English Leagues Transfer Activity Summer 2018

7-2

About time to get this off the ground. Probably better if we just chuck everything...rumours, confirmed,  all leagues...in the one thread as it'll save the inevitable duplications and crossovers we always end up with. 

To get us going Liverpool have just confirmed signing Fabinho from Monaco for about £40 million. It seems to have come out of nowhere as all the talk was about him ending up at one of the Manchester clubs. Has to be said well done to the Scousers for keeping it so quiet until the deal was done.  Pity more weren't like that.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klopp’s been after him for 12 months. Very good defensive midfielder who can also play at the back. 

Emre Can’s move to Juventus will be confirmed this week. 

Literally came out of nowhere that. Brilliant. No doubt that Liverpool have got their transfer business sorted at the moment, get the right players when they become available rather than spending money on stop-gaps. It's frustrating in the short term but the right way to do it.

Fabinho is not only a cracking player but at a very simple level, he has height and aerial ability without a lack of mobility which in a small team is vital. Not much getting past him, VVD and Lovren in the air.

I'm still amazed at how relatively cheap keepers are with the £34.7 million world record only recently set. Liverpool are to bid £60 million for Allison if the rumours are right. It obviously shatters the record but in the current market still isn't exactly breaking the bank. 

Twitter awash with Man United about to sign right back Diogo Dalot from Porto for £17.5 million. Never heard of the guy but mostly positive comments from neutrals. Main concern seems to be  how often Mourinho will play him given he's only 19.

On 29/05/2018 at 00:28, 7-2 said:

I'm still amazed at how relatively cheap keepers are with the £34.7 million world record only recently set. Liverpool are to bid £60 million for Allison if the rumours are right. It obviously shatters the record but in the current market still isn't exactly breaking the bank. 

I don't understand why so little is spent on keepers given they are the most important players on the pitch. Even at 60m a world class keeper is undervalued. 

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 00:28, 7-2 said:

55 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I don't understand why so little is spent on keepers given they are the most important players on the pitch. Even at 60m a world class keeper is undervalued. 

This.

Roma conceded 28 goals in the league, but an analyst I follow on Twitter reckons it should have been ~10 more than that based on the quality of chances they faced.  Huge contribution.

On 31/05/2018 at 22:37, FifeArab said:

Apparently Liverpool are after Dembele at Barca.

I'd be surprised if that one happened. Klopp owned the flat that Dembele stayed in when he was at BVB. When Dembele was pushing for a move to Barca, he went on strike and properly trashed the flat. Klopp was slightly miffed at this.

The only reason I could see him signing Dembele, even on loan, is to give the fucker a scheme booting.

Archived