• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Airdrie1977

Airdrieonians 2018/19. The Second Coming of the New Era

Thoughts on Jordan Mcgregor folks? We’ve just signed him.
He was gash. The post which said he looked like a footballer summed him up. He "looked like" one until he got on the pitch.

6 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

7 Sleeps emoji16.png

Me too.  

1 Tonight

2Tomorrow

3 Sunday

4 Monday

5 Tuesday

6 Wednesday

7 Thursday

Will be on it from Friday till Monday. 

46 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:
On 10/01/2019 at 17:39, dave_binos said:
Thoughts on Jordan Mcgregor folks? We’ve just signed him.

He was gash. The post which said he looked like a footballer summed him up. He "looked like" one until he got on the pitch.

Glad someone spotted that :shutup

Me too.  
1 Tonight
2Tomorrow
3 Sunday
4 Monday
5 Tuesday
6 Wednesday
7 Thursday

Oh what a party were going to have when we do it

Although I never really rated him he was better than brownlie but he was still gash

The biggest recent defeat on that kind of scale that springs to mind (at a decent level of football anyway) was when Hearts beat Cowdenbeath 10 - 0 at Tynecastle when they were in the Chapmionship.
Did Morton not ship ten not all that long ago as well?

Accies beat Morton 10-2 on the last day of the season a few years back. They had to win by 9 to win the league. Ended up going up anyway through the playoffs.

Who could forget our very own 11-0.

41 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:
55 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:
Me too.  
1 Tonight
2Tomorrow
3 Sunday
4 Monday
5 Tuesday
6 Wednesday
7 Thursday

Oh what a party were going to have when we do it

They've signed Olly Burke, Some African boy from a Slovakian team and the son of the president of Liberia.

They're shitting themselves from us.

13 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

I fear you may not have to wait long for the next one (hope I am wrong though

What can you possibly mean in this year of optimism? Seriously your view was what I almost put in the post at that point.  I also missed our 11-0 win as I was out of the country. I was at Aberdeen when we lost 8 in the cup and did we not also lose heavily at Brockville but can't remember the score. ( 7 or 8? down to 10 men in 2nd minute?) Hope we do well tomorrow and next week.

What can you possibly mean in this year of optimism? Seriously your view was what I almost put in the post at that point.  I also missed our 11-0 win as I was out of the country. I was at Aberdeen when we lost 8 in the cup and did we not also lose heavily at Brockville but can't remember the score. ( 7 or 8? down to 10 men in 2nd minute?) Hope we do well tomorrow and next week.
The Falkirk drubbing was the day a load of fans walked to Brockville IIRC.
Who could forget our own thumping 8 past Stranraer at Broadwood.
We even conceded first that day I'm sure.

All this about comically big scores is grand, but I seriously doubt we'll put more than about six past Celtic, tops.

The Falkirk drubbing was the day a load of fans walked to Brockville IIRC.
Who could forget our own thumping 8 past Stranraer at Broadwood.
We even conceded first that day I'm sure.

Did they not have about 4 sent off that day?
Anyone any idea what our biggest win is at the new stadium? Reckon 6-0 against ICT is about biggest I can remember.

29 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Anyone any idea what our biggest win is at the new stadium? Reckon 6-0 against ICT is about biggest I can remember.

11-0 vs Gala Fairydean

Yep 4 sent off, I remember it well, as this was the ONLY game that season my old man couldn't make it, so he arranged for his pal to take me .

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12658124.airdrie-eightsome-leaves-mcveigh-reeling/

Big Andy smith if I remember correctly also had the ball in the net (again) only for it to be chopped off and a penalty awarded instead!!
And I think Stranraers goal came direct from a corner at the wind assisted (open) railway end at the time.

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

7 against Dundee?

The biggest I have seen was in the good old days then Sandy Clark played for us and we beat Brechin 8-0.  IU also remember beating Raith Rovers 7-1 in a league cup section on 25 August 1976, most of the Raith fans left about 10 minutes to go when it was 4-1 and then when we teased them in their buses after the match as they  missed the last three goals and didn't believe that it was seven

8 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Wasn't at the game today, but pleased with the result and seems like it was a good performance.  We're certainly improving.  Especially good to see that Hutton did so well after being out injured for so long, doesn't seem to have been rusty at all.

We've now picked up as many points (10) in the last four games  as we did in Findlay's nine leagues games in charge this season.   During those nine games, we never went two games without defeat.

Wasn't at the game today, but pleased with the result and seems like it was a good performance.  We're certainly improving.  Especially good to see that Hutton did so well after being out injured for so long, doesn't seem to have been rusty at all.
We've now picked up as many points (10) in the last four games  as we did in Findlay's nine leagues games in charge this season.   During those nine games, we never went two games without defeat.

If we had the Muzzball at the start of the season I think imo we would be top of the league!