Fife and Lothians Cup Final

bravehearts dad

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

It's good that different clubs are getting a chance to host finals. In the days when my team used to reach finals, it seemed they were always played at Linlithgow or Gorebridge.

The minimum criteria should be that there is a Social Club at the ground to allow fans to have "a better experience". However, it's Junior Football, so a lot of pitches aren't the greatest.

Does Broxburn have a Social club?  You are correct a lot of pitches are not the greatest. The pitch at Broxburn is the absolute worse.

38 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Let's all just take a break here and be grateful that the two finalists from Midlothian ain't being forced to go to Kilmarnock to play the final.

The two finalists from Midlothian aren't good enough to get to Kilmarnock to play in a finall, sad but true 

9 hours ago, Truthteller said:

The two finalists from Midlothian aren't good enough to get to Kilmarnock to play in a finall, sad but true 

Harsh but true.

The West have been able to dominate in this competition for a long time to be fair. 

- Higher gate prices a few years ago

- more supporters backing their teams

- more money spent on players

- less travelling in their leagues.

- draws, venues and media more tailored to the west as well.

- you could also add referee appointments and mindset to the list

Ultimately the West is alot stronger in that competition for those reasons.

But when the Scottish Cup comes into play Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow bossed it. Strange that eh!

25 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Harsh but true.

The West have been able to dominate in this competition for a long time to be fair. 

- Higher gate prices a few years ago

- more supporters backing their teams

- more money spent on players

- less travelling in their leagues.

- draws, venues and media more tailored to the west as well.

- you could also add referee appointments and mindset to the list

Ultimately the West is alot stronger in that competition for those reasons.

But when the Scottish Cup comes into play Bonnyrigg and Linlithgow bossed it. Strange that eh!

You’ll need to explain that last part to me. Bonnyrigg v Hibs, Linlithgow v Ross County against Irvine Meadow v Hibs, Talbot v Hearts.

Same same, no?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

You’ll need to explain that last part to me. Bonnyrigg v Hibs, Linlithgow v Ross County against Irvine Meadow v Hibs, Talbot v Hearts.

Same same, no?

I was at the Irvine game think 4th round

Talbot 4th round 

Some reason I thought Bonnyrigg was a 5th round!

And despite them trying to forget it Linlithgow definately got the furthest of any. 

You are right though more level than I made out/thought. Maybe there is a record of Scottish games won by junior teams out there to clear up.

Which only exaggerates the West Bias in the SJC

Guest brycey
16 minutes ago, ian44wood said:

Final now being played at Penicuik 

it makes sense for both teams and fans

Guest brycey
1 hour ago, ian44wood said:

Still find it hard to believe the final was to be played at Broxburn. Surface is terrible.

the worst 3g pitch av ever seen surface is shiny and patchy 

On 5/29/2018 at 22:40, bravehearts dad said:

Does Broxburn have a Social club?  You are correct a lot of pitches are not the greatest. The pitch at Broxburn is the absolute worse.

I don't know, but don't think so. To be clear, I wasn't advocating for Broxburn.

On 5/30/2018 at 18:33, bravehearts dad said:

Thank you for making a correct right and proper decision for all, clubs,players fans.

Just hope the teams are able to serve up a game the occasion deserves. Last game for both clubs under the junior banner.

C’mon the Rose

What was the decision for the clairvoyantly challenged among us?

Archived