Peru v Scotland - Wed 30th May 2018

2am kick off, Live on BBC1

About time we started the match Thread!!!

Would like to see Archer and McTominay get a start but other than that I can't help feel we're on a hiding to nothing on this trip!!!

So what's the plan, is anybody going to be watching it, early night then up at two or are you staying straight through till 4???

I'm off tomorrow, but think I would struggle to stay up till 4 might go for a wee power nap around nineish!!!

Hoping for the best but fearing the worst - here we go!!!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I follow Milwall and Archer is pretty solid however he is prone to some big errors. He cost us a good few points towards the end of the season with some Karius like errors. Hopefully see him get his debut but I think it will be McLaughlin in this first game who for me is a better keeper.

Two different 11's to play in these matches so hard to know how he will set up.

I'll likely try for the Mexico game on Sunday morning, but not this one. I think the only near-certainty in the line-up, provided McLeish sticks with the back three, is Hendry, Mulgrew and McKenna. I'd imagine Phillips and McBurnie will start one game each up-front. From an Aberdeen perspective, I hope Shinnie starts at least one game; most likely at LWB with Stevenson starting the other game in the same role. 

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised when I read the score in the morning, but it could be a tough watch for those staying up. 

Archer

O'Donnell Hendry Mulgrew McKenna Stevenson

McGinn McTominay McGeouch

Paterson

Phillips

I'd probably go with that. Not great but not as bad as I thought it'd be. Stevenson getting a cap is a joke.

5-0

I’ll go 2-0 maybe. Think it will be a bit of a pumping on the park if not in the scoreline. Holding midfield and backline look good, and McLaughlin is a good keeper. Stevenson and Cadden/O’Donnell as the fullback though!? [emoji46]

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’ll go 2-0 maybe. Think it will be a bit of a pumping on the park if not in the scoreline. Holding midfield and backline look good, and McLaughlin is a good keeper. Stevenson and Cadden/O’Donnell as the fullback though!? emoji46.png

I think the mentality will absolutely crumble. There's already loads of negativity around these games from our point of view, and I don't think the squad is mentally strong enough to cope.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think the mentality will absolutely crumble. There's already loads of negativity around these games from our point of view, and I don't think the squad is mentally strong enough to cope.

Which then gives the media the perfect opportunity to point at the games and say how terrible an idea they were, having fostered said mentality in the run up to the game.  They'll be delighted if it turns out negatively.

Result doesn't really matter, important part is seeing how these fringe players cope and hopefully see whether they're worth keeping around.  We'll probably get beat, but that's not the be all and end all.  I'd much rather get beat and go into the Autumn games with some plan than not play at all and have little idea.

Which then gives the media the perfect opportunity to point at the games and say how terrible an idea they were, having fostered said mentality in the run up to the game.  They'll be delighted if it turns out negatively.
Result doesn't really matter, important part is seeing how these fringe players cope and hopefully see whether they're worth keeping around.  We'll probably get beat, but that's not the be all and end all.  I'd much rather get beat and go into the Autumn games with some plan than not play at all and have little idea.
Exactly. I can already hear the radio pundits sighing and chuckling away about how "nobody wanted these games anyway" and that "they don't matter".

Could go either way. They’ve already been written off. Might be a bit of a siege mentality.

Also think we're likely to get roundly bullied in these two games.  Might be "them South American Johnny Foreigner" thinking, but I imagine they'll be far more streetwise than us in the way that a lot of sides are over there.  Not saying we'll get the same levels of sexual assault that the Copa America enjoys* but expect we'll be comfortably controlled.

http://ottawasun.com/2015/06/25/was-edinson-cavani-sexually-assaulted-at-copa-america/wcm/482742da-906e-482d-92a2-466886e1cec8

08:00 ko for me.  First 2 hours of work sorted.

Get up you lazy b*****ds. In 10 years I not missed a game, I have mainly wanted to turn off as there has been some utter utter shite.

C'mon Scotland, 3-0 home side.  

42 minutes ago, forameus said:

Also think we're likely to get roundly bullied in these two games.  Might be "them South American Johnny Foreigner" thinking, but I imagine they'll be far more streetwise than us in the way that a lot of sides are over there.  Not saying we'll get the same levels of sexual assault that the Copa America enjoys* but expect we'll be comfortably controlled.

http://ottawasun.com/2015/06/25/was-edinson-cavani-sexually-assaulted-at-copa-america/wcm/482742da-906e-482d-92a2-466886e1cec8

McLaughlin

Hendry Mulgrew McKenna

O'Donnell McGinn McTominay* Shinnie

Paterson McLean

Phillips

I think that would be my preferred team if it were just one game, but we will obviously need to rotate for Mexico. Wouldn't surprise me if Cadden and Stevenson started as wing-backs tonight, with O'Donnell and Shinnie replacing them on Sunday. 

* McGeouch could also play here. One of McTominay or McGeouch to act as McGinn's insurance. I'd imagine they will start one game each, with McGinn probably starting both. 

Archived