happened.
There is no gravy train.  Just a small but enthusiastic support who have got control of their club and everyone is saying "what can I do for my club" rather than the typical "what can my club do for me".
Its a good position to be in and something others may strive for.   

Not dissing you at all, what you have done has been very impressive and also quite concerning for others in our Division!!!
But the Page thing was quite clearly an illegal tap, done in January, perhaps under orders of people no longer involved with your Club, as I understand it you approached a player that was under contract and backed off after finding out the player was still under contract for the following season leaving behind a quite clearly unsettled player and yes you should have been reported. I can only imagine though that the evidence was not enough to proceed with such a course, I don't know I'm not on the Board of the Club, but you did f**k up that player for us for the remainder of the season!!!

Not dissing you at all, what you have done has been very impressive and also quite concerning for others in our Division!!!
But the Page thing was quite clearly an illegal tap, done in January, perhaps under orders of people no longer involved with your Club, as I understand it you approached a player that was under contract and backed off after finding out the player was still under contract for the following season leaving behind a quite clearly unsettled player and yes you should have been reported. I can only imagine though that the evidence was not enough to proceed with such a course, I don't know I'm not on the Board of the Club, but you did f**k up that player for us for the remainder of the season!!!

IMG_1747.jpg

20 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

But the Page thing was quite clearly an illegal tap........

but you did f**k up that player for us for the remainder of the season!!!

Honestly, have no idea if that happened or not but its not what any of us would condone.   But the proof is in the pudding

IMG_1747.jpg.da361212fd00a3e432918be1b142008b.jpg

Obviously, but perhaps you wouldn't have been so blasé if you had been reported and then fined, losing some of this year's budget in the process and then perhaps had sanctions imposed, which is a possibility!!!

Honestly, have no idea if that happened or not but its not what any of us would condone.   But the proof is in the pudding

It did and the proof was that you turned one of our best players into a pudding for the rest of the season!!!

5 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

It did and the proof was that you turned one of our best players into a pudding for the rest of the season!!!

Not that he was already unsettled?   If he'd been illegally approached your guys would have reported it.

Not that he was already unsettled?   If he'd been illegally approached your guys would have reported it.

You would have thought!!!

We have 16 players signed, a whole team and 5 subs. You’re just getting your frillies in a twist because EF don’t have many signed.

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

You would have thought!!!

I can't tell you your business but you have to ask questions of your own club if they're not fighting their corner,  rather than having a go about it on here at us.    For all you know it could be an agent or your own club that has created it.   If we asked through proper channels and got rebuffed then what did we do wrong?

We have 16 players signed, a whole team and 5 subs. You’re just getting your frillies in a twist because EF don’t have many signed.

Settle down, we've got 12 signed and expect at least another two this weekend, I'm more than happy on that front!!!
And if you were following the flow, you will realise I was talking about players signed in the post/close season of which you have three, we have five and Airdrie have ten (10)!!!

I can't tell you your business but you have to ask questions of your own club if they're not fighting their corner,  rather than having a go about it on here at us.    For all you know it could be an agent or your own club that has created it.   If we asked through proper channels and got rebuffed then what did we do wrong?

That is a very reasonable response and question which I may well get brought up at the forthcoming open meeting at the Club, but you've got to also ask that the player's agent and the club would know that the player was under contract and any meeting would be pointless as I'm pretty sure that the days of transfer fees between Clubs in our Division are over!!!

This, never seen knickers so twisted in my life!