• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Airdrie1977

Airdrieonians 2018/19. The Second Coming of the New Era

Just seen some cryptic fb posts which were  subsequently deleted . They suggested all is not well at the club.  I think we all had an idea that something was not right after one of the board recently leaving.  I don't know anything though. I am keen to find out.
Fair enough.
I'm not lucky enough to be blessed with Facebook in my life so rely usually on the other outlets : here, twitter etc

Fans got enough to worry about  ,Dumbarton then Arbroath ,that will be enough to be getting on with ,and that's no rumour .

After another dreadful defensive performance v Raith on Saturday, how long can Murray avoid sticking Robertson in central defence. He might not be the best right back but he was easily our best summer signing and is far better than bot Crighton and Page at centre half. I heard he’d been a bit ‘mouthy’ in the dressing room but if so he’s been dropped and the new manager’s made his point. Murray now has to solve the problem and get the guy back on the pitch after all we pay good money to see our best eleven playing. Someone also mentioned Deano as a centre half and that would work too (although he’d still be better getting a decent run in midfield instead of Gallagher and Miller who were back to their anonymous best at Kirkcaldy.)

Raith we’re pretty lacklustre on Saturday and the way the game went reckon almost any other team in the league would have got away with at least a point .... yet we lose easily. Midfield is the consistent problem but honestly those centre halves are getting to be as bad.

Heard that Dougie Alsop was "leaving" Commercial manager job but that could be a rumour which means little?  I also think Robertson should be in at CB instead of Page but apart from Saturday I rarely get the line up correct. 

Noticed  a lot of first team player in our 2-1 defeat to Q P  ,Robertson ,Stewart ,Victoria,and a few more ,what is the format of this league .is it reserve or development  with a few over age players  ???? Any help thanks .

13 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Heard that Dougie Alsop was "leaving" Commercial manager job but that could be a rumour which means little?  

I don't think that's 100% accurate but definitely not for posting on here mate.  

The rumours I was referring to was Stuart Shields leaving, on the back of Walter and Gavin Speirs. He was very much the front man for the new consortium and all 3 were well known to the fans as fellow supporters. Bobby Watson was the other - same situation as Shields, the figurehead of the takeover but not been seen in months and heard he was fed up with politics.

If this is the case then all would appear not to be well. I noticed at Stranraer that Annmarie and Rose Ballantyne were back in the directors box, along with William Marshall and Paul Hetherington I think, although I have never actually seen him to know what he looks like.

It seems within less than a year it is turning sour and reverting to type.

Hadn't heard about Dougie but hope that isn't the case. I hope it has nothing to do with beach towels.

59 minutes ago, Disgruntled Old Diamond said:

The rumours I was referring to was Stuart Shields leaving, on the back of Walter and Gavin Speirs. He was very much the front man for the new consortium and all 3 were well known to the fans as fellow supporters. Bobby Watson was the other - same situation as Shields, the figurehead of the takeover but not been seen in months and heard he was fed up with politics.

If this is the case then all would appear not to be well. I noticed at Stranraer that Annmarie and Rose Ballantyne were back in the directors box, along with William Marshall and Paul Hetherington I think, although I have never actually seen him to know what he looks like.

Hadn't heard about Dougie but hope that isn't the case. I hope it has nothing to do with beach towels.

Can’t confirm or deny any of this but Stuart Shields posted on the Facebook site on 23rd November in very complimentary terms about the fans and in particular all the volunteers. Doesn’t sound like a man about to depart but who knows.

Edited by waysider

1 hour ago, Disgruntled Old Diamond said:

That's essentially what I had heard too. There's been discontentment bubbling away for a while now in the boardroom. Walter and Gavin Spiers leaving was always a worrying sign and nothing since has changed my mind on that.

I would imagine the way the deal was structured, with PH having such a large percentage share, and therefore effectively control of the club, will have had quite a bearing on this. That structure is not how the deal was pitched to the Trust or the individual investors. It was rushed through like that for convenience and to conclude the deal quickly to get rid of Ballantyne, TW & co. 

14 minutes ago, Nipples said:

That's essentially what I had heard too. There's been discontentment bubbling away for a while now in the boardroom. Walter and Gavin Spiers leaving was always a worrying sign and nothing since has changed my mind on that.

I would imagine the way the deal was structured, with PH having such a large percentage share, and therefore effectively control of the club, will have had quite a bearing on this. That structure is not how the deal was pitched to the Trust or the individual investors. It was rushed through like that for convenience and to conclude the deal quickly to get rid of Ballantyne, TW & co. 

What percentage does PH have? I thought it was a number of investors, each with small stakes. I have obviously missed something.

51 minutes ago, AB1974 said:

What percentage does PH have? I thought it was a number of investors, each with small stakes. I have obviously missed something.

55ish.

That was the plan and that's what it was sold to everyone as. The reality has been a lot different. Plenty folk either oblivious or looking the other way because it's seen as being the lesser of two evils compared with the prior regime. I'm not so sure.

Edited by Nipples

13 minutes ago, Nipples said:

55ish.

That was the plan and that's what it was sold to everyone as. The reality has been a lot different. Plenty folk either oblivious or looking the other way because it's seen as being the lesser of two evils compared with the prior regime. I'm not so sure.

Cheers. I'm not so sure either.  

9 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I don't think that's 100% accurate but definitely not for posting on here mate.  

I did say I had heard it from other Airdrie fans and wondered if that was the "rumour". As to being 100% accurate I have no idea but that applies to you as well. I don't quite get why it can't be posted on a thread featuring "rumours"  . We will wait and see .

17 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I did say I had heard it from other Airdrie fans and wondered if that was the "rumour". As to being 100% accurate I have no idea but that applies to you as well. I don't quite get why it can't be posted on a thread featuring "rumours"  . We will wait and see .

Maybe because he's a guy who posts on here and you're speculating whether he still has a job 3 weeks before Christmas.

Just now, stuartcraig said:

Maybe because he's a guy who posts on here and you're speculating whether he still has a job 3 weeks before Christmas.

I had no idea that he posts on here. I would not wish to see anyone lose a job at any time and I believe he has done an excellent job in his time as Commercial chief; it would indeed be a disgrace if he is out of that job. Next time I will not reply to any "rumour" posts and stick to actual happenings.  thanks

Just over 50%, I'm led to believe he used names as a front

On 26/11/2018 at 14:13, Diamond8 said:

Celtic fan at work reckons there will be about 40k Celtic fans and tickets about £22-25

I looked up the ticket prices for their game against Brechin last year and it was £15 adults, £10 U18s and 65+ and £5 U13s. Airdrie are obviously more box office than Brechin but would imagine ticket prices would be roughly the same. 

On 03/12/2018 at 07:33, DestroyedByMadness said:

Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but Carrick's our best player ffs.   

You could literally play him anywhere on the park and he'd be better than that player.  We have no one with his work ethic,  constantly pressing, destroying, making runs, creating...    He's been shunted all over the park to accommodate less capable team mates all the time.   

What criteria are you using?  Because he hasn't scored much lately?   There's eejits on here rattling on about shitebags like Conroy and Wilkie ffs and slagging the few players that put in a shift every week.

Fill our team with 11 Carricks and we'd be 2 leagues above.

Totally agree, I think Carrick is a terrific player. Not a goalscorer by any means but a real hard worker and his skill on and off the ball is tremendous too. It's been frustrating seeing him make plenty of incisive runs but none of his teammates having the skill or vision to get the ball to him. Think he's been hung out to dry a little though getting played out wide. 

11 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Noticed  a lot of first team player in our 2-1 defeat to Q P  ,Robertson ,Stewart ,Victoria,and a few more ,what is the format of this league .is it reserve or development  with a few over age players  ???? Any help thanks .

Went along to the reserves game last night. I don't suppose results really matter at that level but it wasn't a great performance, especially considering the calibre on the park which should have had enough to beat QP. However, this was the first time I've seen them play so could have just been an off night. Seemed to have the exact same problems as the first team - rubbish at the back and couldn't create anything going forward. The two goals they conceded were really soft. Leighton got done by a long ball and had to bring the player down for a penalty and the second was a flick on from an unmarked player at a corner. Robertson came off injured and his knee was heavily strapped so would imagine he's a doubt for Saturday. Thought McKenzie, Edwards, Cairns and Stewart showed up quite well. Fitzpatrick (who was feeding back to the coaches and players) Sandy Stewart and Anne Marie Ballantyne all in attendance. 

16 hours ago, Disgruntled Old Diamond said:

I noticed at Stranraer that Annmarie and Rose Ballantyne were back in the directors box, along with William Marshall and Paul Hetherington I think, although I have never actually seen him to know what he looks like.

If you don't know what he looks like how did you notice him?