English Leagues Transfer Activity Summer 2018

7-2

Bamford signs a four year deal for Leeds.  Wonder where he'll be in January.

I genuinely don’t understand that decision. In the second half of the season, Pat Bamford was Boro’s best striker by miles. Not even close. Was striking up a really good relationship with Adama Traore, who is by far our most important player, and yet he’s been sold to a rival for £7/10 million (depending on where you read), which in the current market is a total bargain.

Long balls to Rudy Gestede it is then. Bugger.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I genuinely don’t understand that decision. In the second half of the season, Pat Bamford was Boro’s best striker by miles. Not even close. Was striking up a really good relationship with Adama Traore, who is by far our most important player, and yet he’s been sold to a rival for £7/10 million (depending on where you read), which in the current market is a total bargain.

Long balls to Rudy Gestede it is then. Bugger.

It’s looking like the £7m for Bamford has gone straight on buying Martyn Waghorn. You couldn’t make it up. A talented 24 year old who looked like being one of Boro’s most important players this season, replaced by a fat, 29 year old who couldn’t cut it in the Scottish Premiership.

Gutting.

It’s looking like the £7m for Bamford has gone straight on buying Martyn Waghorn. You couldn’t make it up. A talented 24 year old who looked like being one of Boro’s most important players this season, replaced by a fat, 29 year old who couldn’t cut it in the Scottish Premiership.
Gutting.

It’s madness. A man who’s two most memorable moments in Scotland were running a ball directly out of play, and being told he was shite by a fat bairn eating a chipper.

Never wanted promotion anyway [emoji26]

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Mourinho has a good managerial record, yes. Is he a great manager, no. Great managers are Busby, Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson and Stein. Mourinho doesn't deserved to be mentioned in the same company as guys like that.

I reckon the only great manager in the British game in recent times is Arsene Wenger after what he did for that club and what he left after he retired.

Anyway, any transfer news on the go?

Guardiola is a great manager. 

Klopp has clearly done a better job.  Mourinho has barely improved man utd at all despite spending hundreds of millions, klopp has completely transformed Liverpool.  Mourinho possesses no greatness, if he did guardiola wouldn't have been riding him for the last ten years

I think you mean Klopp has done a better job in your opinion. He has achieved nothing as yet as Liverpool manager so I don’t think it can be so conclusive.

I am by no means a Mourinho fan and his teams are shite to watch but he has won more trophies at Man United than Klopp at Liverpool.

Liverpool are a great side to watch but much like Spurs that really mean f**k all unless you win something.

And let’s not kid ourselves on that Klopp has taken Liverpool from relegation fodder to potential champions, 18 months before he took over they were a Steven Gerrard slip away from winning the league. He has also spent a lot of money on players as well.

For me Klopp’s teams are far superior to watch and he is clearly a likeable guy whereas Mourinho’s teams are shit to watch and he is a c**t but you can’t argue with success and Mourinho has been far more successful to this point. What he done with the inter side was remarkable.

9 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

It’s madness. A man who’s two most memorable moments in Scotland were running a ball directly out of play, and being told he was shite by a fat bairn eating a chipper.

Never wanted promotion anyway emoji26.png

Needless deals like this seem to happen every summer. It's like clubs sell and buy simply because it's possible and they feel like they need to be doing something 

So what's folks most ridiculous rumours of the window so far? 

Pickford to Bayern Munich? 

Anyone spending £80m on Harry Maguire?

Mignolet to Barcelona? 

Barca accepting a cash+Aaron Ramsey deal for Dembele?

4 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

I think you mean Klopp has done a better job in your opinion. He has achieved nothing as yet as Liverpool manager so I don’t think it can be so conclusive.

I am by no means a Mourinho fan and his teams are shite to watch but he has won more trophies at Man United than Klopp at Liverpool.

Liverpool are a great side to watch but much like Spurs that really mean f**k all unless you win something.

And let’s not kid ourselves on that Klopp has taken Liverpool from relegation fodder to potential champions, 18 months before he took over they were a Steven Gerrard slip away from winning the league. He has also spent a lot of money on players as well.

For me Klopp’s teams are far superior to watch and he is clearly a likeable guy whereas Mourinho’s teams are shit to watch and he is a c**t but you can’t argue with success and Mourinho has been far more successful to this point. What he done with the inter side was remarkable.

Come on where have you been Liverpool were pointless also rans :D

Despite the title challenge of 2013-14 they were in the wilderness. Miles behind the top sides off the back of near administration and years of no Champions League football saw them picking up scraps in the transfer market. 

He has changed all of that :)

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

So what's folks most ridiculous rumours of the window so far? 

Pickford to Bayern Munich? 

Anyone spending £80m on Harry Maguire?

Mignolet to Barcelona? 

Barca accepting a cash+Aaron Ramsey deal for Dembele?

Messi to Inter for £400m+. 

On 31/07/2018 at 12:37, TheScarf said:

United could have the pick of any CH in the world, unless he plays for City, Real or Barcelona and possibly PSG.  Yet they plump for shite like Smalling and Jones.   Mental.

Sir Alex Ferguson bought Jones and Smalling and they won two EPL titles under him.  Van Gaal brought in Rojo.

Mourinho's obviously didn't rate them. His first signing was Bailly and then he bought Lindelof too. Jose spent over £60 million on them.

Woodward says that he's not spending big money on more central defenders whilst those five on the books. Seems reasonable to me.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Sir Alex Ferguson bought Jones and Smalling and they won two EPL titles under him.  Van Gaal brought in Rojo.

Mourinho's obviously didn't rate them. His first signing was Bailly and then he bought Lindelof too. Jose spent over £60 million on them.

Woodward says that he's not spending big money on more central defenders whilst those five on the books. Seems reasonable to me.

The obvious point being that all of United's direct rivals, and Spurs, have gotten far stronger since Ferguson retired.  United seem happy to stick with those two which is baffling.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The obvious point being that all of United's direct rivals, and Spurs, have gotten far stronger since Ferguson retired.  United seem happy to stick with those two which is baffling.

Mourinho was not happy to stick with Jones and Smalling. He signed replacements that they are not good enough. Alderweireld would be a decent signing but Levy will want a big fee. Everton seem willing to pay £30 million for Rojo. Selling two of the others could raise enough cash to get him. 

Fulham sign Alfie Mawson from Swansea on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee!!!

Bigging up the Scottish contingent at the Cottage perhaps???

Nah, he can f**k off!!!

13 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Fulham sign Alfie Mawson from Swansea on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee!!!

Bigging up the Scottish contingent at the Cottage perhaps???

Nah, he can f**k off!!!

:lol: 

Now I understand the relevance of your location! Mawson was in Southgate's squad for friendlies last season. He is over-rated and over-priced at £20 million.

Kalas was supposed to be re-signing from Chelsea after last season's loan but that deal seems to be dead. So Kalas remains in Chelsea's stockpile of unwanted defenders.

Archived