League Cup 18/19 - Group E

6 hours ago, RedEd said:

I think Luke McCowan might feature. He didn't play for the reserves the other night.

Hope he does.  Only concern would be that McCall has only used him as a striker when he has played him.  

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope he does.  Only concern would be that McCall has only used him as a striker when he has played him.  

What is his natural position though? Is he not an attacking midfielder?

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

Aye i'd expect quite a few changes.  Wouldnt be surprised to see Ferguson, Bell, McDaid, McGuffie and Moore all get a start as an example. 

Ayr could play the tea lady at no9 and she’d score against that side I saw on Tuesday 

No problems with Rose and Adams together today - got us a clean sheet on title day!   But assuming thats how we play it does show that we definitely need one more body in there - especially if Higgins isnt even back training yet?

Pitch is very dry at Coatbridge apparently which could make our style of play interesting, certainly won't be able to zip it across the pitch which McCall likes us to do.

Still think we should win comfortably, 4-1 Ayr.

Totally in control today. Midfield looks class I have to say, with Tids MotM.

Telfer looks like a class act also, Tumilty impressing  going forward too.

Could do with a bit of height up front and a bit of pace wouldn't go amiss. 

Very happy with look of the squad so far....  

Stenhousemuir put in one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a team in that second half. The left back that picked the ball up before it went out :lol: 

Thought we strolled it but we still need a goal scorer and a bit of pace up front. 

Thought McHugh done pretty well up front in his own today, considering. 

Today was easy. I don't think a team with Millar, McAlister, Tidser and Telfer crammed into the starting 11 will be that successful against better opposition. Overloaded with central midfielders,  and a lack of attacking wide players. We looked to McLean a LOT today. This is a guy we've only got for 6 months. Do we have any other options out wide at all at the minute? 

Thought McHugh done pretty well up front in his own today, considering. 
Today was easy. I don't think a team with Millar, McAlister, Tidser and Telfer crammed into the starting 11 will be that successful against better opposition. Overloaded with central midfielders,  and a lack of attacking wide players. We looked to McLean a LOT today. This is a guy we've only got for 6 months. Do we have any other options out wide at all at the minute? 

We have McLean on a season long loan IIRC. It’s Waddell we have for 6 months.

Archived