English Leagues Transfer Activity Summer 2018

7-2

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

IMG_1767.jpg

I've seen a lot more rumours linking players away from Chelsea than potential signings. Kante's their only midfielder who wasn't a disaster last season :lol: 

ECBEB5A9-5335-4FDF-8214-5E119EEB1296.jpeg.2d0c0960d8ea157490137e65256bc92d.jpeg

13.5 million is a bit of a steal, take it Lallana's arse will be out the door soon then???

13.5m isn't a steal for such an inconsistent player who will likely be on the bench much of the time.

EDIT: He IS a good player btw and a terrific guy to have on the bench. But that seems a bit much for a player like that.

Stoke want to use that money to buy Matt Ritchie. Newcastle will use that money to buy Andros Townsend. That's what £13M gets you without release clauses in the current market.

I think Liverpool are getting a great player for that money, and adds to a stronger squad, which is what they need this coming season. Fekir and Becker and I'll be happy.

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

13.5 million is a bit of a steal, take it Lallana's arse will be out the door soon then???

He is just a youngster sure he’ll get plenty of time ... :D 

Hopefully he can stay fit and get back up to speed again. 12 months ago he was a key player for club and country. 

Teams play a high line, Salah will burn them in behind. Teams sit deep, Shaqiri will smash one in from 25 yards. Great signing as an option, means 3 points against the dross is more likely. One more attacking player who can shoot from distance hopefully still to come in.

16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I've seen a lot more rumours linking players away from Chelsea than potential signings. Kante's their only midfielder who wasn't a disaster last season :lol: 

Sarri is bringing Jorginho with him this weekend. That's a good start.  Chelsea would be mad to sell Kante, especially if Willian goes to United or Barca. 

Bakayoko should be the first to leave but, after his dire performances last season, it could be difficult to attract serious offers. He'll probably be sent out on loan with the rest of the dross that Emenalo signed.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Sarri is bringing Jorginho with him this weekend. That's a good start.  Chelsea would be mad to sell Kante, especially if Willian goes to United or Barca. 

Bakayoko should be the first to leave but, after his dire performances last season, it could be difficult to attract serious offers. He'll probably be sent out on loan with the rest of the dross that Emenalo signed.

Was Jorginho not nailed-on for Man City? 

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Was Jorginho not nailed-on for Man City? 

Not according to the Grauniad - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/13/maurizio-sarri-jorginho-chelsea-manager-antonio-conte-sacked.

"Napoli midfielder Jorginho is expected to follow his former coach to Stamford Bridge. The 26-year-old, born in Brazil and capped by Italy, arrived in London on Friday evening to complete his transfer."

11 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I think Liverpool are getting a great player for that money, and adds to a stronger squad, which is what they need this coming season. Fekir and Becker and I'll be happy.

This.  He has good experience and I think will be more effective for a strong trophy chasing side like Liverpool than he was for a relegation fighting side like Stoke.  

28 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Just me that thinks Shaqiri is a waste of money then? If Liverpool have any aspirations of success they need to aim higher than him.

Nope but £13 million does not buy much in the current crazy market. I have been saying the same thing since Liverpool's interest was reported. They still have Solanke, Sturridge and Origi with Ings and Ojo rumoured to be leaving. Shaqiri's too inconsistent so, with a fit squad, he'll compete for place on the bench with odd start in the League and FA Cups. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Just me that thinks Shaqiri is a waste of money then? If Liverpool have any aspirations of success they need to aim higher than him.

Nah. They want cover for the right wing and no matter who they sign, they'll be back up to Salah. £13m for a match winner, with experience of EPL, Champions League and title wins, who's happy to play a rotation role, seems almost flawless really. 

He's definitely worth it aswell. Almost half what Leicester spent on James Maddison. A few million more than Wolves spent on Benik Afobe. £2m more than Deulofeu. 

Archived