• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Airdrie1977

Airdrieonians 2018/19. The dawn of a new era

The Board are doing all the right things by their embracing the community in a way that must change Dougy’s job from a nightmare to a pleasure. All the new signings demonstrate that we had a plan and the fact that players have signed quickly shows we must be offering decent money for this level. I am hopeful that we might make a couple of other signings particularly up front.

However, as ever it will depend on how we perform on the park. I’m not 100% sold on Findlay but it’s his team now so no excuses.

Edited by waysider

It's all comin' up Milhouse!

Just one of those summers when you can't help but feel sorry for the 7.6 billion people in the world who wish so very intensely that they had the good fortune to be born Airdrie fans.  Alas!  That privilege is reserved for few. 

In other words, can we get this summer nonsense oot the way, skip over the World Cup and get back to proper football now, please?  Really, really excited for this season.

It'll all depend on whether the "Holemasters" decal on the replica strip is still really scratchy and starts to come off after a few washes.

Nice change to support airdrie at the moment

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

It'll all depend on whether the "Holemasters" decal on the replica strip is still really scratchy and starts to come off after a few washes.

Getting embedded at source now...   

We're a "terrific quality" organisation now.

Leighton McIntosh signs and we have a £25k per year stadium naming rights deal.

This has been the best preseason since 1991 

Leighton McIntosh signs and we have a £25k per year stadium naming rights deal.
This has been the best preseason since 1991 
The "hope" is that he might have the best season of his career yet and kick on eg Allan Russell and Andy Ryan.
The expectation is, he'll be the first choice back up striker (if that makes sense).
Its up to the lad to show he doesn't deserve to be on the bench when he gets his chance. An interesting signing and one that certainly adds "poacher" threat.
By my reckoning, a left winger and possibly a marquee signing centre half and we can conclude its been a bloody good "summer" and were not even out of May yet.

I know I’ll probably be in the minority, but I’m delighted with the signing of McIntosh. I always thought he looked really dangerous in his Peterhead days.

And even last season, despite the indifferent reviews from some of the Arbroath supporters, he had the highest minute per goal ratio in the league outside the two forwards at Ayr and (bizarrely) Ryan McCord.

I reckons he’ll do well for us.

14 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I know I’ll probably be in the minority, but I’m delighted with the signing of McIntosh. I always thought he looked really dangerous in his Peterhead days.

And even last season, despite the indifferent reviews from some of the Arbroath supporters, he had the highest minute per goal ratio in the league outside the two forwards at Ayr and (bizarrely) Ryan McCord.

I reckons he’ll do well for us.

Don’t think you’ll be in the minority here. He has a decent scoring record and still has his best years ahead of him, hopefully with us. Looks a good prospect and proven he can score at this level. If we can find a way to play him, Carrillo & Duffy in the starting 11, without pushing one of them into an unfamiliar position, then that’s a lethal strike force right there. 

Look at the squad now;

Gallacher

(Hutton)

O'Neill Crighton Robertson McDonald

( Leighton Cairns Ross Edwards)

Stewart Millar Gallagher Conroy

(Truesdale McIntosh Fitzy?)

Carrick Duffy

(Russell Thomson McIntosh Victoria)

There are persistent rumours about Page from East Fife that aren't helped by him handing in a transfer request lately.   We look like we're maybe a defender and back up youngsters for the reserves.

Also, we've got the main sponsors in Holemasters, we have away sponsors, stadium sponsors, among many other add-ons.    Makes one heck of a change from 12 months ago when we were told that Wotherspoon was out, Wilson walked away,  JWB threatened to close us down, Ryan and Rohan were sold off,  we had 9 loanees,  average age of team of 19 in some games...

Well played to everyone involved.

2 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Gawd you're such a happy clapper.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

Gawd you're such a happy clapper.

Happy clapping is the new direct action

5 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Look at the squad now;

Gallacher

(Hutton)

Carrick Duffy

There are persistent rumours about Page from East Fife that aren't helped by him handing in a transfer request lately.   We look like we're maybe a defender and back up youngsters for the reserves.

Also, we've got the main sponsors in Holemasters, we have away sponsors, stadium sponsors, among many other add-ons.    Makes one heck of a change from 12 months ago when we were told that Wotherspoon was out, Wilson walked away,  JWB threatened to close us down, Ryan and Rohan were sold off,  we had 9 loanees,  average age of team of 19 in some games...

