Sign in to follow this  
AyrshireTon

League Cup 18/19 - Group E

We looked well behind in terms of our performance levels against Forfar last week; I suspect most teams are a similar position though so it's impossible to call tomorrow's game with much confidence either way.

On 7/11/2018 at 13:56, madton said:

Should line up something like;

Scully

Ooh.  Sorry about that.

Total guess how we’ll lineup today considering the amount of new signings. I’ll go with:

Lennox, Elliott, O’Ware, McGinty, Penrice, Bannigan, Slater, Spittal, Storer, Erskine, Doolan.

Adam Barton to come off the bench and score a hat trick, and chase down every ball, working his arse off.

In all seriousness though, I would expect this to be fairly comfortable, without being much of a doing. Archie has said he wants to get back to playing entertaining football, so let’s see if we can at least get some of that today.

Spotted some Morton fans on the train going to Ardrossan Harbor while I'm waiting on mine heading down.  Great start to the season :lol:

Not enough hype about this game. 2 can journey, a wonderful terrace in shorts and sunglasses, the beer garden in Larbert and the beginning of the season. it's not ayr away on opening day  shoot yer load exciting but it is a glorious beginning.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Morton fans apparently charging the fence in a glorified pre season friendly :lol:

A couple of seasons ago we beat Kilmarnock away in a "glorified pre-season friendly" and found ourselves in a semi-final a few months later.

Stop kidding yourself.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

A couple of seasons ago we beat Kilmarnock away in a "glorified pre-season friendly" and found ourselves in a semi-final a few months later.

Stop kidding yourself.

Fantastic. Did the charge a fence in that match as well? :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Morton fans apparently charging the fence in a glorified pre season friendly :lol:

Apparently? You not at the game?

Couldn’t make the game the day annoyingly , how bad is Lennox’s injury and dose anyone know how long Bell is out for ( no 6 week jokes please).

Well Ryan Scully is as appalling as every Partick Thistle fan warned. For all that Ayr have been comfortably the better team, if we had a proper goalkeeper on the park it'd still be 1-1.

Edited by Dunning1874

48 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Apparently? You not at the game?

Nah working, few of my mates are.

Still a glorified friendly :rolleyes: