League Cup 18/19 - Group E

Very comfortable for us. 5-0 going on 7 or 8. Very poor first game of the group but got a lot better after that. You never know what might’ve happened if we nicked an equaliser at Firhill. Looking forward to the league starting next week.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty slick performance from Morton from start to finish.  Tids and McAlister immense in the middle of the park. Both full backs looked good going forward and lots of movement up front.

I know we won 5-0 but we still lack a presence up front and need to be more clinical in front of goal. 

Very pleased at how our squad looks at the moment, with Millar, Telfor  and Buchanan, I would imagine back in contention next week.  Thomson made the bench today and I hope Denny not too far away either, means competition for places, which can't be a bad thing.

I imagine more to come in too before the squad is complete, but very satisfied so far!

Partick were speedy going forward at times and looked fit and strong most of the game.

No real bite up front

We looked calmer on the ball, more controlled, better footballing brains and could really have score a few more.

That 2nd goal though, unreal! A must see for everybody.

Still think we will surprise a few this season.

Good healthy and noisy away support, 703.

.........the story continues

How did mark Kerr play??

Thought he was excellent. Gave the ball away once or twice but generally very good. Both he and Murdoch bosses the midfield although it wasn’t that hard against Partick.

Archived