You’re absolutely right, it’s light day and night compared to last year. If that means I’m a happy flapper too then fu(k it, I’m a happy clapper. :-) 

As for loanees, I could see us sill haveing one in Hastie as heard we’d like him back and he would be a good addition. 

Watt is also not with club at present I believe? Would take him back too if we were able to get him. 

In the board we trust!

5 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Look at the squad now;

Gallacher

(Hutton)

Carrick Duffy

Of course everyone has their opinion and we are undoubtedly in a much better place but personally doubts surround a few to me:

O'Neill - Has aggression and pace but lacked positional sense and awareness defensively. Hope he has improved with age.

Grant Gallagher - Who knows how his fitness is.  A chancey signing to me but hopeful nonetheless.

Conroy - A year older and slower.

Sean Mcintosh - Surprise signing given that he hardly played latterly. Needs to find a position and its got be full back or midfield as he's not strong enough to play centre back.

Victoria - Might initially excite fans as he can move but must improve on anything he has achieved before but a hard ask at 29. My tip to be gone at xmas.

Leighton McIntosh - Has got something but spent a quite amazing amount of time on the bench of all his previous clubs.

We just don't know how all the 10 new signings are going to blend as a team, Findlay has set out who he wanted and it looks like he has got all or most of all he wanted if going by how early our signings have been this summer. Lets just hope Findlay has a plan and it all works out it can't be as bad as last year surely with such a young team and loan signings that some only played handful of games due to injuries our call offs. Lets just wait and see and judge any of the players in a Diamond and not with past clubs, who cares how they played at x and y, I just care how they play in the Diamond. John Baird we were told was trouble at the time worked out pretty good for us, even Chucky we were told had bad attitude at Hamilton did pretty well season before last. Alan Cook and Trouten came with good reputations and baring a few games for us were pretty awful and have left and done ok elsewhere, its always a hit and miss with players at this level, at any level lets just hope with all the work going on both on and off the park this summer we have a better season 18/19 that the last few disappointments and get the fans back and kick on.

55 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Of course everyone has their opinion and we are undoubtedly in a much better place but personally doubts surround a few to me:

O'Neill - Has aggression and pace but lacked positional sense and awareness defensively. Hope he has improved with age.

Grant Gallagher - Who knows how his fitness is.  A chancey signing to me but hopeful nonetheless.

Conroy - A year older and slower.

Sean Mcintosh - Surprise signing given that he hardly played latterly. Needs to find a position and its got be full back or midfield as he's not strong enough to play centre back.

Victoria - Might initially excite fans as he can move but must improve on anything he has achieved before but a hard ask at 29. My tip to be gone at xmas.

Leighton McIntosh - Has got something but spent a quite amazing amount of time on the bench of all his previous clubs.

If they sign Page he O'Neill might not start.   Personally I really like him, I think he's better than most here think.   Been surrounded by sh*te most of his time here.

Gallagher seemingly fit now for 3-4 months after a bad one.  Time will indeed tell.

Sean McIntosh,  only a boy, has a lot of positive traits.

Conroy didn't have much pace to lose,  all we need to do with him is get him passing the ball.   I imagine he wont have a guaranteed start now so will have to show a bit more.

L. McIntosh and Victoria will surely be seen as backups to Carrick and Duffy.   They had almost 20 goals between them last season.

The thing I've noticed most from our new signings is that we've signed players with leadership abilities - a few of them were captains.  I think SF wants a team that are more responsible and mature,  you could almost say he's bought a positive dressing room culture.

13 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

The "hope" is that he might have the best season of his career yet and kick on eg Allan Russell emoji7.pngemoji7.png and Andy Ryan.
The expectation is, he'll be the first choice back up striker (if that makes sense).
Its up to the lad to show he doesn't deserve to be on the bench when he gets his chance. An interesting signing and one that certainly adds "poacher" threat.
By my reckoning, a left winger and possibly a marquee signing centre half and we can conclude its been a bloody good "summer" and were not even out of May yet.

A proper winger and a central midfielder that can play a bit of football would be ideal IMO.

15 hours ago, Airdrie1977 said:

L. McIntosh and Victoria will surely be seen as backups to Carrick and Duffy.   They had almost 20 goals between them last season.

Think they only had 9 between them?  They managed 8 goals in the 9 times they played together with Carrick adding just 1 after Duffy's Injury. 

I think if there was a way you could get McIntosh, Duffy, and Carrick in there then that would be the makings of a very quick front 3 with potential to score a lot of goals.