League Cup 18/19 - Group E

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Well Ryan Scully is as appalling as every Partick Thistle fan warned. For all that Ayr have been comfortably the better team, if we had a proper goalkeeper on the park it'd still be 1-1.

He's brutal.
He never saves anything. Every shot at goal goes in.

I would have been more surprised if he played well tbh.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well Ryan Scully is as appalling as every Partick Thistle fan warned. For all that Ayr have been comfortably the better team, if we had a proper goalkeeper on the park it'd still be 1-1.

Nah it wouldn’t

Mind when Shankland was a chubby waste of space? We'd seen in the past in his first loan spell with the midden that there was a player in there, but he just didn't look interested at Morton.  Not sure if there was something going on in his personal life of whatever but it seems that he's got the spark back.

I expect him to rattle them in again this season. 

Enjoyed the first 10 minutes of that, after that it got slower and slower. Storer ended up so deep I thought he was going to wind up in goals.

Gordon looked like the player we were crying out for for 6 minutes then disappeared, but harsh weather for gingers tbf. 

Job done I guess although disappointing to pick up at least one injury. 

Edit : for fans of scurrilous gossip, 2 of my mates left early and met Keown outside. Said he's fit to play but club aren't letting him.

First 10 minutes was good, the rest was brutal.

Sneddon looked competent, which is good. McGinty is very slow which could be a concern, but the rest looked fine. Think we can definitively state that Storer definitely isn’t a striker based on that.

Absolutely stunned to hear about Ryan Scully being terrible to be honest.

Not quite sure what to make of today's match. The game was more or less over and done with in the opening six minutes after Shea Gordon netted himself a brace (the second of which was particularly tasty). Thistle had some of the ball, Stenny had some of the ball, Thistle looked comfortable for long spells, Stenny looked comfortable in flashes. I'm not sure if the Jags ever really got out of second gear but Sean McGinty looks like a big haddie and the boy Jack Storer didn't offer a lot.

As for the Warriors, we were okay - we had some good bits of play here and there and looked more threatening when Colin McMenamin came on midway through the second half. Buzz Smith was alright, Ruaridh Donaldson was handy, Morgyn Neill looks like a big unit, Jesus Garcia Tena was a little too lax at times, Alan Reid looks like a downgrade on Ross Meechan, Alan Cook was so-so, Kieron Gibbons looks like he could be a decent wee player, Thomas Halleran was anonymous, Seb Ross didn't get into the game enough, Connor Duthie had some nice touches, and Mark McGuigan did okay without much support.

32 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Down to our 3rd choice keeper after 45 minutes of competitive action :green

Sneddon was actually pretty decent.

You can have Scully back. We will drop him off free of charge on Tuesday night.

2 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

You can have Scully back. We will drop him off free of charge on Tuesday night.

Nah, you're all right m8 :lol:

Archived